Disturbing/Dark Scenes in Ginga and other Yoshi works

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Disturbing/Dark Scenes in Ginga and other Yoshi works

Post by 4townie »

Inspired by this topic for GDW I made a long time ago. What scenes do you find disturbing in Ginga? It can be from any of other Yoshi's works too, not just Ginga.

One of the scenes I find disturbing is from the GDW anime, episode 13 after that fight, Genba and his goons have the bodies of those three dogs (I forgot their names) and Genba (I think it is him speaking) says they died laughing at them and it looks like the three dead dogs are smiling.

In GDReq iirc, when Ram's owner dies.

In TLW, how Monsoon ripped the paws off of that one dog and ate it. There was also another one that Fantachan mentioned in another topic that also had his paws ripped off but he didn't die.

For a non-Ginga one, Blackie's death from SSY is a disturbing one for me.
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Re: Disturbing/Dark Scenes in Ginga and other Yoshi works

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Oooh boy, I have one..

The Russian arc entirely was incredibly dark.
But one that stood out the most dark to me was the suicide scene
SPOILER
The whole scene was just incredibly dark and disturbing.. It might even be number 1 for most disturbing ginga scenes in my opinion.
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OreozFox »

John's death will always be up there for me. It hit me just the other day that he spends the majority of GDW episode nine being tortured and beaten to death.
Vicutooru
Potential
Potential

Post by Vicutooru »

Everything with the Koga/Kurojaki arc in gng, the traps, the suicides etc.
:EMPTY:
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OreozFox »

Vicutooru wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 8:26 am Everything with the Koga/Kurojaki arc in gng, the traps, the suicides etc.
OH YES HAYATO. :tfw_sirius1:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

GDWO volume 18: Kotetsu and Rigel find an abandoned mother dog caring for her puppies in the ruins of Higashinaruse... except the puppies have clearly been dead for a while. That doesn't stop the mother from talking to them as if they were alive and urging them to nurse from her, though.

For some reason, it's the moment that stuck to my mind more than anything in Ginga. I think it's probably because it's so unlike anything else in the series - there's no gore, no sadistic villain, no innocents being slaughtered. idk if it makes any sense, but the only way I can describe it is that it's quiet, and in a series that usually likes to be as over-the-top and unsubtle as possible when it comes to disturbing scenes, that quietness makes it stand out in a really unsettling way.

WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

So many but a stand-out to me:

Gng ep. 3: Akakabuto's cub killing those 2 out of 3 remaining hunters in that cabin. The way it attacjs from behind and all that blood, it's straight out of a horror movie. The fact that we even are shown their bloody bodies later is the cherry on top.

The fact that it's not even the only really graphically violent scene in GNG speaks volumes

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”