Why is Toei copyright-striking GNG on Youtube?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Why is Toei copyright-striking GNG on Youtube?

Post by TenderVulture »

I don't understand. Why would they copyright-strike videos of an anime that hasn't been widely popular in several decades? IIRC, GNG also isn't on any official streaming services either. Isn't having videos on Youtube the best way to bring in new fans? Maybe it's a bot thing WRT the copyright strikes.
JazzyJazz
Upholder
Upholder

Re: Why is Toei copyright-striking GNG on Youtube?

Post by JazzyJazz »

They've been really stingy about the anime they own lately, it's not just GNG, but stuff like Dragon Ball as well. It really sucks, but there's not much anyone can do about it. One would think this could help new fans get started, but apparently not.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

JazzyJazz wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:32 pm They've been really stingy about the anime they own lately, it's not just GNG, but stuff like Dragon Ball as well. It really sucks, but there's not much anyone can do about it. One would think this could help new fans get started, but apparently not.
All we did was archive their series!!1! :jeromeder:
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

TenderVulture wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:11 pm I don't understand. Why would they copyright-strike videos of an anime that hasn't been widely popular in several decades? IIRC, GNG also isn't on any official streaming services either. Isn't having videos on Youtube the best way to bring in new fans? Maybe it's a bot thing WRT the copyright strikes.
GNG is actually streaming on Netflix in Japan and I believe can be streamed via Amazon Japan as well. Not to mention it recently had a blu-ray DVD release!
I'm sorry it's frustrating but it's their property, and GNG is still popular enough to warrant them protecting it just like any of their anime.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Arano wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 11:31 am
TenderVulture wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:11 pm I don't understand. Why would they copyright-strike videos of an anime that hasn't been widely popular in several decades? IIRC, GNG also isn't on any official streaming services either. Isn't having videos on Youtube the best way to bring in new fans? Maybe it's a bot thing WRT the copyright strikes.
GNG is actually streaming on Netflix in Japan and I believe can be streamed via Amazon Japan as well. Not to mention it recently had a blu-ray DVD release!
I'm sorry it's frustrating but it's their property, and GNG is still popular enough to warrant them protecting it just like any of their anime.
Whoa, that’s unexpected! I had no idea it was so popular. Score for the folks in Japan who get to watch it on Netflix, I’m so jelly. Toei’s actions are more understandable now.
Gingaddict
Friend
Friend

Post by Gingaddict »

That's why I often hate copyright strikes because fandom helps more people know about their product who may have not known about it before and helps get access to the items associated with it where they cannot get it offline. If I had a product someone was using, I would check first that they said it was from me because my goal would be for it to get out to as much people as possible. Isn't that the creator's dream? Getting a wide audience?
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”