GDW:O General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.
Post Reply
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6403
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Digsu »

Spirit Tree wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:48 pm
Digsu wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:56 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:44 pm I'm currently re-reading GDWO for a work reason. But one question. Lake Gyouja, which is the old home of the Koga dogs, is in Shiga Prefecture. Is that correct?
Which volume is Lake Gyouja named in? I'd like to take a closer look but can't find where it's named.
It's in Chapter 48. Sasuke calls it "Lake Gyouja" when he remembers from his GDW time that the Koga Elder lives there. The narrator also says it in Chapter 53.

It's the same lake with the underwater cave.

EDIT: Searched online. Both chapters are in Volume 7.
Ah... I was looking at the Finnish translation, which for some reason omits the name completely. But knowing where to look, I could check it out in the Japanese version.

1. It's not a lake, it's a pond.
2. Gyoujanuma (行者沼) or "Gyouja Pond" doesn't seem to exist irl, or at least I couldn't find anything on Google.
3. Regardless of any of that, it is in Shiga. It's said to be in Kouga, which is a former district of the Shiga prefecture. (Specifically, it'd be the area marked in yellow on the map on Wikipedia - and yes, it says "Kōka District", with a k, which is technically the correct spelling/pronunciation but for some reason even Japan commonly spells it with a g and that's the spelling used in Ginga.)
Image

User avatar
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 11572
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:05 pm
Location: A Pizzeria

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Spirit Tree »

Digsu wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:22 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 7:48 pm
Digsu wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:56 pm

Which volume is Lake Gyouja named in? I'd like to take a closer look but can't find where it's named.
It's in Chapter 48. Sasuke calls it "Lake Gyouja" when he remembers from his GDW time that the Koga Elder lives there. The narrator also says it in Chapter 53.

It's the same lake with the underwater cave.

EDIT: Searched online. Both chapters are in Volume 7.
Ah... I was looking at the Finnish translation, which for some reason omits the name completely. But knowing where to look, I could check it out in the Japanese version.

1. It's not a lake, it's a pond.
2. Gyoujanuma (行者沼) or "Gyouja Pond" doesn't seem to exist irl, or at least I couldn't find anything on Google.
3. Regardless of any of that, it is in Shiga. It's said to be in Kouga, which is a former district of the Shiga prefecture. (Specifically, it'd be the area marked in yellow on the map on Wikipedia - and yes, it says "Kōka District", with a k, which is technically the correct spelling/pronunciation but for some reason even Japan commonly spells it with a g and that's the spelling used in Ginga.)
Ah, I see. Both Japanese and Finnish versions are different. Okay, a pond it is then. I was reading the chapters on SFR, and "Lake Gyouja" is how it's translated. I don't know which version it comes from, but now I get the difference. I'll go with Gyouja Pond, though.

Thank you for this info!
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Image
Image
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
User avatar
Tora
Legend
Legend
Posts: 15627
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:32 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Tora »

A question, how many names do we know of in the Kamakiri Brothers pack?

Sirius
Shigeki
Junnosuke
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Avatar made by overcastsea
Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
User avatar
Wisp
Potential
Potential
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:28 am
Location: Poland

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Wisp »

Is it safe to assume Koushiro died in fire?
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6403
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Digsu »

Wisp wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:53 am Is it safe to assume Koushiro died in fire?
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.

Image

We haven't seen him since the eruption, but Shigure was in the same boat and he's suddenly shown up in GDReq. So Koushirou could canonically be dead, but he could just as well show up out of nowhere sometime in the future.
Image

User avatar
Wisp
Potential
Potential
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:28 am
Location: Poland

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Wisp »

Digsu wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:10 pm
Wisp wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:53 am Is it safe to assume Koushiro died in fire?
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.

Image

We haven't seen him since the eruption, but Shigure was in the same boat and he's suddenly shown up in GDReq. So Koushirou could canonically be dead, but he could just as well show up out of nowhere sometime in the future.
But if he lives would he not appear in the end of GDWO when all pups are together by ravine?
User avatar
Digsu
Legend
Legend
Posts: 6403
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Finland

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Digsu »

Wisp wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:29 pm
Digsu wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:10 pm
Wisp wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:53 am Is it safe to assume Koushiro died in fire?
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't.

Image

We haven't seen him since the eruption, but Shigure was in the same boat and he's suddenly shown up in GDReq. So Koushirou could canonically be dead, but he could just as well show up out of nowhere sometime in the future.
But if he lives would he not appear in the end of GDWO when all pups are together by ravine?
I guess that would make sense.

Still, since he hasn't been confirmed dead, I wouldn't be surprised if Yoshi simply forgot about his existence at the time and he ends up showing up again, like Shigure did. I think assuming Koushirou's dead is a good headcanon, but canonically we don't know whether he's dead or just forgotten.
Image

Sundyr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:51 am

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Sundyr »

Hi! New here, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this- but I'm caught up with all 207 chapters on the silver fang reader and have been scouring the internet trying to find the find the rest of it!! I need to know how it ends haha. Anyone have any idea where I might be able to find the remaining chapters?
User avatar
4townie
Adviser
Adviser
Posts: 2482
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:00 pm
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Contact:

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by 4townie »

Sundyr wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:30 pm Hi! New here, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this- but I'm caught up with all 207 chapters on the silver fang reader and have been scouring the internet trying to find the find the rest of it!! I need to know how it ends haha. Anyone have any idea where I might be able to find the remaining chapters?
There's a section that has links to all the volumes (which has all chapters of Densetsu Orion) but you need 20 posts to access it :)
Image
Sundyr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2024 1:51 am

Re: GDW:O General Questions Topic

Post by Sundyr »

4townie wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 7:24 pm
Sundyr wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2024 6:30 pm Hi! New here, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this- but I'm caught up with all 207 chapters on the silver fang reader and have been scouring the internet trying to find the find the rest of it!! I need to know how it ends haha. Anyone have any idea where I might be able to find the remaining chapters?
There's a section that has links to all the volumes (which has all chapters of Densetsu Orion) but you need 20 posts to access it :)
Oh wow, that's great news!! Thank you so much! Can't wait to read the rest :bon1:
Post Reply

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”