Ginga 2022 calendar

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Ginga 2022 calendar

Post by Digsu »

Announced on Twitter on the 21st of August, Nihonbungeisha will be releasing a Ginga calendar to celebrate Yoshihiro Takahashi's 50-year career in the art industry! Formally titled "2022 Silver Fang Legend: Four Seasons of Ohu Calendar" (2022 銀牙伝説~奥羽の四季~CALENDAR), it's currently up for preorder over at Amazon Japan and is expected to be shipped in June, with the Amazon description promising that it will feature "the emotional scenery of Ohu, including the newest illustrations".

I assume it's just going to feature reprints of old art, but I think reprints of colored Ginga art are always welcome so I don't mind. :FLY:

Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Ginga 2022 calendar

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I thought that it looked really nice, I was wondering when we were going to start posting about this! I'd like to have it for next year to plan the days before I graduate, I don't think it's going to be anywhere near as expensive as the sofubi was. It also helps that it's for October, so I'll probably order then, maybe a bit earlier when I get the money to. Kinda wish we had more of a preview from the makers; on Amazon the picture is really low resolution, so I'm grateful for the picture we have here!
Last edited by Bluey_Madison on Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Man
I like never use calendars but if I got this I would :surprisegin:
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I would like to get that calendar. It looks so cool. Problem is that my dad always gets free calendars from his local stock market investment. So my chances of getting that calendar is slim.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Bluey_Madison wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:31 pm Kinda wish we had more of a preview from the makers; on Amazon the picture is really low resolution, so I'm grateful for the picture we have here!
The picture from Goraku's Twitter is... technically hi-rez, I guess? I assume it's a placeholder/mockup rather than the actual final cover because the background image is crusty as all hell, but the logo is very crisp-looking.

Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Thanks for getting the picture! It looks a lot better actually, though if it is a mock-up and not the real cover, I hope that the calendar features more of the picturesque backgrounds, like some in GDW art books. The Hōgen arc is good for wintery mountains, and past that some summery paintings were good. I try to make my backgrounds look clean and with vibrant but not too bright colors like the forests he paints.

From the look of it, with what I think is a Noah cover, we’ll be getting a lot of the currant art style instead of the detailed Hōgen/pre Monkey arcs. Though to be fair, there’s been some really nice panels that would look great colored!
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

This is a thing I need
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
GingaDensetsuItalia
Friend
Friend

Post by GingaDensetsuItalia »

Nice
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

GingaDensetsuItalia wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:25 am Nice
Hi! Please avoid using one word answers on discussion topics as this is considered spam. Thank you!
GingaDensetsuItalia
Friend
Friend

Post by GingaDensetsuItalia »

Arano wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:25 am
GingaDensetsuItalia wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:25 am Nice
Hi! Please avoid using one word answers on discussion topics as this is considered spam. Thank you!
Oh! I see there is an apposte rule, my bad.
:nosebleed:
Anyway i'm curious about the inner artworks
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

I wouldn't mind having this! Love the gold colour choice for Andy's eyes, he really is the soft version of John at the end of the day :P
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fino »

I'm also really curious to see the inside, I bought one using FromJapan. I think the price for the item alone is about $22 USD , I have no idea what to expect on the inside because I'm not caught up on any Ginga installments since GDW but I'm excited either way
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

As soon as hit becomes midnight here, I'm gonna buy it with my payment. I'm longing!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Got my calendar today!
In general:

-Each page contains two months, so there's only six pages.
-Aside from January/February, which has art from TLW, all the art in the calendar is from GDN.
-The photos absolutely do not do this justice but the image quality is excellent.
-Each page has a little box in the bottom right corner pointing out a relevant Japanese dog-related holiday:

January 14th: Taro and Jiro's Day (タロとジロの日)
April 8th: Hachiko Day (忠犬ハチ公の日)
May 13th: Pet Dogs' Day (愛犬の日)
July 1st: Facility Dogs' Day (ファシリティドッグの日)
September 26th: Be Kind to Animals Week (動物愛護週間)
November 1st: Dogs' Day (犬の日)
November 22nd: Day of Showing Gratitude to Pets (ペットたちに感謝する日)

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I can't wait to get mine!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Even though I am unable to purchase the calendar, I'm so satisfied to see pictures of what it looks like inside. Looks fantastic. :bon1:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

TBH Im a little sad theres only a few pages and its nearly all GDN. Personally would have loved more variety since its for Yoshi's 50th anniversary so I think I'm skipping this one haha.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Wolpard wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:03 pm TBH Im a little sad theres only a few pages and its nearly all GDN. Personally would have loved more variety since its for Yoshi's 50th anniversary so I think I'm skipping this one haha.
Personally, I'm happy with it, but I am a little bit disappointed that they've only got like... three and a half of the advertised "four seasons of Ohu". I guess it's at least snowing on the January/February page, but "incoming alien meteor shower" really doesn't scream winter to me. Also nevermind that I'm pretty sure none of the GDN art even takes place in Ohu.

Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Digsu wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:47 pm
Wolpard wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:03 pm TBH Im a little sad theres only a few pages and its nearly all GDN. Personally would have loved more variety since its for Yoshi's 50th anniversary so I think I'm skipping this one haha.
Personally, I'm happy with it, but I am a little bit disappointed that they've only got like... three and a half of the advertised "four seasons of Ohu". I guess it's at least snowing on the January/February page, but "incoming alien meteor shower" really doesn't scream winter to me. Also nevermind that I'm pretty sure none of the GDN art even takes place in Ohu.
Does this mean this coming December we will get an alien invasion? New season incoming.
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fino »

I'm a little disappointed too honestly. I preordered it though so it's already shipped and paid for. I'll probably just resell it honestly.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”