Could Ginga continue in any way after GDN?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Noah.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Could Ginga continue in any way after GDN?

Post by Jinto »

I think the main story should end with GDN (could have ended in GTLW imo). But could there be anything after this? Any spin-off series or some shorter stories? Or maybe even anime's? :THOT:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Could Ginga continue in any way after GDN?

Post by Spirit Tree »

I really don’t know, honestly. I think it’s up to Yoshi if he wants to continue the series after completing GDN.

But then again, his assistants or whoever have him keep going instead of letting him rest like he deserves, anyway, so...

I think GDN should be the last. Yoshi really needs to retire peacefully like he should. But I just hope he finishes the Ginga series with a bang on GDN, unlike the abrupt and bizarre ending to TLW.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Still havent gotten to far in the manga, but after hearing what I have heard about the later stories.... it realy should just end after GDN since it didn't end earlier.

If they were to continue the main story and not let poor Yoshi rest, I think the only thing that would make it interesting is having the enemy NOT be a bear or a dog so it's not so samey. Reading the monkey arc was fun seeing how they learn to fight a creature they never encountered before :tfw_rigel1: Though then again, the writing may be too bad to even make it work....

But I like the idea of spin offs as a second option if Ginga has to keep going.
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I'm way off as I just started to collect the manga, but I'll get there eventually. Personally part of me wishes it would have a definitive end, but also another part that I can't deny is hopeful for a "what's next?" type of an open ending that implies that new and good things will come, but it'll be left to the reader's imagination.

Of course, that would also leave the future open for followups, which I'm sure is at least partly being considered, surely.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I kinda want Yoshi to retire. He has been creating manga since the 70's, he deserves rest.

Honestly I think the main story is at a bit of a stalemate, I don't think he has ideas on how to continue it. I'd rather he do side stories.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'd say that I want Yoshi to rest. He deserves it. Better if his assistants could continue with spin offs or even make anime again!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Considering that Yoshi wanted to end the series with TLW and only kept going because the publishing company forced him, I'm pretty sure that Ginga will keep going until he's allowed to retire or the series' popularity drops to the point where it's no longer profitable. Regardless of how weird it gets or what he and the fans want, as long as it makes money, it won't be allowed to end.
:tfw_sirius2:

Trout
Legend
Legend

Post by Trout »

We were talking about Ginga ending 10 years ago I remember pretty clearly. I have to agree with Digsu. Until it doesn't turn a profit, they'll keep making stories even if they get progressively weirder.
(Probably) GingaBoard's biggest Weed fan.
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fino »

Truthfully I'm surprised that Ginga has gone on for this long. The fandom seems so small... I took a long break from Ginga and when I jumped back in and realized that new manga had been realized I almost couldn't believe it. I've loved it since I was a preteen but I guess I just didn't assume there was much of an audience for it at all anymore. Though I haven't had time to catch up and actually read anything past GDW; my understanding is that things started to get a bit "messy" in the Ginga world. I think that it should end sooner than later, despite my love for Ginga. I guess I just don't want to see it get too off the rails and become something meaningless... I would still love to see a rerelease of GNG and GDW anime with better animation but that surely won't happen ever.

I always wondered how things would change if the manga and anime were released in English. If it could potentially help, hurt, or remain mostly unpopular in English speaking countries.
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I had a random thought about this today.

Picture this: The ginga series continues not as direct continuation to Noah (with the assumption Noah will be final and conclusive), but with an addition to its past. A whole saga explaining what happened between GNG and GDW, and to also explain some missing characters (probably most notably Chutora's death, as well as the wolves who survived GNG's finale).

What I'm describing would of course be nothing absolutely earth-shattering in this universe, as we know who'll survive and who'll most likely die and such from the canon, but it'd be a great way to finish off the series imo. through a sort of final "missing link" to the story.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Arctic Ranger wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 6:03 pm I had a random thought about this today.

Picture this: The ginga series continues not as direct continuation to Noah (with the assumption Noah will be final and conclusive), but with an addition to its past. A whole saga explaining what happened between GNG and GDW, and to also explain some missing characters (probably most notably Chutora's death, as well as the wolves who survived GNG's finale).

What I'm describing would of course be nothing absolutely earth-shattering in this universe, as we know who'll survive and who'll most likely die and such from the canon, but it'd be a great way to finish off the series imo. through a sort of final "missing link" to the story.
I've actually seen a fanfic like that on FanFiction.Net written by Dark Scimitar. On here, I think he's known as Eclipse Wolven. The story is called "The Chronicles of Ohu", which is basically a story of different events that happened in between GNG and GDW.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Ameshibainu

Post by Ameshibainu »

I sort of wish the series had stopped after Orion. It would have been nice to just have the dogs live in peace after all they went through. The last wars seemed unnecessary and all of the deaths seemed cruel and pointless. My problem with Noah is that Hyena is still alive when he really should be dead.
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

I want the series to at least tie up loose ends. We still don't know where Bella and Koyuki are, and Orion still needs to find them to tell them about Sirius, which is how GDN started in the first place. I think if we got just one more series, showing these characters come back and have an enemy that's actually believable (say like Victor or Hougen. Not a bear, or ninja, or alien) then the story could continue.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

People feel nostalgic when they're coming to the end of something and Takahashi wanting to tell his origin story is a bit telling imo.

The board was quite active when GDN was still going because of the craziness of it all. I don't know where the series could possibly go after that?
Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days doesn't have the same level of fan interest. I rarely see fans talking about it on Twitter, and the board has been the quietest its ever been. I personally feel like this origin story could be a way for Takahashi to gracefully end the Ginga series, if he wanted it to.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Arano wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:13 pm People feel nostalgic when they're coming to the end of something and Takahashi wanting to tell his origin story is a bit telling imo.

The board was quite active when GDN was still going because of the craziness of it all. I don't know where the series could possibly go after that?
Ginga Shounen Densetsu Dog Days doesn't have the same level of fan interest. I rarely see fans talking about it on Twitter, and the board has been the quietest its ever been. I personally feel like this origin story could be a way for Takahashi to gracefully end the Ginga series, if he wanted it to.
I've noticed that the board has been quiet since GDN concluded. I don't think I have ever seen it THIS quiet before. I've been staying in touch on Dog Days, but I understand that it may not be as interesting or exciting to some people. That's why we hardly see anyone talking about it on Twitter. If it was a story that followed GDN, I would imagine that Twitter and other platforms would be more active about it.

Knowing Yoshi and the publishing company, Yoshi might be forced to make a sequel to GDN after he finishes Dog Days. If he does write a new sequel, I can only hope that it will be the last of the franchise and end it better than how he ended GTLW and GDN. Although I still can't believe that everything that happened in GDN (Hyena coming back as Noah and all of this alien shit) has been made canon.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

I do hope there's another story after GDN one where it actually introduces the character in the beginning! :tfw_bella1:
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
sad-machine

Post by sad-machine »

Some short stories would be nice! There's so many characters who went missing, most notably Koushiro, Kotetsu, and Bella and Koyuki still haven't heard about Sirius's death!

but for a main storyline, I'd like something fresh! a Huge timeskip with new characters, maybe a few old characters who are just bystanders and provide context and history.

we've already seen dogs vs bear, dogs vs dogs, dogs vs nature, maybe something more internal. Maybe how the current leaders got corrupt and treat the lower dogs like crap- that Paradise where all dogs could live peacefully, has become just another place where authority rules all.

Would love new writers too! I love Yoshi's storys and his ability to tell them, but it doesnt hurt to have more perspectives...
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

I honestly think he should rest. Yoshi's been creating manga for a long time, he deserves it.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
MasterOfCider
Recruit
Recruit

Post by MasterOfCider »

I don't think it's a matter of could but more a matter of if it should. I think the world of Ginga does lend itself to new war stories, but the mangaka doesn't write well enough for it to remain interesting if it continued on as normal. Plus I don't really think he cares enough about it anymore. GDN has space worms, and the art style has declined dramatically. I think the series should just be put to bed.
"Satan takes me to the pasta."
Silver Arrow
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Silver Arrow »

I hope so! I love ginga

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Noah”