Your First Ginga OC/Fan Story

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Your First Ginga OC/Fan Story

Post by OreozFox »

For those of us who got into Ginga at a younger age, some of us might've made some fanfics or OCs that might be less than perfect, looking back.

As for me, I made a whole Ginga story (one of the only stories to this day that I've ever completed) called Shiro Densetsu Yasuo. I made it when I was in 6th grade, and it's... pretty cringe. It was about Yasuo, Shiro's son from a litter just prior to Riki's. He was on a journey to prove himself to Shiro, and he fought against a black bear named Dorobo, who was supposed to be Akakabuto's father. I'll go into more detail in my own topic for this story, but two of the only aspects I'm actually proud of is that for most of the series, Yasuo had Weed's crazy pacifism, but he actually learns his lesson at the end and becomes a better dog. He's also kind a unique relative to the bearhound fam to choose, and he wasn't a carbon copy of the other akitas (he lacked urajiro markings). But other than that Yasuo was kinda overpowered and realllly preachy, the series was rushed (and quite poorly drawn), the plot was downright bizarre, and the fights were predictable.

So, what was your first Ginga OC/story like?
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Your First Ginga OC/Fan Story

Post by JazzyJazz »

I didn't get into Ginga until around 2015 and I was about 16 or 17 at the time so I was slightly beyond my shitty Wolf Rain oc days, so I made what was basically meant to be a parody fic with a ridiculous Parody Sue daughter of Weed, however the more I wrote it the more serious it got? Even now, I'm still thinking of a sequel should I finish the original story aaa. It's called Ginga Densetsu Kintora and it's still on my Fanfiction.Net, forgot if I posted it here though
Nageki

Post by Nageki »

My first OC was a red tiger striped Akita named Fire.. He was a WILD dog with a COLLAR.
Him and his stupid friends were traveling for gather more dogs to defeat the big bad guy for no reason. I don't even remember why the ''bad guy'' was evil.
In the end , they attacked the pack of bad dude. Our heroes were losing! And then Fire used the bATtOUgA and defeat the villain! The End

I felt physical pain when i remembered that.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Here ya go...

Pulled from my dA. I had not read the manga at the time so I had no idea Weed actually had "long lost brothers." XD I didn't really have much on this OC, it was just a recolor for funsies iirc.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

My first OC Arano still exists in my head, though is not the same character wise from when I first created him. I think I was trying to channel Riki with him originally... hardcore sled dog with a polar bear enemy (so creative).

Way back I wrote part of a story about him and his sled dog pack in Alaska. I still like some bits from memory, like there was a wolf pack in the story and I was quite into Shakespeare at the time... I wanted the wolves to feel "old world" compared to the dogs, and gave them their own language so they spoke differently - I put an Elizabethan English spin on their dialog which was really fun to write c:

But a lot of the story was still :tfw_sirius1: the cringe is strong and I'd rather not look back on it.

I've not done anything with Arano for years, he's retired and lives cosily in my brain. I'd like to at least draw him again someday though so this has inspired me to see what I can find in my old hard drives of him x)

(btw this is such a great topic question)
ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

Uh...I have a vague memory of drawing Weed's imaginary kids on MS Paint when I was 14 or 15 (this was before he had kids in canon.) All I remember is that there were 6 pups, one of which had a striped orange and black coat like an actual tiger, and one that was evil for no reason. I never did anything with these abominations LOL.
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

Contrary to popular belief, I've only ever had one ginga fan character. The character of mine that I named this account after still didn't have a backstory despite how long I've had her and years ago I decided it made sense to have her be a fan character.
She was Akatora's niece and was the leader of her own pack of dogs, and despite being unwanted because she was a female she was stubborn and joined the battle against Akakabuto anyways!!!!! And she died fighting those other bears when everyone was trying to reach Akakabuto on top of Gajou or something idk. The end
She's now back to being a normal oc with a different backstory because I wasn't at all happy with the old one lol. Making and using fan characters outside of Pokemon (and even then those eventually get turned into real animals) really isn't my thing

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Gingastar
Legend
Legend

Post by Gingastar »

My very first Ginga OC ever was made when I was 8 or 9 years old and he was a blue Akita/Kai Ken mix named Aotora and I still have some of the story I wrote back in the day. It's so poorly written but it gets a good laugh out of me whenever I go back and look at it.

Another OC from the same universe as Aotora and from when I was 8 or 9 was based off this white kishu or husky figure I have that wears a scarf, hat and glasses and he was Kyoushiro's "too cool for school" son.
---------
Redbubble | DeviantArt
Avatar by Kasi | Banner by Sandatora
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

My first OC was a Kai Ken named Kuroshi, who ended up becoming Momochidori (Momo), my current OC!
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Bonisfab
Friend
Friend

Post by Bonisfab »

When I was 12 I animated a series on youtube called "Nala the leader's pup" which I can't really call an animated series since it was made of poorly drawn MS paint images. So more like a slideshow. And I obviously didn't copy the whole plot of GDW and use it in my own series. Nala was a setter puppy whose mom was starving and she had to hunt food for her. One say when she was hunting she came across an evil dog who told her to get out of his territory or he'll eat her bones or something. I think I was referencing to Kaibutsu here. She was supposed to go find her father but ended up being chased by the evil dog. That series had 2 episodes and I never finished it because I realized it reminded me of GDW too much. oh I wonder why.

After that I tried making another series which was also based on Ginga and Warriors. Young me didn't learn his lesson :orion4:
Image"We are the demon dogs!" Image
Team Sasuke :sasuke:
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I suppose my fanfiction, GTLW AU - How It Should Have Ended, counts as my first fan story. Because it also contains an OC. I feel like I don't need to explain in details since I'm sure lots of members have read it. But basically, I wrote a GTLW AU fanfic that tells how I think GTLW should have ended. Now I'm writing the sequel to it, which is simply GDN AU.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Tala, who was Weed's sister and just as strong as him. She had every Mary Sue cliche in the book minus pink fur. She had a scarf and a missing eye, probably from a run-in with Hougen.
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

My first Ginga OC was a green female dog who I shipped with Gin, the adult version of him... :tfw_sirius1:
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

That would be my Gingasona Tora. First ever. Daughter of Tokimune and Hoero (daughter of Riki from another litter and a female Akita x Kai mix). Had a whole fanfic planned for her XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
4townie
Mentor
Mentor

Post by 4townie »

I do not know if this counts, but my first fan story was basically just short stories about Ginga couples. I only remember writing about Hiro x Reika and Lydia x Jerome.
💜✨Ginga Board's #1 Matthew Lillard Simp✨💜
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

Oh my goodness, when I was 10 I had a sprawling fanfic. It was all separate from canon but at the time I was too young and silly to even make up my own character names and designs, so most of them were lifted straight from Ginga haha. It was like playing with dolls.

I wish I still had that document for posterity but it's long gone sadly.
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

My first ever Ginga oc was an aka kai ken named Kasainotora (now Hinotora) who was an old battle hardened man covered in scars. He was also blind, but had lost his sight due to an infection in his eyes, so he just sorta had a dead stare. He was still very capable of fighting though!! I still love him dearly and may draw him from time to time! I just thought orange colored doggy and bright blue blind eyes went crazy 10 years ago.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”