Wanwan or Wangwang

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Wanwan or Wangwang

Post by Spirit Tree »

Arano wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:25 pm
fantachan wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:14 pm I'd strongly recommend keeping it Wanwan for now. That's how the furigana in the manga spelt it, plus the "Wangwang" name is just a theory I've had that hasn't been confirmed by Yoshi yet.
Furigana is law :tfw_sirius3:

I'm impressed no-one has rolled out the many fun english alternatives to Wangwang though. You're all very mature.
I however am not and would welcome Lord Dickdick / Dongdong / Penispenis 😂
I actually thought a bit of that. However I was afraid to mention that because I presumed that it’s inappropriate on Ginga Board.

But wow! Now you made me laugh! I wouldn’t mind either if Wanwan was called DickDick as well! XD

Also you just reminded me of a segment from The Ellen Degeneres Show where Ellen had Jennifer Lopez in Burning Questions. The question was “Which body part on Alex Rodriguez do you like?” J-Lo answered, “Chest.” And then Ellen answered, “I like his penis.” I watched that and was like “Wow!” with laughter!
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Akame
Legend
Legend

Post by Akame »

I honestly like both, but since WanWan is the name we've all been using for so long, we may as well keep it for the sake of simplicity. What would his name mean if it was WangWang though? Like, what does Wang mean? (looks off into the far distance pondering the meaning of wang)
avatar drawn by my friend YerLakar on twitter
sorry for my infrequent visits! am working on it
Cubes

Post by Cubes »

:tfw_sirius5: I don't know the proper spelling but I would keep to Wanwan because WangWang just.. I don't know why but just makes me think of something inappropriate
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

And it's now officially Wangwang with Finnish translation. ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

Spirit Tree wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:38 pm I prefer Wanwan. To me, that one sounds better than Wangwang.

But if Wanwan were to be called Wangwang, I’d laugh at his name. Sorry, but Wangwang just sounds really silly to me. :yama1:

Oh crap. I sure hope Tora or anyone else doesn’t get me for this. :FLY:
I completely agree! If I were a character in GDN and I heard about a demon named "Wangwang" you would see me rolling. In my eyes Wanwan sounds more intimidating than Wangwang.
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Wanwan perhaps. :derpgin: :derpgin:
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”