Who would win in a fight: John VS Jerome

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Who would win in a fight: John VS Jerome

Post by Dragon »

I know there's been a post about which GSD people prefer, but this is only focusing on if the two were to face each other in a fight! c:
(inspired by Knight)

You can mention whether it's young or old John.

I cannot decide who would win because I love them both and think they're both tough guys with their pros and cons. :tfw_bella1:

ImageImage
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Who would win in a fight: John VS Jerome

Post by Phantom Riki »

My guess is Jerome.In GNG,John was kind of a jerk.I know he was a good fighter and hunted down several huge wild beasts with Hidetoshi but he technically never won a 1on 1 fight in anime.He fought Riki and lost by a single strike,he killed more small fries rather than main villains in anime.We didn't get to see his fight with Ben(who knows what could have happened!).Also John challenged Gaia by himself and lost quickly.
On the other hand,Jerome was a natural assassin.He proved him stronger than other characters on many occasions like defeating Rocket and his brothers alone,killing Lecter and Thunder easily,against Kamakiri and even Hougen! I bet he was stronger than Tesshin,Hiro,Weed and other oh u soldiers.He was inferior only to Gin,Akame,Moss and Musashi I think.He could have won against Hougen too.Also not to forget he was already 10 years old when he first appeared in GDW.
So old John or young John,doesn't matter...Jerome would come out on top.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

I would want to say John, but I guess it's still Jerome. He's a professional killer and John can be quite of a jerk in a fight :D
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Some things to consider:
-Both GSDs lost to Hougen when faced against him. (Jerome getting pushed off easily while John was ambushed the first time and extremely injured the second time)
-Both GSDs were able to keep up fighting against a lot of pawns while extremely injured.
-Both GSDs have scenes of being attacked by pawns while healthy, but Jerome always seem to get pinned down relatively fast (vs sniper's lackies, vs hougen's lackies, and a little unfairly but the russian underlings, compared to John VS the kogas, vs hougens lackies in the beginning and then when injured). Maybe it was just poorly paced by the anime or something, but Jerome's exhaustion seems to always happen sooner o_O
-Tesshin's fangs were trained to be like John's and Jerome lost to him, but Jerome was also exhausted at the time.
-Riki and Gaia are the strongest dog/wolf in the series, so John's loss to them feels inevitable. Not even Gin and his strongest soldiers were able to take down Gaia (an earthquake had to kill him).

I just don't want John to be fully counted out xD It wouldn't surprise me if John lost to Jerome because of how Yoshi writes John compared to Jerome, but if I think of the fight outside of Yoshi's writing, I think they're very equal and might be at a stand-still. Jerome will have to be beaten up/at a disadvantage first, because that just always seem to happen to him lol (vs rocket, vs ron, vs tesshin, vs the russian dogs, vs yukimura). Yoshi really loves to abuse poor Jerome.

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

If it's young John, Jerome would probably win. While already a skilled fighter, John would simply have lacked the experience Jerome had and the fight would probably have ended much like Ron's attempt to challenge Jerome did.

But if it's old John, it would probably be a much more even fight. Jerome was trained to be a professional killer and is generally less hot-headed than John, but by GDW John was one of Ohu's most legendary warriors, so honestly my money would be on him. Jerome doesn't have the best track record when it comes to fighting opponents at or above his own skill level (like Tesshin and Yukimura) so there's that, too.

Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Is it fair enough to say that I only used anime for reference....
Last edited by Phantom Riki on Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I think this is tough. John has experience fighting all sorts of animals because he was trained in hunting big game- although we was usually accompanied by a gunman. Jerome was a trained guard dog and assassin, but we don't know as much about his past experience before GDW.

If both are in their prime, I feel Jerome MIGHT have a slight upper hand, just because he was trained in fighting other dogs (and without the assistance of a gun)
Zeroooo

Post by Zeroooo »

I say John
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

This is a tough one... I think John had more stamina and speed than Jerome, and could outdo him in a fight against time, but Jerome was trained and has more skills up his sleeve. It would depend on the situation I think, since jerome could go for a quick take down, but if John dodges and stalls enough to tire him out, it's an easy win for him young or old. If he can stand up against Hougen while on the verge of dying... and Jerome is always whining about wanting to die.. idk man it seems like an easy win for Johnny boy
GangstaGuru
Mentor
Mentor

Post by GangstaGuru »

I feel John got better as he got older. Playing the broken record here, John had a lot of help from Hidetoshi during GNG and a lot of the opponents he faced one-on-one weren't that special. The only real opponent he had back then was Riki, and we all know how that went down.

In GDW though, I felt he not only matured as a fighter but also in his attitude. He still had his brash moments, but you could tell the difference. He put in all of what he had too against Hougen too, even if he was already still wounded from the days of torture prior.

Jerome on the other hand is a trained assassin, and he's had a lot more formidable opponents in one-on-one situations. I'd feel his cooler temperament too would allow him to process what fighting tactics he'd need to pull off on the spot, whereas John would be the guy that throws more of the wild punches.

So both at their very best, I'd say Jerome wins the fight
FurAffinity
DeviantArt
Twitter

If you want to change the world, start off my making your bed

:akame: :EXCITE:
BuddyDog15

Post by BuddyDog15 »

I think Jerome too, but I'd bet he'd come out of the fight badly injured at the least. Jerome's main purpose in life was to guard and kill. He would be very strategic and would already know that John can be brash and prideful, which would given him an advantage.
TigerSoda

Post by TigerSoda »

I’m confident Jerome would win, but definitely not without some wounds to show for it.
ken - w.i.p
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Jerome. He's a professional.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

If John was his young self from GNG, he would most likely win. But with him at old age, Jerome might get the best of him.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

This is a tough question! I think they would be pretty equally matched, but going with Jerome because I dislike him slightly less lol

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Aksi00

Post by Aksi00 »

I think John
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

John since he has more experience but also Jerome because he's an assassin
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
Flickan09

Post by Flickan09 »

John
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Jerome.
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

John has more experience but Jerome is younger. I guess John would simply because of his experience, it'd be close though.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”