No
67%

Total votes: 9

Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

(SPOILERS) Your opinion on Ryuu?

Post by Adams Angel »

This thread might contain spoilers for GDReq so if you plan to read that before viewing this topic just keep this in mind or click away

Do you guys like or hate Ryuu? What do you think of him leading the Ohu dogs in a trap?
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: (SPOILERS) Your opinion on Ryuu?

Post by Spirit Tree »

I know I already expressed my loathe for him several times already after what he actually did. But I'll try to express my opinions in a more rational way.

I do like that he wanted to protect and save his family from getting executed after those thugs threatened him and his family. What I DON'T like is him using the Ou soldiers to lead them to a trap as a way of getting "help" from them to save his family. Threatened or not threatened, Ryuu still had that plan of putting the soldiers into a possible death scenario. I think it would have been a lot better if Ryuu quietly told Weed and his group what was really going on before they got there. That way they could have made up a secret plan to rescue Ryuu's family from those thugs instead. So it's like this: Ryuu should have immediately told them the situation right as he got to Futago Pass. Then maybe Weed and the group could have pretended that they didn't know, allowing them to confuse the thugs and catch them off-guard to save the family.

Then again, that better plan was not going to be initiated anyway since Weed suggested crossing the bridge. The one good thing that Ryuu did was warn them not to take the bridge. But then Weed was like-

So I could say that Ryuu is half innocent but also half guilty.

Of course, if anyone here has love for Ryuu, I totally understand. But I myself am not so fond of him. I have only just a bit of sympathy for him when his family was in trouble.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Honestly, I feel bad for Ryū. What he did was a bad thing with tricking the Ōu warriors, but he did it to save his siblings. Plus he didn't pressure neither Kotetsu nor Sasuke and made a move on them. And once the threat of the bad dogs were gone, he immediately went to make up what he did wrong and wanting to help instead.
He's not a bad dog, just a good dog being pressured to do bad things by bad dogs.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Ryuu is just a single random dog in the sea of forgettable side characters in this series, and having an entire topic dedicated for him seems a bit weird considering that he most likely will disappear and won't contribute much to the story moving forward.

I do not have much of an opinion on him aside from that I find his actions reasonable considering his situation.
Kuutamoturkki

Post by Kuutamoturkki »

I had to Google him, because no idea who is he.. Has he been on any of the previous ginga series? In my native language I would say "mä oon niin nevahööd susta" 😀
Adams Angel
Upholder
Upholder

Post by Adams Angel »

Kuutamoturkki wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2024 7:50 pm I had to Google him, because no idea who is he.. Has he been on any of the previous ginga series? In my native language I would say "mä oon niin nevahööd susta" 😀
I don't think Ryuu has been in any other Ginga series.
:sparkles: Oh, uh, ugly people? :sparkles:
TofuSui

Post by TofuSui »

I like the little guy and can understand why he tricked the Ohu dogs
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

Idk my thoughts on him are just that I do understand why he led them to a trap. I don't think he's a bad dog. He did go and look for survivors after all.
:masamune:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu: Requiem”