Kurokishi? Black knight?

General discussion of all things related to Gamu the Armored Fighter (Kacchū no Senshi Gamu).
Tora
Legend
Legend

Kurokishi? Black knight?

Post by Tora »

I have a question. In first volume (chapter 7) when General Hayabusa arrives when the Kagerou Clan is attacked by Gama Clan by the Flying Ant troop, the human with Hayabusa is calling himself "Kurokishi" (jap. 黒騎士). I look it up and it's meaning is "Black knight". So I'm also wondering what he might call himself in the Finnish translation.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Re: Kurokishi? Black knight?

Post by Digsu »

He's never mentioned by name, but he does refer to the suit of armor he's wearing as "the armor of the black horseman". Which is admittedly a reasonable translation as his original Japanese line "この黒騎士のヨロイ" (kono kurokishi no yoroi) could be translated as either "the armor of I, Kurokishi" or "this armor of the black knight", depending on how you interpret it.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:01 pm He's never mentioned by name, but he does refer to the suit of armor he's wearing as "the armor of the black horseman". Which is admittedly a reasonable translation as his original Japanese line "この黒騎士のヨロイ" (kono kurokishi no yoroi) could be translated as either "the armor of I, Kurokishi" or "this armor of the black knight", depending on how you interpret it.

Thanks.

Even though When Gamu calls him out for going after Ryuugen who's blind? Calling him Kurokishi?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:07 pm Even though When Gamu calls him out for going after Ryuugen who's blind? Calling him Kurokishi?
Gamu simply calls him "coward" there. I assume it's for space reasons because the speech bubble was too small to properly fit "musta ratsumies" ("black horseman") in it.
:THOT:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:10 pm
Tora wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:07 pm Even though When Gamu calls him out for going after Ryuugen who's blind? Calling him Kurokishi?
Gamu simply calls him "coward" there. I assume it's for space reasons because the speech bubble was too small to properly fit "musta ratsumies" ("black horseman") in it.
:THOT:
Hehe, could be XD
I put it as Kurokishi on Wiki, and do the same as with Kaibutsu, Banken, and Wakagashira; not his name just... something XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki

Return to “Gamu the Armored Fighter”