Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Shiruba »

I must admit that I too am very curious to see how it wraps up. With so much going on all at once it's going to be hard to get everything back in place unless he's doing a longer chapter to fit it all in.
frisbee
Recruit
Recruit

Post by frisbee »

I'm a little late to the ballgame.

I didn't realize it would be ending so soon. It's understandable, tho, due to Yoshi's tendonitis. I can imagine he's in a lot of discomfort, maybe even pain, when he draws. :(

I didn't realize the Manga industry was so harsh too. I hope he has a great retirement cuz he really deserves it! Ginga definitely had to be a passion project for Yoshi. I'm grateful for his dedication.

Needless to say, I can't wait to see how it all concludes.
Vegas and Atlas siggy made by Mako
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

So, reading spoilers, apparently Takahashi isn't done, because "Takahashi's next work appeared soon !! Please expect it !" was written.

So...not retiring?
Done.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

https://twitter.com/Dino_roko/status/10 ... 20129?s=20

The end of an era...
Part of the last page of the last chapter.
Mako wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:11 pm So, reading spoilers, apparently Takahashi isn't done, because "Takahashi's next work appeared soon !! Please expect it !" was written.

So...not retiring?
Ohh??? Now I'm very exited!
Last edited by Tora on Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Mako wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:11 pm So, reading spoilers, apparently Takahashi isn't done, because "Takahashi's next work appeared soon !! Please expect it !" was written.

So...not retiring?
Oooh, maybe it means TLW is "ending" but a new series starts about the end result of TLW. Kinda like GDW transformed into GDWO

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

So...not retiring?
Huh, guess he’s just on a hiatus to heal up after all then? The old guy just doesn’t give up, does he? XD

If this really means Ginga might not be done then I’m excited!
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Amazing! I really hope it's something dog-related!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

tbh I still think it's weird he's apparently ending the grand finale of his series prematurely... or maybe this was the ending he'd envisioned all along? Who knows.

Obviously we can do nothing but speculate about what the new project may be, but maybe it's something shorter or published monthly instead of weekly to keep him from straining himself too much? Maybe some sort of short epilogue to the series?

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Man Im confused xD

But tora's link looks like its showing everyone surrounding a dead Sirius..?

ImageImage
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

That’s really odd, huh? Because it had seemed like even Japanese fans thought the series was coming to a close. Of course the new work doesn’t have to be Ginga.

I too wonder if this will be some sort of extension to TLW, as Digsu said maybe an epilogue? Or perhaps more than that.

Very excited to find out either way!
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

I...uh...

Takahashi sensei, please get rest already, you've done enough. I find it kind of funny, as in an interview from White Lotus he said that he was going to stop drawing manga at one point...and then he started Ginga Densetsu Weed. At this point Takahashi and retirement from doing comics is about as serious as Hayao Miyazaki retiring :'D
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I hope he does get some rest 😞 He really deserves it!

Though if he isn’t in any pain and is still enjoying what he does then I’m happy for him!
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Very confused. I thought even the latest volume cover of TLW being digitally coloured might have been someone else helping out because of his health.
Whether the new series is Ginga related is another question though. Perhaps there's some other kind of work he really wants to start.

As for the ending of TLW. Still very little we know. Sirius is either very wounded or dead, Monsoon doesn't seem to be around, and Orion and others don't appear to have a scratch.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Ian
Translator
Translator

Post by Ian »

Looking at spoilers, they did appear to say something about Sirius dying.
Done.
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Thank god he may not be retiring! I don't care if the manga he makes is about dogs, I just love his style <3
And guys...I got that Doragon made a typo. It's not a big issue...I called myself swine solely because I honestly feel pretty uncomfortable posting here these days, as even a neutral statement from me starts a war. That's why I'm not active that much anymore, I don't have the desire to 'fight' people all the time...hate me if y'all must.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Mako wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:35 pm Looking at spoilers, they did appear to say something about Sirius dying.
If I read the same thing as you, it seems to say Monsoon is killed by Orion and Jerome in the Japan sea, and Sirius dies after witnessing it.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Kasi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:53 pm
Mako wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:35 pm Looking at spoilers, they did appear to say something about Sirius dying.
If I read the same thing as you, it seems to say Monsoon is killed by Orion and Jerome in the Japan sea, and Sirius dies after witnessing it.
Huh, if that’s the case then I can honestly say I wasn’t expecting it to be that simple. Wonder why and how Jerome pitched in, though?

If Sirius really does die then that’s quite a downer ending to me. After all the annoying plot armor and extreme pacifism this is all it got him? I thought both sides of the brothers’ argument would end up prevailing in certain ways... if both Sirius and Monsoon have been killed, does that mean Orion and the others have learned nothing from Sirius..?

How can this possibly be the Ohu army’s “last war” if the ones who chose war have won? For all we know there could still be other kin of Akakabuto somewhere in Japan, not to mention previous villains that haven’t died..
Last edited by Tsukitora on Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

Kasi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:53 pm
Holy crap

I think maybe I missed it somewhere, but where did you happen to read that?
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

From 2chan/5chan.
SPOILER
Thoughts and more comments
SPOILER
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Kasi wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:56 pmI thought even the latest volume cover of TLW being digitally coloured might have been someone else helping out because of his health.
Wait, is it really? Because I looked it up again and it doesn't look like digitally colored to me.

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”