Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu: Requiem
katastrofipiski

Re: Ginga Densetsu: Requiem, SPOILER THREAD

Post by katastrofipiski »

Interesting chapter, my first thought was "oh hell yeah someone faster than the fastest character around" but then again.... hasn't that happened before ::]? Also wondering if something bad will happen to him actually, taking into account the series' name. I can't yet read the translations but i believe the kamakiriclone #34 assumed Rocket has hurt his packmates or something?

Also cool first cover, i wonder what's the similarity between all the characters in it? Or like the reason those characters have been chosen? Nice seeing Lydia again though i missed her!!
(rapidly getting closer to the 10 posts oh my god!!!)
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I believe why Masachika got ahead of Rocket is because of the trees. As Rocket for sure is the fastest one, with no obstacles in the way. With turning and such around the trees, I'm not that surprised one got ahead of Rocket in that way
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Wisp
Potential
Potential

Post by Wisp »

LostChutora wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:10 am What an amazing villain would've been for example Hougen's daughter, a Great Dane mix probably, because the bastard seemed to lay around a lot. A big girlie. Perhaps she could lead the chika clones from shadows. Okay, now I'm just daydreaming...
I agree about Hougen's children, but why daughter specifically?
Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

Tora wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:45 pm I believe why Masachika got ahead of Rocket is because of the trees. As Rocket for sure is the fastest one, with no obstacles in the way. With turning and such around the trees, I'm not that surprised one got ahead of Rocket in that way
This is how I interpreted it as well. Rocket had to zig-zag between the trees and Masachika’s underlings which Masachika was able to us to his advantage and circle ahead of Rocket.

Either way, pretty cool chapter! Once again feels reminiscent of past events, when in GDW Rocket also had to face Kamakiri on his own in the woods. I wonder if it’s coincidental or if Yoshi is deliberately making reference to his previous stories considering the series’ name.
LostChutora

Post by LostChutora »

Wisp wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 4:02 pm
LostChutora wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:10 am What an amazing villain would've been for example Hougen's daughter, a Great Dane mix probably, because the bastard seemed to lay around a lot. A big girlie. Perhaps she could lead the chika clones from shadows. Okay, now I'm just daydreaming...
I agree about Hougen's children, but why daughter specifically?
Just an unachievable dream that we could get more competent females, such as Cross and Lydia who at least started as competent, into the series
:chutora: Henlo
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Spirit Tree wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:48 am Volume 1 cover is revealed!
Am I the only one bothered by how badly they cropped Kamakiri here? Like, they left the empty space between his jaws white.
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

The cover is quite confusing. In addition to what others have said, I think Lydia looks a bit weird.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

YamaDora wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:05 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 12:48 am Volume 1 cover is revealed!
Am I the only one bothered by how badly they cropped Kamakiri here? Like, they left the empty space between his jaws white.
Yeah I've noticed that, too. Somebody must have made an error on that when they were designing the cover. It's just as bothersome as seeing two villains with the Ou dogs on there, in my opinion. :tfw_bella1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
LostChutora

Post by LostChutora »

Hougen and Kamakiri deliberately came to photobomb to the shootings of the cover
:chutora: Henlo
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

That cover does indeed look cool but yeah it is bothersome that characters that are clearly dead and have not even gotten big flashback scenes in this manga are on that cover. Sometimes I think Yoshi just sketches some of these at random are the guys in charge are like

'We need a cover for this latest issue!'
'Umm... I got these pictures I did for fun, but they may not match the plot or characters-'
'GOOD ENOUGH - WE'LL TAKE IT!'
:tfw_rigel1:
Last edited by Gingaddict on Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

The cover looks fine.....Though yea, there are some things that are kinda bothering.
I am still confused as to why Hougen is on here.
Kamakiri, I can understand, due to the fact that he has like a TON of Kamakiri clones.
I swear, they came from a beehive or something..

OH! Yea, back on topic!
So I can see why Kamakiri is on here, not Hougen though.
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

Maybe Hougen is there cause his relatives will be spawning out of the woodwork as well, lol.
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Beastface wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:51 am Maybe Hougen is there cause his relatives will be spawning out of the woodwork as well, lol.
PFF- NO- Do not jinx it lol!
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Adding all these damn Kama-shitface clones in GDReq when we had no idea of their existence until now is like adding Roman as Sidney's half brother in Scream 3 when we literally had no idea of his existence until the 3rd film :surprisegin:
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

4townie wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:04 pm Adding all these damn Kama-shitface clones in GDReq when we had no idea of their existence until now is like adding Roman as Sidney's half brother in Scream 3 when we literally had no idea of his existence until the 3rd film :surprisegin:
Oh god not the Roman BS again XD

This is the main problem I have with the Kama relatives. They were added so late in this franchise with little to no evidence of their existence, and their personalities are seriously no different from Kamakiri's. Why should we care about them? Is this supposed to make us feel nervous for the dogs of Ouu? Is this supposed to be a callback to Kamakiri? Don't we already have Akakama and Kurokama for that? If there's a point to the addition of these relatives, Yoshi had better make that point clear, and quickly, because I'm quickly losing interest in these villains.

I can kind of forgive the addition of Akakamakiri and his brothers because it happened soon after the GDW volumes and that they're the closest related to Kamakiri, but seeing these other guys appear so suddenly seems so forced.

Like others have mentioned, if they were going to have relatives of past villains appear, it should have been someone related to Hougen. Hougen was a prominent villain, and his name gets mentioned more often than Kamakiri's. Maybe even have a Russian war dog from Sakhalin (even if the war dogs aren't as popular as Hougen) suddenly decide that Japan wasn't a barren wasteland and try attempt a second invasion of Japan. If Ouu was gonna get taken over by dogs, that would've made more sense.

:tfw_bella1:
TofuSui

Post by TofuSui »

I didn't even know there was a new Ginga story XD. I haven't read Ginga in a while, maybe I will check it out :derpgin:
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I have a worry it will go the way of GDN, where the villains were an overall underwhelming clique of invading dogs. Seems that way so far. I expect GDReq to have more arcs, like GDW, but hey-ho, who knows!
:akame:
Known as ep or eraserplains, active on Bluesky and Tumblr
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

I love that Riki is featured on the cover but Lydia, Jerome, Rigel and Orion do look... not too good. Also Kamakiri's mouth ugh. I guess Hougen is a bit of a weird character to have on the cover, at least this 1st one. I get it that this series probably features a lot of references etc to older characters but Hougen doesn't really appear on this first manga. Why not include Akatora instead?
:masamune:
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Does a new chapter come out today?
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

4townie wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:39 pm Does a new chapter come out today?
Yes it is out right now. Vanille just hasn't shared the full chapter yet.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn

Return to “Ginga Densetsu: Requiem”