Cats in Ginga

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Cats in Ginga

Post by TenderVulture »

So, from the Hanako manga, we know Yoshi can draw cats. So, 1. Would you be interested in a potential cat character in Ginga 2. How do you think this cat would be portrayed 3. How do you think the Ohu Army would react to a cat as an ally?

I personally think any cat character would be introduced as either a minor character or the companion of a dog that wanted to join Ohu or an Ohu ally. I think the cat would need to stick close to a trustworthy dog (because Ohu is mostly made up of hunting dogs) but could eventually earn the respect of the pack if circumstances worked out right.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Cats in Ginga

Post by Spirit Tree »

I've always thought about how cats would look as a main attraction for a Ginga arc. I have an idea in mind where the Ou army meets a good gang of stray cats in a city. And later the army offers the cat gang to live with them in Paradise. That would break a barrier of just for dogs in Paradise.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Spirit Tree wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:20 am I've always thought about how cats would look as a main attraction for a Ginga arc. I have an idea in mind where the Ou army meets a good gang of stray cats in a city. And later the army offers the cat gang to live with them in Paradise. That would break a barrier of just for dogs in Paradise.
I would love that! Maybe there's a special skill that these cats have that the Ohu army doesn't. I also like to imagine a cat snuggling with a battle hardened Ohu soldier.
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I never thought about it before! That's an interesting question.
I honestly can't see cats holding their own against a Ginga dog, you hardly even see tiny dog breeds in the series and they don't seem to be able to do much battle wise but a cat as a companion or being able to help by doing things the dogs can't would be neat. Maybe they find kittens abandoned and raise them like they've done with puppies before.

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Sandatora wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:51 pm I never thought about it before! That's an interesting question.
I honestly can't see cats holding their own against a Ginga dog, you hardly even see tiny dog breeds in the series and they don't seem to be able to do much battle wise but a cat as a companion or being able to help by doing things the dogs can't would be neat. Maybe they find kittens abandoned and raise them like they've done with puppies before.
Yes, that's what I was thinking too. Maybe as spies or filling similar roles to the ninja dog characters.
dolan
Potential
Potential

Post by dolan »

ive always wanted to see cats in ginga! also, ive never seen yoshi draw cats before. does anyone have pictures?
rigel enjoyer
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

dolan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:29 am ive always wanted to see cats in ginga! also, ive never seen yoshi draw cats before. does anyone have pictures?
There's Kevin's appearance in Hanako.

But Kevin also briefly appeared in Wagaya No Meru.

And then there's these creatures that appeared in one panel in GDWO.

dolan
Potential
Potential

Post by dolan »

Digsu wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:52 pm
dolan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 10:29 am ive always wanted to see cats in ginga! also, ive never seen yoshi draw cats before. does anyone have pictures?

oh wow, i was half-expecting them to look like dogs since thats mostly what yoshi draws. theyre really cute! really makes me wanna see a cat as a main character in ginga
rigel enjoyer
Suetic
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Suetic »

Takahashi did very nice-looking cats before (scroll down to see the photos). Those wallpaper artworks were commissioned by the local animal shelter and they look absolutely astonishing.

InstagramToyhou.seTumblrTwitter

⚡Avatar by Pikafuey.⚡
Jia

Post by Jia »

dolan wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 1:14 pm
Digsu wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 12:52 pm

oh wow, i was half-expecting them to look like dogs since thats mostly what yoshi draws. theyre really cute! really makes me wanna see a cat as a main character in ginga
AGREED might not work out, but the style is just oh so cute, that it makes me want a cat character in Ginga
:barry: <-- What a funny looking creature
ThisGuru

Post by ThisGuru »

They would propably be a nice companion, though I'm not sure how a cat would work out during these fights between superdogs 😅

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”