Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Which one do you prefer?
Have a nice day!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Re: (Poll) Manga or anime? GNG

Post by WolfKing »

The anime manages to smoothen the occasionally rushed pace of the manga, and also cutting down some pointless or padded scenes (The scene with Bill in Shikoku took forever in the manga while in the anime they went straight to the point) It also eases down some characters attitudes: Like John, Smith, Cross.

And of course it manages to stay faithful to the source material and capture the tone as well.

Of course the manga is still great and i like Gin's explanation to Benizakura why he joined Ou, it was touching.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

WolfKing wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:21 pm The anime manages to smoothen the occasionally rushed pace of the manga, and also cutting down some pointless or padded scenes (The scene with Bill in Shikoku took forever in the manga while in the anime they went straight to the point) It also eases down some characters attitudes: Like John, Smith, Cross.

And of course it manages to stay faithful to the source material and capture the tone as well.

Of course the manga is still great and i like Gin's explanation to Benizakura why he joined Ou, it was touching.
I also prefer the anime, since it is what introduced me to Ginga as a child, and because of that, the power of nostalgia is just to poweful. But besides nostalgia, I generally Think that the anime and manga are equally good, but there is one thing that makes the anime better for me, and that is because of the fact that they chose to stay with the humans longer in the anime than in the manga. I like that, since it gives me a bigger connection to the humans.

I personally don’t mind that part with Bill. I can understand why people would feel like it’s stretched a little, and therefore just wanna get through it, but I actually enjoyed every bit:) I honestly don’t know why. It’s probably because I was so excited that I was finally able to read GNG, and when I did, I was just like: “NEW STUFF, MORE CONTENT *clap clap* I LOVE IT!” everytime there was something new XD

I was especially like that when I Saw that there was another arc. Damn I was excited!
Have a nice day!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I prefer the manga because to me, the manga has better aspects or qualities. The manga just has more fire or action than the anime.

However, I would still prefer a reboot/remake anime of GNG that could just about fit like the manga with almost the same length. And hopefully, Smith would have a better voice than what he has in the original GNG anime. I would like to see him have a good male voice in a GNG anime reboot/remake.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Sat_Cab

Post by Sat_Cab »

I prefer the manga simply because it has more detail that leave out less plot gaps. I found that at times the anime makes sudden jumps in the story that leave some unanswered questions. For instance, right after Gin left Daisuke, John attempted to save Daisuke from a bear encounter but decided to bail when his own life was threatened. Then Rikki appeared and scared the bear off, only to have a confrontation with John- which led to John submitting himself to Rikki and becoming a member of the Ouu army. However in the anime, that scene was just referenced in one line when John appeared during the conflict with Kurojaki. When I first watched that scene, I thought it was just a detail crammed in at last minute- but I guess it was just a result of a scene cut.
Similarly, the scene with Kisaragi deciding to join with the Ouu army after seeing the corpse of his dead adversary, Terry, being flopped around by a bear didn't make much sense to me. Why would he have been that distressed by the sight, given that he himself tried to kill Terry just moments ago? The manga however issued a far more believable reason for him to join the Ouu army- the death of his kids by the hands of Akakabuto's goon and him wanting to avenge them, and experiencing first-hand why Terry wanted to request the aid of him and his forces.

Also, despite it being rather rushed and inadequately executed at some points, I still like the wolf arc. I found the sole mention of the source of the Battouga in the anime being just a single line of dialogue by Rikki rather underwhelming.
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

I love the manga! Especially the wolf arc! But if I'm looking for less blood I'd say the anime.
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
Flickan09

Post by Flickan09 »

Amnie for me, is very like the manga in many way.
SENTŌ INU
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SENTŌ INU »

I prefer the anime. The manga has a lot of great art and is overall enjoyable enough, but for me the action scenes just get too chaotic and hard to follow in manga form -- and Gin has a LOT of action. I found myself really speeding through the fighting parts which I loved in the anime. Again, LOVE the look of everything in the manga... the action just doesn't translate as well to me without animation (and plenty of manga do action splendidly). Also, ending on the wolf arc is just a sour note imo. The fight against Akakabuto is built up the entire time, and the wolf arc feels tacked on. I would have preferred the wolf arc released separately as a one-shot/special.
Findog
Potential
Potential

Post by Findog »

This is very hard because I like both equally and the anime was naturally the one I saw first, but I still vote for the manga because towards the end the anime rushes a bit and leaves out a lot of important stuff (like Riki vs. John, Wilson's backstory and Kisaragi's real reason to revenge for bears: the death of his pups). The anime does some things better than the manga, like when Benizakura leaves Nobuo (or Shin as he was named in the anime), but it also sometimes adds some unnecessary moments, like when Gin is standing in front of a running wild boar, and Daisuke's prove to the shopkeeper that he knows how to shoot a bow is just useless filler in my opinion. So I say manga because it's a much more complete entity. I also like the Wolf arc because I'm a big fan of over the top Shonen fights xD
Ginga forever! <3
qqr112

Post by qqr112 »

Manga
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

The anime
GreedyScub

Post by GreedyScub »

I gotta say the anime cause dare I say, I like the artsyle a bit more and I think they help with the pacing near the end and still capture those touching moments but now with voice acting! And then the music that goes along with it too, oh my lord, it's so good. There's some things I prefer in the manga like the entire wolf arc, which is so sad it's not animated, but it's cool I think both are dope and I love them ❤️
:derpgin:
Hweka

Post by Hweka »

Even though the anime is so nostalgic for me and i kinda prefer the art style over the manga, I'd still say manga. Because it's original and you get every aspect of the story and not a shortened version.
4townie
Upholder
Upholder

Post by 4townie »

I think I'd prefer the anime
:orion: :gin: :riki: :ben: :monsoon: :bon: :yukimura: :sniper:
ICEBOSS

Post by ICEBOSS »

I Like em both but i answered anime
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

For me I have to say it's the manga as it is more nostalgic to me and for it being the original work. I do love the anime, too, obviously. It is great to see and hear the characters come to life on screen.
:masamune:

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”