Greatest Character Flaws?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Greatest Character Flaws?

Post by SoullessDog »

So, as we all know, no character is perfect. So why not have a talk about characters in Ginga and their notable flaws? Things like inconsistencies in the characterization or your opinion on what makes them flawed.

Considering a lot of people have touched on Weed and Sirius's flaws, it might be redundant to talk about them, unless you decide you want to like say something new or constructive about them that might not have been brought up in other topics.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Greatest Character Flaws?

Post by Bluey_Madison »

In general, I'd say that a lot of characters, especially Jerome, tend to forget their own morals and lessons learned. You could say that his coldness now is a result of losing most of his family, and I'd agree with that, but it just seems that he cares very little about anyone around him anymore. Not to mention what happened to Kyoshiro, who while he was hotheaded in the GDW manga, he is incredibly quick to anger nowadays, with less 'cool' scenes where he shows that he's wiser beyond his years. Though, I'd say he's pretty much an adult himself, now.

To avoid going into the Orion/Sirius category, I might find some characters in GNG I can pick on. There really aren't a lot of Ohu Army soldiers that have very many flaws, come to think about it, but what comes to mind first would be Moss, being too hot-headed to think clearly. Granted, Sniper set it up to look like Jaguar, Moss' son, was killed by Ben's pack, which resulted in his severe anger. However, it took Gin throwing Moss over his shoulder for him to finally cool his jets, so I'd say that Moss' biggest flaw would be his temper, and not letting go of it until things really get heated. On the flip side of this, it can result in some really strong tenacity, as shown in the standoff against the Mutsu Kings.

Another character that comes to mind would be Wilson, and his desire for revenge by taking and killing Kurojaki's son. This kind of just seems brushed aside? Because Cross jumped in the ravine and saved puppy Tesshin, almost by miracle that she was able to take that fall so well. This I think would be his greatest flaw, letting his anger control him as well, to where he would kidnap and kill a literal baby in order to show off against Kurojaki. Aside from working alongside the Ohu army in helping Gin locate Benizakura, I don't think he was known as a very strong Ohu soldier, so I don't really know what his game plan after he got rid of Jr. was. Kurojaki would have 100% oneshotted him just like he did all the other dogs when he saw his son 'die.' Maybe Wilson considered it a suicide mission? It was explained that it was due to his grief, which I can understand, but I still think that maybe his momentary wanting to kill a puppy was forgotten by the other dogs a bit too soon.

That's all I've got for now - interesting topic!
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Greatest Character Flaws?

Post by Gingaddict »

I have to say Orion's biggest flaw is his rage, he gets himself steamed up so much that sometimes nobody can get a grip on him and mostly his rage is the thing that drives to make rash decisions putting himself and others in danger. I don't think he's ever fully gotten a grip on it, he's the one Ginga character I think that needs the most therapy!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”