How Do You Want ___ To Die?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

How Do You Want ___ To Die?

Post by Dragon »

So many characters in Ginga have unsatisfying deaths, or .. just.. WON'T die, when it could save their character in the long run. I feel as if John died at the right time and in a cool way. Hiro's death isn't super hyped, but I think it was good, especially given his origins in the series. But then there's the bad ones... GB, Smith, Lydia, Joe... definitely more we can list here. Or the oldies who are still alive and aren't doing much to the story anymore (or SHOULDNT be given as much screen time as they have).

It doesn't matter what character you mention, alive or dead. The idea is to just write a cool or improved death for whoever you feel like need it or would be cool when their time comes.

(spoilers territory from here on!)

I was rereading some parts of GNG and reading how Tesshin witnessed Terry's death. Terry even says 'watch, boy. this is how a true man dies!' while blindly attacking the Four Heavenly Kings. If Tesshin goes out doing something similar, I think that'd be an interesting callback.

Akame dying to protect Tesshin would be really interesting. Especially if we get a 'styx river' scene of Kurojaki meeting him there and giving his thoughts on Akame dying for the sake of a Koga.

GB should have been in Joe's role in the beginning of GDWO. He'd have time to watch the pups, and then mean something throughout GDWO. It'd also help GB's self esteem if he got to help Orion be as brave as he is before dying. Joe's history never showed signs of him being bullied, but GB did. And we all know how much GB pushes himself when it comes down to being cornered in a situation. Plus, Joe cried when facing the smoke to find Orion ... Joe literally says in GDW that he's run out of tears and the only(?) time we see him cry, it's bloody tears. GB cries like.. all the time, so it makes sense xD

What're some ideas you guys have?

ImageImage
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: How Do You Want ___ To Die?

Post by Spirit Tree »

Oh boy, here we go.

I want Jyoushiro to just perish one way or another and I won’t give a damn.

Joke aside, Kyoushiro’s character has been so screwed up that Yoshi has been giving us some beliefs that Kyoushiro might die by the end of GDN. However, if that could happen (which I have been predicting), I hope Kyoushiro dies in a honorable and respectable way. I’m betting that he might sacrifice his life to save Orion from a deadly and fatal situation, like against the biggest villain of GDN that sneakily tries to make one desperate and final effort to kill Orion. Kyoushiro then dies in Orion’s arms, saying how much Orion has grown as a male and leader.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Oooh I like this!!

For some of the oldies like Gin, Akame, and Kurotora, as much as I want them to have epic final moments, I think the best thing suiting for Gin especially is him going peacefully in his sleep surrounded by his friends and family. I saw someone mention him even going to spend the last of his days with Daisuke, and he goes to summon the rest of Ohu to say their farewells to Gin. I think it would be fulfilling as well as deserved for this good old man. Also tragic to read.

Akame, well I don’t have anything completely set in stone, but I do really like the thought of him dying to save Tesshin!! Having Kurojaki confront him after death about it would be super neat, since A. Tesshin is Koga, and B. His son.

For Kurotora I sort of hope he goes out in a battle. Not some pointless death, but something reminiscent of Akatora. Him even blinding a baddie would be super cool, or even taking an eye like the “eye for an eye” metaphor. Him going out with a bang would seem like the best fit for him with his personality, and I’d really like to see him take inspiration from Akatora or even Chutora!
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Good topic!!

I also think that John died in a way that mattered and it had a huge affect to the story (and made me cry ofc)

I think that Smith and GB didn't do as much as they could've done, considering they paid for it with their lives. Smith should not have died the way he did, he should have liven longer and have a chance to do something else.

I'm still waiting how Gin will die. Since Riki is already dead, he's the next huge character that should already get buried. His death has to be huge, if it ain't, my trust in the series is destroyed :EMPTY:

I imagine Gin giving his life in a way that he protects the whole paradise, not just one dog.
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I would also like Gin to have a peaceful death. Like going back to spend the rest of his life with Daisuke before quietly passing away right next to him. That would be an honorable and respectful death for Gin.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
AkaiTsuki

Post by AkaiTsuki »

For the oldest veterans peaceful death would be most ideal, especially for Gin and Akame. Having passed down everything they ever knew to younger generations and potentially having peace finally be established all across territories of Japan, they could at last feel content.

I wish to see it one day as the true end for Ginga Legend.
"We must remember what truly matters."
Lad

Post by Lad »

I also wish the old characters could just die peacefully. But at this point maybe Yoshi will just tell us they're immortal because they were hit by alien light beams or whatever.
Noroi
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Noroi »

Please kill Kyoushiro/Joushiro I don't like the fact that he beats up kids even though he beats up Teru's father because he was beating Teru
so heroic I guess?
All the old characters peacefully(expect tesshin but I don't know if he counts although hes 17)
:noroi:!Noroi!:noroi:
Awesomely drawn banners made by Sanda and Gingastar!!!
Thank you!!! <3
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Gin? In Daisuke's arms, in his house. Kyoushiro? Preferably something heroic, in defense of a puppy.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”