Favorite story in the series?

General discussion of all things related to the Gaiden series.

Favorite Gaiden story?

Journey Of Condolences
No votes
Three Brothers Of Kai
23%
Lonely Ron
54%
Tomon Of The Dried Falls
8%
Benizakura
No votes
Ganin
No votes
Mel's Journey
No votes
Winds Of Zion
8%
Hanako
8%

Total votes: 13

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Favorite story in the series?

Post by Adams Angel »

What is your favorite story in the Gaiden series? I honestly like LR because Ron is adorable and is just a big goof :tfw_rigel1: Also feel free to vote in the poll and discuss why you like the story!
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Re: Favorite story in the series?

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

4townie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm What is your favorite story in the Gaiden series? I honestly like LR because Ron is adorable and is just a big goof :tfw_rigel1: Also feel free to vote in the poll and discuss why you like the story!
Lonely Ron was such a wholesome story! I'm picking it.
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
TofuSui

Post by TofuSui »

I like Winds of Zion :tfw_bella2:
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

Between LR and Hanako! LR was good but I feel like some writings or animations based off dogs irl kinda makes me put them above most stories Hanako in this situation was great!
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Justarandomfan1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:03 pm
4townie wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:29 pm What is your favorite story in the Gaiden series? I honestly like LR because Ron is adorable and is just a big goof :tfw_rigel1: Also feel free to vote in the poll and discuss why you like the story!
I'm honestly surprised because I thought it would be Winds of Zion since your favorite character is Zion :derpgin:
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

4townie wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:31 pm
Justarandomfan1 wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:03 pm
I'm honestly surprised because I thought it would be Winds of Zion since your favorite character is Zion :derpgin:
Lol I can see that! But, I just didn't find Winds of Zion that interesting. But, it was not bad! Lonely Ron just felt very wholesome compared to how Ginga can... Usually be.
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I'll rank mine best to worst

TOMON OF THE DRIED FALLS - Despite the timeline trouble, the story is well constructed and has good character arcs. It was also interesting to see another wild dog pack have peace instead of all the nasty ones we've seen in GDW. It reminded me of some of the great teacher and student films I've seen in the past. Also Yoshi said he based this off a film he actually saw - Does anyone what film that was? My best guess was Gran Torino but there's alot to support that is not it.

JOURNEY OF CONSOLENCES - Good time spent with the old guard and very likable heroes

LONELY RON - Good comedy (without toilet humor?! LET'S CELEBRATE EVERYONE!), well written characters and just enough danger to realise the steaks involved but luckily it does not change the personalities of our main leads.

MEL'S JOURNEY - Spotlight is finally given to pets and Mel is very well utilized

BROTHERS OF KAI - Gave me more appreciation more the character of Akatora and it was good to see him and his brothers kill the mean marten. My only complainant is WHERE WAS CHUTORA WHEN AKATORA WAS DYING!?!? Kuortora was there, so why wasn't he? The GNG anime had him there so why not here!? Also it just reinforced my view on these guys working better as a trio and not liking them apart.

WINDS OF ZION - While I do like Shion's friendship with the boys and the young boy's rise to find his courage, it's just too mean spirited with mothers dying yet again and even mentioned puppy death!

BENIZAKURA - Liked the start where they showed his puppyhood and relationship with his brothers but I felt it dramatically sped itself up after his fight with his rival and it never began to slow down again.

HANAKO - Sad, but well drawn and good pacing and description to give you enough idea on what their life was like but I kinda wish we spent more time with Hanako living her life instead of her slow decline.

GANIN - Why did he even bother with this? We got GDA and Gamu, this was pointless, not well paced and none of the characters leave an impression. Feels like the plot to a youtude video - I got more out of the Akita Inu Shimpo thing than this!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Return to “Gaiden Series”