Ginga Dreams

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Ginga Dreams

Post by OreozFox »

Last night I dreamt that after Riki's (actual) death, Gin was raised/trained by a big blue brindle akita (of course...) named Hiroki. Interesting since that's his VA's name! Anyway, Gin was being raised/trained alongside a teenaged Hougen and Genba! Not sure if this was before or after the shed incident, but either way it probably contradicts the timeline. Gin was undoubtedly Hiroki's favorite. Hougen... was not. Hiroki was incredibly strong and skilled, but he was also an extreme pacifist who would spare literally everyone, and Hougen didn't like that. He would do anything to defy Hiroki, whether trying to interfere and kill enemies or just scoffing and making passive-aggressive comments about Hiroki's pacifism. Gin always tried to de-escalate the situation, but the result was always the same, and Hougen was beaten for his actions.

Does this sound familiar? It did to Kyoushiro and Orion, who were hearing the story from the Ohu elders. Gin had always been too ashamed to reveal that he'd once been a sort of brother to Hougen.

They couldn't help but notice the striking similarities between Hiroki and Weed...

Idk about you guys, but this sounds like a sick AU lol
Last edited by OreozFox on Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: I had a weird Ginga dream

Post by SoullessDog »

For some reason, this reminds me of some dream another person had. I don't remember where I read it, and it's been a while, but basically they wrote that in the dream, Gin's Battouga caused a nuclear explosion that created Hougen? And Hougen might've lived with Gin for a time.

What you described doesn't really sound familiar. I don't think I've ever had Ginga-related dreams. But it does sound like an interesting AU, could be a good source of inspiration for you and anyone interested in writing it.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Ginga Dreams

Post by OreozFox »

Decided to change the name and make this a thread for anyone to post their own Ginga related dreams! If this is already a topic tho please lmk!

On that note, last night I had another one. My sister and I were watching the GNG anime, but it was different. Gin's brown-furred brother had also joined Riki's army, but was not considered strong enough to go on the journey to gather comrades and remained behind with Riki. Gin's brother also recognized Riki, but Gin had told him of Riki's amnesia. However, while everyone was gone, Sniper had found a doppelganger of Riki (so like the Gin/Tokimune situation) to do his bidding. So now there was essentially an evil Riki causing trouble, and Gin's brother tracked down Gin and the others for help. Riki's substitute followed him, and attacked them just as Gin's brother arrived to tearfully tell Gin that their father was evil. My dream ended with a very dramatic fight between Riki's substitute and a confused and tearful Gin.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”