Character Death Predictions

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu: Requiem
MasterOfCider
Recruit
Recruit

Character Death Predictions

Post by MasterOfCider »

With us now eight chapters into the final series and it being titled Requiem, I was wondering who everyone thought was going to die. It feels like several notable characters should, or at the very least, the old guard.

I'll start with the obvious one, Gin. He's such a major part of the series, I'd even argue that he is the series. With him dying, it would feel like a great way to close it out and truly symbolize the end of an era. Now, I don't think he'll die fighting. It's honorable and manly in their world, but if he died on the battlefield, the implication is that someone was strong enough to kill him, and I really don't think anyone is. I think he'll simply pass away in Daisuke's home, and the dogs/town will hold a funeral, Gohei style.

Kurotora next because he's hotheaded, and the kai dogs have a huge thing for dying in war like Akatora. It's their whole deal since the beginning, and they won't stop talking about it. It feels fitting for him, his pride, his nephew's legacy, and his brothers'. I don't think it'll be at the end of Requiem. I dare say, I think it'll be toward the beginning or middle but closer to the start. Part of me thinks he'll go down in the first invasion protecting his sons and nephew.

The Kamakiri Brothers. Their relative is out their as the (I assume) main antagonist, and they've been out of sorts since Sirius died. It feels like them fighting to the death to honor Sirius' fight for justice would be fitting.

Rigel. This is a bold and wild choice I know, but there's been so much back and forth over who should be the leader of Ohu that I feel like his death toward the back half of the story would force Orion to take on the responsibility everyone wants him to. Obviously it's not morally correct to push someone to lead an army if they don't want to, but I think Orion's whole arc is to be the leader that's different from those who came before him. Gin wanted to be in charge, Weed didn't mind it, and Orion doesn't want the job at all. I could see the narrative framing it as Rigel's death inspiring him to step up to fulfill his manly duty or whatever.

I'd like to see other characters die, but I don't think they will. Cross should go, but she's not a big enough presence these days to warrant it. Akame as well, but he doesn't have a sufficient replacement (no I don't think Tesshin fills his role, otherwise Shirozaru and co. wouldn't exist lol.) Jerome is a wanted death too. He's such a masochist and is surrounded by so much death that I wish Yoshi would just give it to him, but he won't. The Koga Elder. He's an old man and part of a ninja organization whose rival clan has long been dead. Tesshin doesn't seem interested in carrying on the group either. It's a good way to fully close out the old rivalry. I'd put him in with the others as a character who I think is actually going to die, but I'm not sure if Yoshi remembers he exists.

So what do you guys think? Who's going to die?
"Satan takes me to the pasta."
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Re: Character Death Predictions

Post by Tsukitora »

My big fear is that the only survivors will be Orion and Andy, and maybe a few others that aren’t very old :tfw_aokabuto2:

Gin’s the obvious one I’d expect, likely his fellow elders too. I’m worried that Weed won’t make it and I’m scared Rigel will be offed too. I personally don’t like the idea of Yoshi getting rid of them just to force Orion into a leadership he’s never really wanted.

Ultimately I just hope none of the deaths are made cheap by a lack of reason or decent buildup. *glares daggers at Weed bonking his head underwater*

Also: the Koga Elder passed away from wounds during TLW iirc?
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Tsukitora wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:50 am Also: the Koga Elder passed away from wounds during TLW iirc?
Yes, you're correct.

I feel like Crack (Weed) will die way before his father Gin dies, which is pretty sad. Kurotora, Akame, Cross, and all the other characters that were in GNG that are currently alive should've died a while ago...
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Kuutamoturkki

Post by Kuutamoturkki »

My personal guess characters to die are Gin, Akame and Weed. Maybe some major character could also die as a hero sacrifing themselves 🤔
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

At this point I am quite sure that Gin will die. I hope he does. I hope he dies peacefully, Daisuke at his side.

The other old ones should die too, tbh. Maybe the epilogue could be a time skip that tells how at least Cross, Akame and Kurotora have passed. Maybe some of the GDW generation, too, like Tesshin, Kagetora, his brothers, Ken and George etc. for example.

Gin's death surely would be the perfect way to end Ginga. It began on his birth, after all.
:masamune:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

All old GNG character.
I guess that "only" Ken, George, Tesshin, Gin, Kurotora, Cross, and Akame.
Think we can count Kagetora and his brothers as well, as Kagetora pup played with Ken and George as a pup. And perhaps even Jerome.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
LostChutora

Post by LostChutora »

Weed didn't die even in the latest chapters, despite all of his past death scares. Perhaps he'll live until the very end, then
:chutora: Henlo
Quinsku

Post by Quinsku »

I dont think Gin will die, he's too important for that and his death would truly mean the end for ginga.
My prediction is that Unsai, Kurotora and/or Akame will die.They are all quite old and memorable but not too important especially in gdn and their death/s would be meaningfull. I do hope non of them die but most likely some minor characters yoshi doesnt know what to do with will die, like munechika?

Return to “Ginga Densetsu: Requiem”