gdw funny moments

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Re: gdw funny moments

Post by Kaiken »

There are lots of funny moments. For now I really enjoyed the one where Tesshin throws an enemy dog on Sirius and Orion to stop the brothers from fighting.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Weed's face when Koyuki tricks him in to saying that he loves her. :nosebleed:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

One of my personal favorite jokes in all of Ginga is in GDW volume 7, right before Rocket and his brothers are introduced, when Hougen gets annoyed at his underlings constantly crying "Boss!" and he snaps "Boss, boss, boss! What do you think I am, a coffee machine?!"

It's just a simple and innocent pun and I love it.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:48 pm One of my personal favorite jokes in all of Ginga is in GDW volume 7, right before Rocket and his brothers are introduced, when Hougen gets annoyed at his underlings constantly crying "Boss!" and he snaps "Boss, boss, boss! What do you think I am, a coffee machine?!"

Amazing! That wasn't translated, right? Because in the version I have he just says ''How annoying, you can't just call me whenever you wish!''.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 2:48 pm
Digsu wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:48 pm One of my personal favorite jokes in all of Ginga is in GDW volume 7, right before Rocket and his brothers are introduced, when Hougen gets annoyed at his underlings constantly crying "Boss!" and he snaps "Boss, boss, boss! What do you think I am, a coffee machine?!"

Amazing! That wasn't translated, right? Because in the version I have he just says ''How annoying, you can't just call me whenever you wish!''.
I don't know about fan translations, but in the Finnish version it's translated literally, with a footnote explaining that Boss is a Japanese brand of canned coffee.

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Here is one of the funny moments of GDW manga:
Kyoushiro teases Weed about falling in love with Koyuki and farts at Sasuke’s face. Then GB punches them both. -Volume 36

Pretty controversial, but it’s still pretty funny even if it’s a little gross.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Another funny moment, which I saw the English translation of. It's in the Hybrid Bear arc.

It's in the part where Lydia, Koyuki and Kotestu are waiting on a human road. Kotetsu calls Lydia "auntie," which, iirc, is a phrase for older dogs. Lydia gets offended because Kotetsu basically calls her "old." Lydia asks him to call her "miss" instead. But Kotetsu says "auntie" again, making Lydia fall over in a comical way. I think that was a little funny.

Oh, and speaking of Lydia, another funny moment involving her near the end of GDW Vol. 60. I thought it was "What the hell?" at first, but it turns out to be pretty funny. It's the part where Lydia spreads her legs after giving birth to her pups with Jerome, and Sasuke jokingly calls her out for that.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

GDW manga:
One of Genba's dog get's so surprised that their eyes are popping out of their skull
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”