GDA General Questions Topic

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Akame.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

GDA General Questions Topic

Post by Arano »

Here you can ask any question you like about GDA, and hopefully you'll get an answer from someone!

Can I ask as many questions as I want?
There's no limit to how many questions you can ask, but please remember to not double-post.

If you are going to answer a question:
Please remember to quote their post in your reply if possible.

What if someone's asked a question that's been answered before?
It doesn't matter - you can answer it again or you can quote the previous answer for them.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Re: GDA General Questions Topic

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

I am a new guy here on this website, and when I went to SilverFangReader after I got the code, I was happy. I then noticed that there hasn't been posted new chapters on Ginga Densetsu Akame since 2017, and I wondered why. I don't know if this is a question that can be answered by anyone here on GingaBoard, but if anyone can, then please tell me if someone is still translating that spinoff series. That was one of the mangas I wanted to read first when I came on the website.
Have a nice day!
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

I’m just going from memory, but that was one of the series that was being translated by another group/forum but they quit quite a few years ago now. GDA might be on someone else’s to do list, but I don’t think anyone is currently working on it. There’s a topic somewhere on this forum called “active translations” or something like that, which should say what’s on peoples lists.

Edit: here is that list
https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=121&t=1301
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

Kasi wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:22 pm I’m just going from memory, but that was one of the series that was being translated by another group/forum but they quit quite a few years ago now. GDA might be on someone else’s to do list, but I don’t think anyone is currently working on it. There’s a topic somewhere on this forum called “active translations” or something like that, which should say what’s on peoples lists.

Yeah, Gingascans was going to do it, but they didn't get around to it. They quit translating after they finished GNG.
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Kasi wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:22 pm I’m just going from memory, but that was one of the series that was being translated by another group/forum but they quit quite a few years ago now. GDA might be on someone else’s to do list, but I don’t think anyone is currently working on it. There’s a topic somewhere on this forum called “active translations” or something like that, which should say what’s on peoples lists.

I went to the list/thread and found out that alot of people is doing projects (AWESOME!), which I'm unable to sadly. But still, if possible to answer, do you (or anyone else) know where to find these translations, when they have been fully translated? Does it all just end up on SilverFangReader, or any other fansites? I know that it can't be on gingasite. Do/does you/anyone know where these translations go (when they have been fully translated of course), so that I will be able to read them?
Have a nice day!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:14 am

I went to the list/thread and found out that alot of people is doing projects (AWESOME!), which I'm unable to sadly. But still, if possible to answer, do you (or anyone else) know where to find these translations, when they have been fully translated? Does it all just end up on SilverFangReader, or any other fansites? I know that it can't be on gingasite. Do/does you/anyone know where these translations go (when they have been fully translated of course), so that I will be able to read them?
Here on GB are pretty much the only active scanlators (GingaScans doesn't have that many people still posting/updating, and the GingaScans team dropped all their other open projects). Almost all of them have given me permission to post them on the Reader, but most do not want them crossposted on other manga readers. So just keep an eye out here for updates, and they'll be posted on the Reader as well when available.
Image Image
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Regnant wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:00 pm

Here on GB are pretty much the only active scanlators (GingaScans doesn't have that many people still posting/updating, and the GingaScans team dropped all their other open projects). Almost all of them have given me permission to post them on the Reader, but most do not want them crossposted on other manga readers. So just keep an eye out here for updates, and they'll be posted on the Reader as well when available.
By "The Reader", I suppose you mean SilverFangReader?
Have a nice day!
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 6:52 pm
Regnant wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:00 pm

By "The Reader", I suppose you mean SilverFangReader?
Yep that's correct!
Image Image
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Was this manga ever going to have a follow up? It's just I remember one of the chapter images having all of Akame's ancestors on it so it made me wonder if this was ever meant to be a bigger thing? Like was it meant to continue after Hakutaka? Was this series actually a flop so it didn't continue?

Referring to this image - https://www.flickr.com/photos/142875634 ... 176242024/
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Gingaddict wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 1:21 pm Was this manga ever going to have a follow up? It's just I remember one of the chapter images having all of Akame's ancestors on it so it made me wonder if this was ever meant to be a bigger thing? Like was it meant to continue after Hakutaka? Was this series actually a flop so it didn't continue?

Referring to this image - https://www.flickr.com/photos/142875634 ... 176242024/
I don't think there's ever been any official information on whether or not the series was meant to be longer or how well it sold, but it definitely feels like it ended far too quickly. Aside from Akame's ancestors who are only mentioned in one chapter image, it also leaves a couple things unresolved like how/when did the Iga dogs retrieve the secret scrolls (we see Taichi hiding them in the wilderness and that's the last we hear of them) and when did the war between them and the Kogas restart (at the end of GDA, the two clans are allies because they both serve Tokugawa Ieasu) so I wouldn't be surprised if it was intended to be longer but had to be cut short for whatever reason.

JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

This is more speculation, but do you think our Akame has an actual name since this story makes "Akame" a title? I was thinking Shirokame or something like that as a foil to Kurojaki's name, but there's an ancestor with that name already iirc :weary:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

JazzyJazz wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:30 am This is more speculation, but do you think our Akame has an actual name since this story makes "Akame" a title? I was thinking Shirokame or something like that as a foil to Kurojaki's name, but there's an ancestor with that name already iirc :weary:
I LOVE that idea :tfw_orion1:
I tried searching for a 'Shirokame' and cant find it on the Ginga wikia! Maybe it's a possible headcanon +_+

ImageImage
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Aaaa I might be thinking of Shirakami then aaa :weary:
SENTŌ INU
Recruit
Recruit

Post by SENTŌ INU »

I don't suppose anybody knows where to read beyond chapter 18? Am enjoying GDA and would really like to continue . . . :tfw_aokabuto1:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Akame”