Which of Weed's kids is the Strongest?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion.

Sirius
12%
Orion
67%
Rigel
14%
Bellatrix
7%

Total votes: 69

SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Another dumb post of mine. Now, in the fanfics I'm writing, I've settled on certain tropes regarding Weed's four kids.

Sirius is the second strongest physically, and is the third most skilled of the four. He's pretty balanced in terms of power.

Orion is the third strongest phsyically, fastest, and second most skilled. His strikes rely on a combination of speed and precision, since he's only the third strongest.

Rigel is the strongest physically and the least skilled. He relys more on brute force in a fight. Despite being the slowest, he is still agile and can generate plenty of momentum. He's less balanced than Sirius.

Bellatrix is the weakest physically, but she is as fast as Orion and the most skilled of the siblings. Like Rigel, she can generate momentum whenever she needs some extra strength. She's also the stealthiest of the four.

But that's just me and my fanfics. Who do you all think is the strongest of Weed's kids? Or, who do you think SHOULD be the strongest? Rank them from strongest to weakest, and tell me why you think so, whether you're thinking canon-wise or fanon-wise.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Reno
Friend
Friend

Re: Which of Weed's kids is the Strongest?

Post by Reno »

As much as I love my bad boy Orion I got to say Rigel might be the strongest of the four.
Image Avatar and banner done by Kasi. Sprite by GSDJohn!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Seeing the way Yoshi writes the four, Ive interpreted it as Orion > Rigel > Sirius > Bella.

Orion is that character that can learn and master some special technique that not even the master fully understands, in 1 try perfectly. I hate it, but it's been confirmed countless times now :tfw_aokabuto2: His stamina is at a stupid impossible level, can do all the tricky moves to fool adults during fights as a kid, and doesnt wipe out when he uses the Battouga. He's in every sense 'a broken, OP character' so might as well make all his stats 9999 except defense, which would be just a normal amount because it doesnt matter when your HP is maxed too LOL I mean lets not forget this is the monster that RAN AND DRAGGED the giant Shuou to an edge and THREW him with ease.

Now theres a big gap between Orion and his siblings because he was made stronger than even his old man and gramps at this point.

Next though is Rigel. He was trained by Terumune and in combination with his """bear hound blood""", his potential is really good. He knows a deadly technique and have killed on screen before. Hes considered fast (the scene when he ran quickly against the other kid recruits in Kurohabaki's training base). And after growing up, hes been able to cancel out Orion's attack in training and was complimented for it. Clearly hes got like, Weed level skills or a little less, but hes getting there. If only he had more focus, hes probably already just as strong but we dunno to what extent yet.

Sirius... well, I will say despite not being the strongest, I love that Yoshi was realistic with him. He was never trained properly by people who cared for him, so his skills are just bursts of """bear hound blood""" moments. Sometimes he'll have moments of having a good dodge or tackling over an adult, but for the most part, he's pretty default. His ability to take hits and dodge attacks are his strongest stats to me. I cant remember a fight he was really really impressive in... But thats fine for a peace loving character. For all we know, he could be holding back his true power level LOL

And then Bella ... :tfw_orion1:
I dont think I need to say why. Yoshi. That is all.

ImageImage
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Dragon wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:21 pm Seeing the way Yoshi writes the four, Ive interpreted it as Orion > Rigel > Sirius > Bella.

Orion is that character that can learn and master some special technique that not even the master fully understands, in 1 try perfectly. I hate it, but it's been confirmed countless times now :tfw_aokabuto2: His stamina is at a stupid impossible level, can do all the tricky moves to fool adults during fights as a kid, and doesnt wipe out when he uses the Battouga. He's in every sense 'a broken, OP character' so might as well make all his stats 9999 except defense, which would be just a normal amount because it doesnt matter when your HP is maxed too LOL I mean lets not forget this is the monster that RAN AND DRAGGED the giant Shuou to an edge and THREW him with ease.

Now theres a big gap between Orion and his siblings because he was made stronger than even his old man and gramps at this point.

Next though is Rigel. He was trained by Terumune and in combination with his """bear hound blood""", his potential is really good. He knows a deadly technique and have killed on screen before. Hes considered fast (the scene when he ran quickly against the other kid recruits in Kurohabaki's training base). And after growing up, hes been able to cancel out Orion's attack in training and was complimented for it. Clearly hes got like, Weed level skills or a little less, but hes getting there. If only he had more focus, hes probably already just as strong but we dunno to what extent yet.

Sirius... well, I will say despite not being the strongest, I love that Yoshi was realistic with him. He was never trained properly by people who cared for him, so his skills are just bursts of """bear hound blood""" moments. Sometimes he'll have moments of having a good dodge or tackling over an adult, but for the most part, he's pretty default. His ability to take hits and dodge attacks are his strongest stats to me. I cant remember a fight he was really really impressive in... But thats fine for a peace loving character. For all we know, he could be holding back his true power level LOL

And then Bella ... :tfw_orion1:
I dont think I need to say why. Yoshi. That is all.
Yeah, canon is not kind to Bella. That's why I also added the fanon option and who you think should be the strongest.

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

My opinion of the canon goes the same as Dragons so
1. Orion
2. Rigel
3. Sirius
4. Bella

In my own rewrite I'm working on I've spread their "stats" a little to make them more even.

Pure strenght:
Orion>Rigel>Bella>Sirius

Agility:
Rigel>Bella>Sirius>Orion

Battle Skills & Startegies:
Bella>Rigel>Sirius>Orion

Endurance:
Orion>Bella>Rigel>Sirius

Orion is a pure canon ball that doesn't rely on anything else than his strength on the battlefield. I also have him be the biggest of the siblings when it comes to size.

Sirius is not much of a fighter. He is made for thinking and being fast enough to slip out of trouble if it happens to find him hahah

Rigel is the ninja of the group: fast, skilled, and strong. He doesn't do well in fights that drag long compared to Bella or (especially) Orion because his strongest attacks only work once or take a lot of energy to execute.

Bellatrix is fast and resourceful and the most skilled when it comes to his siblings. She kinda had to if she wanted to be recognized, most of the army looked down on her just because she is female. She is better at conserving her energy during the battle than Rigel and while she doesn't have as much pure strength as him, she has many tricks up her sleeve to even out the battlefield for her.

In my rewrite, the siblings' ages are pretty much flipped!
Bella is the firstborn, Rigel is the 2nd, Sirius is the 3rd, and Orion is the 4th.
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Exactly like Dragon said. Orion is ridiculously OP even by Ginga main character standards, Rigel is around Gin/Weed when it comes to strength, while Sirius is like... generic powerful Ohu dog level. And then there's poor Bella who's basically never gotten an opportunity to even show us how strong she is.

Unless you're an absolute mad lad and consider TFW canon, in which case it's fact that Bella is not only just as good a fighter as her brothers, but also becomes utterly unstoppable if her bearhound blood kicks in.

SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Digsu wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:39 pm Exactly like Dragon said. Orion is ridiculously OP even by Ginga main character standards, Rigel is around Gin/Weed when it comes to strength, while Sirius is like... generic powerful Ohu dog level. And then there's poor Bella who's basically never gotten an opportunity to even show us how strong she is.

Unless you're an absolute mad lad and consider TFW canon, in which case it's fact that Bella is not only just as good a fighter as her brothers, but also becomes utterly unstoppable if her bearhound blood kicks in.
Well, I did say you can include your own fanon ideas or who you think should be strongest. I guess TFW is technically canon, at least more canon than fanon.

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

I pretty much agree with what has already being said around here. Orion > Rigel > Sirius > Bella.

As for my fanon, though, there's actually this "Ginga RPG 3: Orion" RPG Maker game which I was working on where the Star Siblings had different stats and specialities (I have stopped working on it though, partly because of losing interest on GDWO and preferring to focus on GNG/GDW things). It's sort of a rewrite on the story so there's certain rewriting on their stats as well:

:orion: Orion: The "trickster" character among the 4 siblings. He has good HP and SP and low/mid power and speed. His true strength lies on his skill: He has the highest skill stat among his siblings and his abilities are designed to do things like inflicting negative statuses (poison, paralysis, confusion) on the enemies and draining their HP and SP. At the very start he is significantly useful due to being able to regain his SP without using items.

:bella: Bella: The "Glass Cannon" character among the 4 siblings. What!? Bella, a glass cannon!? Yeah, that's right. On this rewrite, Bella is the physically strongest among the siblings, being able to deal higher damage per attack than the others. She also has tons of offense-oriented abilities (she also learns Claws of Destruction - the strongest attack ability, at just Level 40, while her siblings have to wait till they are Level 49) and a looot of SP to use the abilities many times. Her drawback is her awful HP: The worst among her siblings. She also is completely devoid of any Healing and Shielding abilities, so she might have a terrible time in battle if there are no healers on the team.

:rigel: Rigel: Described as "Balanced Warrior" ingame: he truly is the most balanced character among his siblings and among everybody else. His stats are all the same: Decent HP, decent SP, decent everything, excellent at nothing. His ability set is a combination of offense oriented, defense oriented and healing oriented skills, but none of his abilities being as powerful as these of the characters specifically designed for them.

:sirius: Sirius: The defensive character among the 4 siblings. Has very high HP: making him the one with the highest endurance. His abilities are all centered around defending the other characters and healing others, and high SP to use these abilities constantly. However he has considerably fewer attack-oriented abilities than his siblings and he has the worst physical strength among them. He is the character meant to keep the others alive and protected from the enemy attacks.
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I pretty much agree with what most people in this thread have said. Orion, Rigel, Sirius, then Bella.... Part of me really wants to rank Bella higher, I hate that she is at the bottom, but canon is not kind to female characters. :/
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Wolpard wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:07 am I pretty much agree with what most people in this thread have said. Orion, Rigel, Sirius, then Bella.... Part of me really wants to rank Bella higher, I hate that she is at the bottom, but canon is not kind to female characters. :/
Like I said, that's what fanon's for. I didn't actually rank the siblings, but I gave them each certain abilities that I felt suited them. Like how I made Rigel the strongest and Bella the most skilled, while Sirius and Orion are kinda in between, sort of.

So why not tell me how you would rank them in your fanon instead of canon? Who would be the strongest, fastest, smartest, most skilled, or whatever in your fanon?

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

SoullessDog wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:15 am
Wolpard wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:07 am I pretty much agree with what most people in this thread have said. Orion, Rigel, Sirius, then Bella.... Part of me really wants to rank Bella higher, I hate that she is at the bottom, but canon is not kind to female characters. :/
Like I said, that's what fanon's for. I didn't actually rank the siblings, but I gave them each certain abilities that I felt suited them. Like how I made Rigel the strongest and Bella the most skilled, while Sirius and Orion are kinda in between, sort of.

So why not tell me how you would rank them in your fanon instead of canon? Who would be the strongest, fastest, smartest, most skilled, or whatever in your fanon?
Hmmm. Personally I would make the most skilled Rigel because it makes most sense with the training he got. Orion perhaps still the strongest physically, but rough around the edges. Bella is difficult because we don't have a whole lot of canon to base her off of, but I like the idea of her being a strong/skilled fighter as well, perhaps not as strong as Orion or as skilled as Rigel, but a more balanced mix. As for Sirius, I like to think of him as a brain over brawn sort of guy, also due to his pacifism (and him being a nerd in TFW). I dont think of him as being that great in battle.
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

Wolpard wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:20 am
SoullessDog wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:15 am

Hmmm. Personally I would make the most skilled Rigel because it makes most sense with the training he got. Orion perhaps still the strongest physically, but rough around the edges. Bella is difficult because we don't have a whole lot of canon to base her off of, but I like the idea of her being a strong/skilled fighter as well, perhaps not as strong as Orion or as skilled as Rigel, but a more balanced mix. As for Sirius, I like to think of him as a brain over brawn sort of guy, also due to his pacifism (and him being a nerd in TFW). I dont think of him as being that great in battle.
lol. I think the reason I made Sirius the second strongest has to do with some Ginga AU worldbuilding I've done. Originally, he was the strongest, but I decided to make Rigel the strongest.

In my defense, I haven't read the manga. But I still treated Bellatrix better than the canon did! And for some weird reason, I wanna see her as a female John Wick in dog form or something, minus the suffering.

-----

Photoshop Banner by Me

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'd say Rigel, since he was trained by Terumune (I think it was his name). He's more smarter than Orion, Orion's sure more stronger but not so smart. I don't think that we've see Rigel's true strength yet. He maybe is so much more powerful than Orion and Weed.
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Orion pretty much for the same reasons others have already said.
Zeroooo

Post by Zeroooo »

Orion because its always said that he is like Riki.
John22

Post by John22 »

Orion followed by Rigel, Sirius and Bella.
:gin: :john: :akame: :andy: :izou: :zion: :kisaragi: :orion: :hakuro: :victor:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Like others have said, Orion is definitely the strongest.

Orion>Rigel>Sirius>Bellatrix

That's how I also think it is.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Lad

Post by Lad »

Orion is stupidly overpowered. I like to think Rigel is the most intelligent and precise.
Kenny

Post by Kenny »

I think its either orion or rigel.. if orion didnt have so much plot armor in gdwo i think rigel would be the strongest, as for sirius i dont think he's really focused on fighting like orion is

Tbh i was excited for Bella but she just ended up becoming a regular house dog soo.. she's the weakest :tfw_aokabuto2:
Justarandomfan1
Potential
Potential

Post by Justarandomfan1 »

Orion.

He was trained and he has plot armor, so..

Rigel would rank second.

Sirius third.

And sadly, Bella fourth...

Poor Bella :tfw_orion1:
:bearchibi: :mole: :gdwcross: :bella: :harpoonbear: :teru: :batto: :minnie: :moss: :chibi: :bob: :kevin: :rigel: :lenny: :bon: :unsai: :zion:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion”