Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Platina
Defender
Defender

Re: Ginga Densetsu Noah, SPOILER THREAD

Post by Platina »

As expected, there was no acknowledgement of Hyena being killed by Sniper as revealed in Ginga Densetsu Weed and how he was alive in GDN, unless you count his body being reconstructed or something and he was actually dead all along *like I suspected* like Sirius...or whatever. Don't know if this is a spoiler, but just in case... I know I'm like a broken record with this whole Noah/Hyena thing, but it just baffles the crud out of me that Yoshi forgot something like that had happened, yet remembers most other character deaths in the series. :jeromeder:

Hopefully the next series isn't as complicated, but I don't know. I'm still very excited for it! :DD
Platina wolf by me.
Nara
Potential
Potential

Post by Nara »

Some things that bother me:

What was the point of ever introducing Shion to the main Ginga series? I thought him being related to the bearhound lineage would have been a big reveal, but as far as I know, he still hasn't mentioned it to Orion, Weed, Gin, or any other bearhound? I think he mentioned it in passing to Gennai, but that's it?

Chibi has no proper role in the series, and his relation to Akakabuto has been pushed aside. Again, why mention it at all if it doesn't lead to anything?

Munechika seemed like an interesting character, but he faded to the background quickly. Wasted potential.

I thought Crow's size was caused by whatever (selective breeding? genetic experiments?) was behind the Tibetan bros' size. It just seemed like too much of a coincidence to have these four massive dogs appear simultaneously and them being allies as well. I was waiting for some explanation for them but nope.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Nara wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:27 pm Some things that bother me:

What was the point of ever introducing Shion to the main Ginga series? I thought him being related to the bearhound lineage would have been a big reveal, but as far as I know, he still hasn't mentioned it to Orion, Weed, Gin, or any other bearhound? I think he mentioned it in passing to Gennai, but that's it?

Chibi has no proper role in the series, and his relation to Akakabuto has been pushed aside. Again, why mention it at all if it doesn't lead to anything?

Munechika seemed like an interesting character, but he faded to the background quickly. Wasted potential.

I thought Crow's size was caused by whatever (selective breeding? genetic experiments?) was behind the Tibetan bros' size. It just seemed like too much of a coincidence to have these four massive dogs appear simultaneously and them being allies as well. I was waiting for some explanation for them but nope.
imho all of these can probably be explained by the same thing: Yoshi just wanted to put in something "cool" and didn't really think of it any further than that. Chibi's relation to Akakabuto in particular just reeks of something put in for cheap shock value, but there was no plan beyond "OMG he's got red fur, he's related to Akakabuto!".

Pretty sure Crow and the Aka'ari bros never were allies though, Crow's pack of ruffians was a whole separate thing from the Aka'ari army (unless I'm forgetting something...). If anything, he hated the Aka'ari bros for them (apparently) driving him from his home in the past. His size never being explained is a bit of a plot hole, though. Out of universe I assume it also falls into the "just put in whatever for shock value" thing: "Here's a new villain! He's HUGE! Doesn't matter how or why, the important thing is that the reader is surprised! Doesn't need to be deeper than that, right?"

Vicutooru
Potential
Potential

Post by Vicutooru »

I am just sad that Tonov was forgotten and Jerome and Maru/Sunny didnt even remember him and were not told that he died. Love for Tonov.
:EMPTY:
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

It would have been a better ending where Orion goes to tell Koyuki and Bella everything that has happened since they left from Ohu as they don't even know Sirius died and then they would have went back together
Zazpikaleak

Post by Zazpikaleak »

This series was a complete mess. It's hard to believe that after Weed's and even Orion's well-made plots Takahashi ended up to make something like this. And now he is continuing with Ginga? Like with Last Wars I just wonder why there had to be a rush ending if the series will be continued. I first thought that he wants/they let him quit but no so why the ending can't be done properly? If the series didn't work at all, a good ending could have saved a lot. Now it just made absolutely no sense and all possible questions one can have were left unanswered. Takahashi does obviously have zero motivation so the situation is very frustrating. All I want is that this series would end in a way it deserves but after GDN I lost my hope completely. :tfw_sirius2:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

What We Wanted
1) Orion going on a journey with Noah to find growth for his character development and harnessing both his light and dark sides

2) Seeing Bella, Koyuki, and Kotetsu again

3) Seeing additional interesting characters like a Rottweiler and a chihuahua

4) Orion meeting his love interest: A brown and white female Akita Inu

5) Orion and the Ou army saving the country from the villains' terrorism like normally in Ginga

6) Seeing Jyoushiro killed off

What We Got Instead
ALIEN ASS WORMS and sh**ty Sci-Fi contents

:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Spirit Tree wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:33 pm What We Wanted
1) Orion going on a journey with Noah to find growth for his character development and harnessing both his light and dark sides

5) Orion and the Ou army saving the country from the villains' terrorism like normally in Ginga

What We Got Instead

Brilliant sum-up, I want to make my own soon but I think I need to organise some of the wording and I got a few things on at the moment. I love that Twilight Zone reference!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Gingaddict wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 1:24 am
Spirit Tree wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:33 pm What We Wanted

What We Got Instead

Brilliant sum-up, I want to make my own soon but I think I need to organise some of the wording and I got a few things on at the moment. I love that Twilight Zone reference!
Thanks! Quite frankly to me, with how this alien bullshit began in GDN, and then how it all ended, this is all technically an entire fucking episode of The Twilight Zone. I can even hear the voice of the narrator inside my mind:

In the utter confusion of intergalactic chaos, the woman sits on the beach with Noah's body on the shore. And the entity that had used Sirius's form returned Sirius's deceased body back to its beach grave. The Kamakiri Bros are befuddled about the strange event of seeing Sirius's corpse returning to its grave after witnessing his sudden return to life. Orion and every other Ou soldier stood around in discombobulation about all the events that led to the infested Aka-ari brothers' demise with the ass worms in the Sea of Japan. It was all a dimension that no one had ever seen before. The woman on the beach had no recollection of what had happened, as she looked down on Noah's dead body while the sea became unusually calm and relaxed in this twisted dimension of The Twilight Zone.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

The thing that upsets me the most about GDN in general is the fact it started out pretty standard for a Ginga series, but ended up being incredibly stupid by the end. Trying to explain this plot to a new fan might as well be replaced with a "you're better off skipping it." I feel disappointed it ended up being this way. I know Ginga's been in a weird case of lost identity for a while, but I never thought it could be this way after GDWO. I sincerely hope the next series does not stray this far from its roots again.
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Beastface
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Beastface »

Well that was a mess and a half. Even though I’ve recently only kept up with GDN out of morbid curiosity, I’m glad it’s over and I don’t have to put up with the Aka’ari brothers anymore. To me, they’re easily the most boring and off-putting villains in Ginga, I don’t feel like they - or the worms - contributed to any interesting drama, plot twists or even a sense of threat. Just chapter upon chapter of dull, narratively useless violence and gross-out moments. Bleh. :EMPTY:

Even so, GDN wasn’t completely without its moments, like the thing with Bob, Chibi and Crow. I kinda hope the next series would be a collection of shorts like the shin gaidens, since it doesn’t look like Takahashi can hold a longer plot together anymore but might still be able to pull off nice short adventures with varied cast. It’s probably a fool’s hope, tho, since it looks like non-stop action is the main event of the series now.
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Can we just get more First Wars? This way he'll rest AND we'd be getting actually satisfying content.
icon by azzai
Atiesh

Post by Atiesh »

Atha wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:25 pm Can we just get more First Wars? This way he'll rest AND we'd be getting actually satisfying content.
Agree, it would be so good.

I read GDN from the very beginnings, there was so high expectations about this series after unsatysfied TLW ending. But already at the middle of plot it started to feel exhausted to read. Nothing but a waste of time. What with all unfinished story lines? Such as Munechika to be returned to his family? Or Orion visiting Koyuki and Bella? Yes, this is all "afterwars" events that is usually ignored but ironicaly we didn't get any "war" in the first place. So disappointing.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Atha wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 8:25 pm Can we just get more First Wars? This way he'll rest AND we'd be getting actually satisfying content.
Yeah would like if we would get more of that. First Wars was funny
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Also I just realised, remember how Sasuke was one of the main characters at the first 1/3rd of Noah and now he hasn't appeared for like, months?
icon by azzai
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Right, I will try to not rant because I seriously think this is one of the worst manga series I've read, and I haven't even read much manga!

I will admit, my hopes were not high for this series, I didn't like the way Last Wars ended and I didn't like the time skip to six months later. I mean, why didn't the other soldiers try and find those who fled the area when they were fighting? Or as Shin Gaiden once brought up, why didn't a squad go out to inform the relatives of the fallen that some of their relatives were dead?

Alot like the first Ginga Orion series, the ideas seemed like there could be potential for a new plotline or explore new territory for the series, but it got completely lost in its need to shove fights and nostalgia in your face. I really don't like this series clinging on to its past where they rely on using the oldies for everything and even when we are focusing on the youngsters, they're mainly getting killed or not getting much development, fighting does not equal good character! Also this series really needs to sort out where all its characters are and show us if they are alive or we just keep thinking about where they are, rather than thinking about the story in front of us! (Koyuki and Bella being the biggest example).

I was quite happy to see Hyena return but he was so far removed from the dog we had known, it felt you could replace him with any dog and the result would be the same! Also why bring back Sirius if he and Orion were not going to clear the bad beef they had with each other? And don't get me started on those villains, the moment they were introduced, I was very disappointed, the series has never had a more vengeful dog threat than Hougen, all the others since have been the same and copying him and his motivations! He really shows the flaws of this series and its repetitiveness! Speaking of repetitiveness, this series was by far the worst for it! Fight after fight, worm after worm, slice after slice and STILL NOTHING! It kept going on and on, I was just hoping it was leading somewhere but in the end... ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! Why keep the characters doing the same thing of slicing into these villains if it's doing nothing to stop them? It made them all look stupid and it raised some questions of should we even be scared for the characters if alien worms are going to resurrect them? It really let down the emotional weight of certain scenes (Crow's death being the biggest one).

But I think the biggest problem of this series is indeed the emotional weight - it feels empty now, hardly any of the characters are seen getting emotional for those they lost and left behind. Weed still looks like an empty shell of his former self and Kyoshiro just smacks a puppy when its getting upset! Hyena is not seen getting upset about learning about his past, there's no informing to Jerome about what happened to Tovov and the whole reason Orion took off to find his mother and sister is completely forgotten about! Say what you want about Last Wars but it led to something, the thing it had been building to the whole series even if it was disappointing but here? Whatever it was building was empty! EMOTIONALLY EMPTY!

It make matters worse, I actually don't think I would have minded seeing them all alien invasion on dogs because at least it would have been different than just repeating the same rubbish but this was not the way to do it! SUPPER BUDDIES DID A BETTER JOB THAN THIS!

As for them building up a new series - NO! I'M NOT READING IT! BRING BACK KOYUKI AND BELLA AND STOP SCREWING WITH MY FAVOURITE CHARACTERS!

Yes, I said it - the Air Buddies movies are looking like Masterpieces compared to this crap series!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Atha wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 11:31 am Also I just realised, remember how Sasuke was one of the main characters at the first 1/3rd of Noah and now he hasn't appeared for like, months?
Justice for Sasuke :tfw_orion1:
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

I swear Takahashi needs to kill off 70% of his Ginga characters so he can create better stories. It's hard to be invested in anything when character focus just disappears onto another one and the personalities - if they are even given time to show one - are pretty interchangeable.

I'm looking forward to the new story in September to see just what exactly this great destiny Orion must have. It can't possibly be more whackadoo than this story. But really I'm so terribly bored of him being the main character for so long :bella3:
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I am not ever going to touch whatever fever dream that ending was.

At this point, for the new series, I will literally take (almost) anything that isn't some ridiculous alien sci-fi
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Arano wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:58 pm I swear Takahashi needs to kill off 70% of his Ginga characters so he can create better stories. It's hard to be invested in anything when character focus just disappears onto another one and the personalities - if they are even given time to show one - are pretty interchangeable.

I'm looking forward to the new story in September to see just what exactly this great destiny Orion must have. It can't possibly be more whackadoo than this story. But really I'm so terribly bored of him being the main character for so long :bella3:
My hopes:

Most dies, besides Gin and Orion and Bella. Bella will be like Seiran in SSY among wild dogs as she protects her mother all the time and doesn't take shit from males.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”