Monkey Arc

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
rebina

Monkey Arc

Post by rebina »

Hello everyone, just wanna ask about Yukimura since I am still a bit confused at where he actually knew that Weed is his brother. Did he purposely make Weed injured so that he can sacrifice himself as an older brother to kill the Monkey King (forgot his name)?
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Monkey Arc

Post by Gingaddict »

I think the story was that Yukimura knew they were brothers but Weed did not. Yukimura apparently had a sharp memory so he could remember his younger days more clearly. Weed sadly did not know they were related until Yukimura was dying from his wounds when Gin and Saheiji arrived at the battlefield.

The big monkey's name is Shogun by the way
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Monkey Arc

Post by Digsu »

There's some inconsistency regarding this, actually. After Yukimura's death, Saheiji claims that he always knew he was Weed's brother, but in the earlier scene where Saheiji tries to tell Yukimura he's adopted he seems genuinely shocked by the information, suggesting he really did think Saheiji was his biological father.

So it's a bit hard to say when did Yukimura actually realize Weed was his brother.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”