Ginga Alternate Universes

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Ginga Alternate Universes

Post by JazzyJazz »

SPOILER
Skirio

Post by Skirio »

Kinda paranormal AU, that takes place some time after GDN and retrospects what happened after Joe's "death" (from someone who watcged only anime)

Joe never died, He faked his death, to get away from Ohu and create his own pack. Saving Orion was only a pretext. Koushirou somehow sensed, that his father was alive somewhere (6th sense?). Soon after Weed banished his own son, Koushirou left to search for his own parent. He always saw Weed as a rolemodel, and now his faith was shattered. Joe and his new, small pack were very warm and welcoming towards the pup. Joe\s parenting was a total contradiction from Weed's. He hugged his son after first seeing him and made sure he feels good with his pack. In fact, Koushirou made some great friends there.

Some time later, after Sirius gets brought bach to life, some weirt energy starts to spread causing dogs, to speak and understand human language... and basically communicate with any other creeture. The energy also brings some un unholy monsters, spirits and deamons to the earth. At first, It's onlt near the place of Ohu army residing, but soon spreads all over the mountain range, and nearby settlements. What's worse, it does't stop there.

After events from GDN, when Gin finally dies in peace, he starts to notice all bad things that happened to Ohu, He cres, blaming himself, that it's because of him, that Weed became such a bad person. That the dog Paradise, they wanted to creare, stopped being the paradise long ago. Before death, he begs his family for forgiveness.

Weed is devastated after Gin's death and isolates from everyone, even from Koyuki. It lasts for days, giving him time for some self-reflecrion. He notices a horrible monster inside his soul, and decides to end his life, thinking it\d be the best for everyone. He jumps from a scarp where they killed P4. imagining his past self. The onnocent, rightful puppy crying over his home. When he jumps into the river, he sees ghosts of Gin and GB, telling him to protect his old deams, and that it's not to late for change. |They make the riger take uncouncious Weed to the shore.

Meanwhile Koushiro and Joe's pack do everything to help dogs, himans, and other creatures in need cope with more and more deadly paranormal events. Joe Koushirou remembers about Ohu being a "paradise" and suggests creating a safe base there. He also says, he doesn't care about Weed anymore. His uncle may be a really bad person now, but his old dreams are still there, in Koushirou and everyone who wants a peaceful life.

When they finally reach Ohu, where Koyuki tries to make things right with the help of her children, who finally truly speak like one, they start thinking of a plan. Goals are: Create a safe and comfortable shelter for everyone who needs it, and find the reason behind the recent events. It's soon stated, that it has something to do with Sirius, but he himself doesn't remember how it happened. He died, and a second later was just... there. The final decision is: investigate all their family members and learn what could possibly cause the chaos. While talking to their cousins living in Gin's birthplace, they learn about Etsuro, Riki's brother who was taken bt people from a house near mountain shrine. That's where the investigation starts.

Ok... it turned out longer than iplanned. Sorry for this wall of text, I hope it makes sense
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

An AU where Noah is a random old dog instead of Hyena reborn, and the story scenario of GDN is differently better.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

AU where Yamato is recruited by the Ohu Army during GNG and he bonds with Gin. I just like the idea of Gin and Yamato being friends.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

AU where Weed dies of sickness instead of Sakura, and Sakura is the protagonist of GDW. It would be a much more melancholy series, focusing a lot on grief and how society treats women, but it might be a breath of fresh air to have a middle aged lady protag instead of a young male puppy. Maybe Sakura is the one who rescues her husband and takes down Hougen. :sakura:

She could be a good mother figure to Mel and Teru, having lost her son recently, and her interactions with Kyoushiro would be...interesting.
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

TenderVulture wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:50 pm AU where Yamato is recruited by the Ohu Army during GNG and he bonds with Gin. I just like the idea of Gin and Yamato being friends.
Oh, I love this AU.

I'll add to this when I can think of/remember more AUs.

GDW AUs
- GB lives.
- After his nephews die, Kurotora joins Hougen to get revenge on the Ohu army.

GTLW AUs
- Sirius joins in with Monsoon and basically becomes Bob 2.0.

GDN AUs
- Chutora is Noah. Probably doesn't make sense. Though imo, it makes sense because he kinda just disappeared and we don't really know what happened to him or if/how he died.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
Cocoalings

Post by Cocoalings »

I have a new AU on wobbly legs for GNG: the whole family become vigilante hunting dogs, rather than Fuji (who USED to be a hunting dog before she got pregnant) and Gin's siblings being deemed useless and promptly forgotten.

Fuji has the pups, but Riki and Gohei are rescued from the crevasse they were stranded in. Riki is patched up and allowed to rest in the area where Fuji gave birth, and therefore meets the whole litter. Gin is a strong tora-ge as we know, Hiya-n is knowledgeable and uses it to his advantage, and Giyan is quick on his paws and has a fiery fierceness. As the pups grow up and their training continues, eventually Riki and Fuji realize that their pups are going to be sold away before they can go on their first real hunt.

During the night, the family slips away. Riki has warned them of Akakabuto, but they are now their own pack of fearless, crafty hunting dogs. Riki had never met any of his other children than the late Aka, and he doesn't want to fail the younger children. Fuji loved hunting, and she loves her puppies, and she wants to pass on her own knowledge to make them stronger and moral dogs. Gin, Hiya-n, and Giyan are proud to have their attributes and honor their training, and are determined to take down Akakabuto as a family.

They'll meet the Ohu pack of course, I just think it's wasted potential to toss away a mother and two siblings like that. I kinda wanna find a proper name and draw a cover for this :'D
idk what i'm doing

My favorites:
:yukimura: :uzuki: :koushirou: :hiyan: :giyan: :mangariki: :gin: :smith: :kagetora: :ken: :gb: :george: :benizakura: :bella: :akatora: :chutora: :kurotora: :moss: :kaibutsu: :joe: :hazuki: :great: :fuji: :aka: :mel: :yamato: :ryo: :rigel: :lonelyron: :jumbo:
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

JazzyJazz wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:18 pm
SPOILER
I shed tears while reading this! Such a beautiful ending :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1: /s :tfw_orion1:

More AUs!!

- Gin is a female!
- Hiyan and Giyan (Gin's siblings) are actually useful and leave with Gin when he came to say goodbye to Fuji and Daisuke.
- When Smith brings Gohei to the battle, Fuji actually joins too.
- Jerome's group that fought P4 actually survives
- Gin dies in The Last Wars
- Lydia lives

A dark AU(???):

During the final battle in The Last Wars, Monsoon takes Sirius into the ocean and kills him then, as in canon iirc, gets killed by Orion shortly after.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Ginga/Insidious AU (A horror AU) (I posted about this crossover idea in another topic so I thought it would be interesting here to, but with a story)
-------------------------------
Kyoushiro had the ability to astral project (Being able to leave the body while asleep) due to it being passed down from his parents.

At some point around the events of GDW, he astral projects but he accidentally ends up getting lost and so his body gets weaker and weaker until a spirit is able to take over his body.
At some point, A spirit does take over his body so the real Kyoushiro is lost in The Further for a long time.
(Basically explains why Kyoushiro acts different in GDWO, TLW, and GDN)

Uhh yea this might be confusing for some who has not watched the movie uhh.. Sorry- :bon1:
(I might make art of this at some point cause I wanna dive deep into this AU more)
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”