Who's Aka's Mom?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Cocoalings

Who's Aka's Mom?

Post by Cocoalings »

Not sure if this has been addressed before, but if Aka is one of Riki's pups from a previous litter, who do you guys think his mother could be? It could be totally irrelevant (as you guys are talking to someone who headcanons that Yamato is Yamabuki's sire).

I'm teetering on the assumption that Fuji probably isn't his mother; Riki is a renowned hunting dog like his dad Shiro, so he's likely sired several other puppies besides Gin, Hiya-n, Giyan, and Aka. Gohei probably advertises him as a stud to have a bit of money, at the very least to care for himself and his dogs. Sorry gang, Fuji probably isn't Riki's only girl ^^;

However! I could be totally wrong, as we don't see or hear of any other female akitas in GNG. What do y'all think?
idk what i'm doing

My favorites:
:yukimura: :uzuki: :koushirou: :hiyan: :giyan: :mangariki: :gin: :smith: :kagetora: :ken: :gb: :george: :benizakura: :bella: :akatora: :chutora: :kurotora: :moss: :kaibutsu: :joe: :hazuki: :great: :fuji: :aka: :mel: :yamato: :ryo: :rigel: :lonelyron: :jumbo:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Who's Aka's Mom?

Post by Digsu »

Yoshi has suggested himself that Fuji isn't Aka's mom, so there's that. Likewise, Meteor Gin say's he's "apparently" Riki's child, but not Fuji's.

In general the dogs were a lot less anthropomorphized in early GNG than in the rest of Ginga, so I could see people considering Riki a sought-after sire for the litters of their dogs. The Supreme Commanders of Ohu going around passing on their genes willy-nilly just because they're so awesome (nevermind being made to pass on their genes by humans for profit) would probably feel a bit weirder now, given how humanlike the dogs are these days :KRUMP:

Cocoalings

Post by Cocoalings »

Totally! It made sense to me that Shiro and Riki were likely studs that fathered several other puppies with several other females thanks to their status and advertising, and the same likely would've happened to Gin if he had stayed with Gohei and Daisuke (ESPECIALLY since he is tora-ge), and so on and so forth. They talked about dogs being sent to breed such as Koyuki's initial situation in GDW before she escaped and became Weed's mate, but I think that's the last we hear of it if I remember correctly?
idk what i'm doing

My favorites:
:yukimura: :uzuki: :koushirou: :hiyan: :giyan: :mangariki: :gin: :smith: :kagetora: :ken: :gb: :george: :benizakura: :bella: :akatora: :chutora: :kurotora: :moss: :kaibutsu: :joe: :hazuki: :great: :fuji: :aka: :mel: :yamato: :ryo: :rigel: :lonelyron: :jumbo:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Cocoalings wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:14 pm Totally! It made sense to me that Shiro and Riki were likely studs that fathered several other puppies with several other females thanks to their status and advertising, and the same likely would've happened to Gin if he had stayed with Gohei and Daisuke (ESPECIALLY since he is tora-ge), and so on and so forth. They talked about dogs being sent to breed such as Koyuki's initial situation in GDW before she escaped and became Weed's mate, but I think that's the last we hear of it if I remember correctly?
I feel the situation with Koyuki was handled a bit differently, as the dogs talked about her being "married" to another dog, without bringing up the breeding aspect. So to me it's treated more like arranged marriage instead of "let's take these sapient creatures and force them to procreate so we can sell their offspring" - not that arranged marriage is necessarily a good thing, but at least it is a bit less questionable than the latter.

Cocoalings

Post by Cocoalings »

Ah! I hear you, it's just been awhile since I've read that far into the manga, my apologies!~

I can definitely agree about the dogs being more anthropomorphized over the franchise's run, and dogs referring to a breeding deal as an "arranged marriage" makes sense in that regard. We've got dogs in the wild who can select whoever they want as their mate vs. a pet dog having a mate selected for them, I can imagine there's bound to be a culture clash xD

But back in the times of GDR and GNG, studding was definitely a heavy component, especially with two famous hunting males that have successful hunts in their track records.
idk what i'm doing

My favorites:
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I always forget how drastic of a shift in the way the dogs were represented in the earlier series was. I don't know if I would've found it too weird if they kept the whole studding thing, because like.... the humans don't see the dogs are that sapient, do they? I mean yeah Gin managed to travel around and gather other dogs to take down Akakabuto, but do they know how far of an extent he went to do so? I don't remember if that was something touched up on in the story but for all they know, they army could've been just dogs from the neighboring areas.

Honestly the idea of Gin possibly having half siblings across Japan and finding out about them sounds like it could make an interesting story :bon1:

Finding about about their heroic lineage and what not
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I would indeed like to hear about Riki's other mates and pups - I mean if we can see Zion from one of Gin's Brothers then we should get to see more from Riki's lineage -there might be a whole pack of Akitas out there we have not seen!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Cocoalings

Post by Cocoalings »

Gingaddict wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 7:14 pm I would indeed like to hear about Riki's other mates and pups - I mean if we can see Zion from one of Gin's Brothers then we should get to see more from Riki's lineage -there might be a whole pack of Akitas out there we have not seen!
Ooooh for sure! Gin's brothers deserve their own Gaiden, there's just so much potential there.
idk what i'm doing

My favorites:

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”