Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by Bonisfab »

:weed: Weed has PTSD which causes him to act differently in TLW.
:bella: Bella is actually strong and skilled and everyone is just underestimating her.
:kyoushiro: Kyoshiro considers Weed his brother.
:jerome: Jerome has depression and is unable to take care of his sons because of that.
:chutora: Chutora got killed by Kaibutsu. His sons were sent to safety after that.
:koyuki: Koyuki visits Sakura's grave regularly. Weed and Koyuki used to visit her often before GDWO.
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I feel like I've said this already, but since Ohu gave Hougen's brother brain damage, causing him to have to give him a mercy kill, Hougen used Kyoshiro as the chance to return the favor, giving him brain damage as well, and that's why Kyoshiro acts the way he does in present day.

ImageImage
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Spoiler warning for The Last Wars!

In GDW Russian war dog arc, when the invaders chase the females and pups of Hakuro's pack of a cliff, one nameless female (only one of her sons is named so they keep calling her "Naoki's mother") curses the Russian war dogs and their future descendant.
My headcanon is that this is why Lydia and her pups face such a sad end. The nameless female's and Lydia's pup die in a very similar way. The pups rush towards an enemy unit that instantly turns them into minced meat.
Image Image
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Tenka's psychic powers come from having some of Gao's pack in his lineage and/or having some similar dragon magic battouga bloodline craziness. :KRUMP:
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

bill and sniper are brothers. :sniper: :bill:
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Rewatching the series so lets see what stuff I can come up with...

- Wilson doesn't actually like kids that much. Yeah he loved his own, but he prefers the toddler/young child stage.
You can love your own kids, but dislike other peoples. In GDW he doesn't like Weed either. He thinks he's just telling lies to be popular. "If Weed really is Gin's son, he'd be very disappointed" kind of thing.
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I headcanon that Koushiro is still alive somewhere after the natural disaster in GDWO. He was found by a human and either became just a regular pet dog or a police dog in a big town or city with little memory of what happened at the beginning of GDWO
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

So, after the battle with Akakabuto, they left Rikis body on Gahjou right? Which was then blown up in GDW? I need a refresher on the manga lol

- Anyway, what if Rikis body was left on Gahjou as a kind of "seal," to keep Akakabutos evil spirit locked away? Then, when Gahjou is blown up by the Humans in GDW, Akakabuto and the spirits of those that died in the battle are "released." Which is why some of the spirits appear to help Weed in his fight with Hougen. Akakabutos spirit/evil went onto possess a decendant of his, who would go onto become Monsoon.
Kind of mixing manga and anime events, but this is cool, I'm running with this headcanon now. Maybe this is more of an AU...

- The Iga Clan would of lost the fight to Koga if Ben & Co didn't show up. The only members of Iga left were Akame and his 6 pups. (Kirikaze, Jinnai, Hayato, his older brother and 2 unnamed others.)

- Koyuki has husky heritage, which is where Rigel gets his black/dark fur from
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Tenrou24 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:01 pm So, after the battle with Akakabuto, they left Rikis body on Gahjou right? Which was then blown up in GDW? I need a refresher on the manga lol

- Anyway, what if Rikis body was left on Gahjou as a kind of "seal," to keep Akakabutos evil spirit locked away? Then, when Gahjou is blown up by the Humans in GDW, Akakabuto and the spirits of those that died in the battle are "released." Which is why some of the spirits appear to help Weed in his fight with Hougen. Akakabutos spirit/evil went onto possess a decendant of his, who would go onto become Monsoon.
Kind of mixing manga and anime events, but this is cool, I'm running with this headcanon now. Maybe this is more of an AU...
I absolutely love this. This is canon to me now. :akakabuto:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Spirit Tree wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 8:53 pm I headcanon that Koushiro is still alive somewhere after the natural disaster in GDWO. He was found by a human and either became just a regular pet dog or a police dog in a big town or city with little memory of what happened at the beginning of GDWO
I'd like this one to be true.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

I have a very, very dark headcanon for why there are so few females in Kyoushiro’s pack. Due to sex-selective infanticide by their parents, on top of the high infant mortality of a wild dog’s life, a good chunk of female pups die before Kyoushiro can get to them.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Mel’s gay awakening and his first crush were the sons of Chutora. Shame everyone except Shigure died.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Harutora is silver brindle with a very weird white spotting pattern that covers up 1/2 of his mask on the side of his face.

Fuji is also brindle. Brindle is dominant, so Gin’s brindle has to come from her side of the family.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Because Orion expressed concern for Mole and his Dachshund gang and then for Buna and Kogomi, I headcanon that Orion has a soft spot for little dogs.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
dolan
Potential
Potential

Post by dolan »

wahoo gender/sexuality headcanons [yes i know real dogs dont have a concept of sexuality or gender but this is ginga]

rigel is agender and bi. why? because i'm projecting myself onto him LOL
mel and smith are trans men
smith is gay but is closeted and pretends he's into SUPER HAWT CHIX!!!!11!1!
NON-BINARY BI BELLATRIX :bella4:
weed is also a trans man ["HOW DOES HE HAVE KIDS??!!?!?111!!1!1" koyuki is a trans woman that's how]
bi GB and sasuke, they're also boyfriends
ken and kagetora are gay and boyfriends but this was obvious from the start
cross.... is something. idk what yet but it's not cis. transmasc non-binary?
pink dragon is genderfluid and gay
white tiger transfem. why? i don't even remember
reika is a trans woman ["HOW'D SHE HAVE KI-" we've gone over this hiro is also trans that's why he castrates his opponents]

that's all that comes to mind right now ill edit this with more as i remember them
rigel enjoyer
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

This is a joke that I've made up before when the trailer of the movie called Cocaine Bear came out:

A headcanon where a human fed cocaine or any other drug to Akakabuto without thinking, and that's what made Akakabuto evil and savage. And another member suggested that the human would have to be Gohei. Which makes very much sense. LMAO.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I also headcanon that Moss's wife was a big ass female that was about his size. LOL
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Retsuga's mother was the Retsu warrior before him...and was also named Retsuga. Actually, given the presence of black masks, saddles, and brindle among the wolves, I strongly suspect more than a few of them are wolfdogs. Jaryuki's blood may have also acted as a mutagen, accounting for their weird color patterns and manes.
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

Head cannon where Noroi and Juga were actually good but went through some sort of trauma/manipulation to make them evil. Another one is where the wolves knew about Akakabuto before Shiro's existence but the reason why they live in the woods was because Akakabuto had chased them out. Also the reason why some wolves know that a dog could use the Zestu Ternou Battouga was because some unknown wolves were stalking over the Ohu army and reported back.
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

Every dog or wolf with a mane or hair is related and has a clan behind the scenes creating new villains or dogs with hair.
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”