Ginga Headcanons

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Re: Ginga Headcanons

Post by Kaiken »

Aram is unable to smell ANYTHING, but when they're tracking he still puts his nose on the ground and pretends to sniff in order to hide his disability and not to appear as lesser of dog, since ability to smell is the most important of dog's senses without which it is unable to perform anything, equivalent to sight for humans (they made such a big deal of loss of sight for Ben, when in real life it wouldn't have bothered him almost at all).
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

(sorry for double post, here I remembered to post this one as well, had it since I first saw Ken)

Ben took Ken back to his old owner to have his son's ears cropped. He didn't take Minnie, that's why her ears aren't straight.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

This is kind of a half-headcanon/half-AU thing but more of the former so I'll post it here instead of the AU topic.

If he'd been alive, GB would have been the one to name Weed's children instead of Daisuke.
In GDW 37, there's a brief scene where he mentions knowing "a thing or two" about stars and briefly explains the mythological rivalry between Orion and Scorpius, so him suggesting star-based names would have made sense. It could also have served as a callback to the very beginning of the series, when he named Weed.

WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Me, my brother and my pals found a big doll (barbie like) and had still functional but hilariously deep vocals and sounded like a stoned teenager making baby noises. Anyway we put it on the handrails of my pals stairs and slided it down back and forth trying to slam it's head or something between the trash cans cover. I know it sounds bizarre but it was something we did.

We climbed on our roof during new years eve at 2008 (turning 2009) and jumped into the snow below. Our parents did not take it well.

Otherwise we did stuff typical for kids those days, ringing the doorbell and running away and fooling around etc.
Last edited by WolfKing on Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

WolfKing wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:46 pm Me, my brother and my pals found a big doll (barbie like) and had still functional but hilariously deep vocals and sounded like a stoned teenager making baby noises. Anyway we put it on the handrails of my pals stairs and slided it down back and forth trying to slam it's head or something between the trash cans cover. I know it sounds bizarre but it was something we did.

We climbed on our roof during new years eve at 2008 (turning 2009) and jumped into the snow below. Our parents did not take it well.

Otherwise we did stuff typical for kids those days, ringing the doorbell and running away and fooling around etc.
Um, okay, but how is that a Ginga headcannon?
Favorites:
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:58 pm
WolfKing wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:46 pm Me, my brother and my pals found a big doll (barbie like) and had still functional but hilariously deep vocals and sounded like a stoned teenager making baby noises. Anyway we put it on the handrails of my pals stairs and slided it down back and forth trying to slam it's head or something between the trash cans cover. I know it sounds bizarre but it was something we did.

OH SHIT, i was writing this on the panel where you write about "funny things you did when you were a kid". I guess this happened when the internet messed up a bit as i was doing it.
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

WolfKing wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 8:04 pm

OH SHIT, i was writing this on the panel where you write about "funny things you did when you were a kid". I guess this happened when the internet messed up a bit as i was doing it.

Oh xD I see xD
Regardless, you sure seem to have had a lot of adventures. I wouldn't have anything to write under that topic board.
Favorites:
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Kaiken wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:17 pm

Oh xD I see xD
Regardless, you sure seem to have had a lot of adventures. I wouldn't have anything to write under that topic board.
XD. Thanks, you see i lived in multiple places in Northern Norway as a kid with My family (who still live there) and thats a place with plenty of adventure and memories, but even i wasnt as crazy as It may sound, we were mostly pretty calm and played but sometimes well...
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Wolfking, copy your post into the topic you were meant to be posting in and I'll delete the ones here :)
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

WolfKing wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:33 pm
Kaiken wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:17 pm

Oh xD I see xD
XD. Thanks, you see i lived in multiple places in Northern Norway as a kid with My family (who still live there) and thats a place with plenty of adventure and memories, but even i wasnt as crazy as It may sound, we were mostly pretty calm and played but sometimes well...

Nah, I didn't mean I think it's anything crazy or dangerous, just that you had a lot more going on than I. xD I've never played the ''ringing door and running away'' prank or anything at all. I mostly just spent time with my parents or was being bored, when they weren't available, hahah xD
Favorites:
Tenrou24
Potential
Potential

Post by Tenrou24 »

I like the idea that Joe has a slightly flopped ear from his bear attack. He can hold his ears upright, and when he does people mistake him for Weed, but at rest one flops a bit.
Ex-staff member of the now closed Silver Fang Fanhouse. If you want any old media from it, please send a pm.

DVT Survivor ♥

Typesetter for GDW Volumes 21-23 https://www.gingaboard.com/viewtopic.php?t=4869
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Weed and Kyoshiro are half brothers
Sakura is actually the mother of Kyoshiro and his siblings and after they were given away, Sakura couldn't take it and ran away. The skeleton was just another random dog Kyoshiro's father got involved with and treated terribly. Sakura changed her name and hid her past from her new family.

Also, Bella secretly trains to become strong behind her family's back and when the manga isn't focused on her. And Sakura is a secret daughter of Akame, explaining why Orion can learn Ninja skills so easily. Also Gin took Sakura as his mate as he had strong admiration for Akame!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:03 pm A pretty much identical one to my headcanon about Jerome never wanting kids: Weed never wanted his children either. He just wanted a relationship with Koyuki and the kids were an 'if they happen, it's the will of God' affair. This is why Weed's approach to raising his kids has always been, in a nutshell; 'do what I tell you or shut up and get lost'. :weed:
I do believe that is very possible for Weed but I honestly thought Weed is not such a good dad because he had kids when he was still too young therefore, he had a kids' mindset but did try his best to be a dad but always puts being a leader first. I think Weed's pups very much resent that decision. Basically that dog has too much to handle for his age!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Tenrou24 wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:33 pm I like the idea that Joe has a slightly flopped ear from his bear attack. He can hold his ears upright, and when he does people mistake him for Weed, but at rest one flops a bit.
Nice one.
I also headcanon that Joe has a blind eye where he was slashed.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

One I theorised about the other day:

Gaia is named after Emperor Caligula (who was born as 'Gaius' and acquired 'Caligula' as a nickname). :gaia:
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:29 am One I theorised about the other day:

Gaia is named after Emperor Caligula (who was born as 'Gaius' and acquired 'Caligula' as a nickname). :gaia:
Ooh, a good one! I always thought him being called basically Mother Earth is really weird (not that SOME of wolf arc characters weren't weird enough :pinkdragon: )
Favorites:
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

I headcanon that if Orion ever had any children (and I really hope that that wouldn't be any time soon in the series) he would name them after some of the fallen soldiers of Ohu (i.e Sirius, and other dogs that impacted his life but aren't living anymore). I'd like to think that Orion would be a good father, one who doesn't make the same mistakes that Weed made with him and his siblings. He teaches his pups how to be fierce and fight, to not be afraid of fighting enemies when it comes down to it because talking can't solve everything, but that not every single thing can be solved with hardcore violence either.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Banners by me and Sandatora!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Gingastar wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:12 pm I headcanon that if Orion ever had any children (and I really hope that that wouldn't be any time soon in the series) he would name them after some of the fallen soldiers of Ohu (i.e Sirius, and other dogs that impacted his life but aren't living anymore). I'd like to think that Orion would be a good father, one who doesn't make the same mistakes that Weed made with him and his siblings. He teaches his pups how to be fierce and fight, to not be afraid of fighting enemies when it comes down to it because talking can't solve everything, but that not every single thing can be solved with hardcore violence either.
That’s a great one. I have been imagining something like it for a long while.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Gingastar wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:12 pm I headcanon that if Orion ever had any children (and I really hope that that wouldn't be any time soon in the series) he would name them after some of the fallen soldiers of Ohu (i.e Sirius, and other dogs that impacted his life but aren't living anymore). I'd like to think that Orion would be a good father, one who doesn't make the same mistakes that Weed made with him and his siblings. He teaches his pups how to be fierce and fight, to not be afraid of fighting enemies when it comes down to it because talking can't solve everything, but that not every single thing can be solved with hardcore violence either.
Amazing one. I've been thinking about this since the beginning of GDN. It's something i really can imagine happening, and that Orion would be a better father than Weed, and like everyone say "We learn from our mistakes" make me feel that Orion knows due to this what to do and not to do, namely exile someone like that or disown.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Three kinda dark additions:
  • Weed is racist towards all bears because one killed GB. :weed:
  • The bodies of Lydia, Jaguar and Musashi were laid to rest in the manmade mass grave for dogs at the bottom of Futago Pass.
  • Orion has a Messiah Complex due to his upbringing. It's only after Sirius dies that he starts to detach from this delusion. :orion:

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”