Worst Ginga deaths

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Worst Ginga deaths

Post by Gingaddict »

SIRIUS - It was executed so poorly and everyone just let him to bleed to death because it seemed vengeance mattered more. If he was to die, there should have sole focus on it not half battle crazy. Sirius should've gone out better than this crap. I almost want Ohu to fall apart in GDN for their thoughtlessness here!

JOE - I once explained in Triggered Moments that this is for me, the moment where Ginga downhill, just kill a character and have only the author confirm it, BS!

FEMALE AND PUPPY SUICIDE - to me, this was just too heavy and way too much, even for a manga. It felt really unnecessarily violent and in your face. For this, all the Russian dogs should have been killed including Maxim because he didn't do anything about it even though he knew it was going to happen

VICTOR - I just wanted to see him suffer more in the worst possible way, if we had to watch/read how he killed females and puppies then I would be proud to watch him drown. Personally would have preferred it if he had just died by Weed's attacks rather than drowning.

KURANOSUKE - He survives the massacre of his family just to freeze to death???? WTF???? :bella4:

JAGUAR AND MUSASHI - considering how much they survived, and how quickly their passing is told, it felt like a cop out, especially Musashi, I didn't even know he was dead at the time he was hit! He never even got a passage to say he had fallen in battle! :jeromeder:

TONOV, KOTA AND JIROMARU - this is where I have seriously began to question GDN as being better than Last Wars, you leave us with a loose end for about a year to just have these characters killed??? :tfw_sirius4:

What do you think are the worst deaths?
Last edited by Gingaddict on Thu May 21, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Worst Ginga deaths

Post by JazzyJazz »

Monsoon and Sirius - Both should suffered way, way more. I wish Bob had gotten a piece of them both. :tfw_bella1: Orion should Battouga-ed Monsoon's head off.

Musashi and Jaguar - For the same reason as Gingaaddict. They survived the war against Akakabuto and yet they get one-shot killed by some random bears? Piss off.

Smith - His death amounted to absolutely nothing.

Hougen - Both of his deaths were done so that Weed wouldn't cry and bitch about his own allies killing someone, even though he spent the entire fucking fight trying to kill Hougen. Gin should've torn his brain out, plain and simple.

Masamune - His death was kinda badass, but the only reason that he had to kill himself was because Weed can't fucking fathom the idea of mercy killing someone, so it was either that or bleed out over a long period of time because killing him would be just sooooo cruel, right Weed? :OUT:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

GB, because HE SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED.

Lydia, because it's such a spit in the face death for a trained russian dog. Sigghhh...

And a lot of other answers here are good: Sirius/Monsoon since it should have had more respect than it did. Victor's death could have been so much more epic for the evil he's done and I don't even hate him!

ImageImage
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Dragon wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:21 am GB, because HE SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED.

Lydia, because it's such a spit in the face death for a trained russian dog. Sigghhh...
I agree on both of these so hard. WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THIS WAY?! :tfw_sirius5: :tfw_orion1:
JazzyJazz wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 11:26 pm Musashi and Jaguar - For the same reason as Gingaaddict. They survived the war against Akakabuto and yet they get one-shot killed by some random bears? Piss off.

Smith - His death amounted to absolutely nothing.
Yeah, I’m also skeptical about Musashi and Jaguar getting killed just like that. I mean they were two brave dogs that fought strongly against Akakabuto. So in the TLW situation, what the hell was going on right there?

I have Smith’s death in my Top Ten Saddest Deaths in the Ginga Series. And now that you mentioned how he died for nothing, Jazzy, I can’t believe he died for nothing.

Now for my own idea:

YUKIMURA - it was an absolute shame that both of Weed’s brother died, starting with Yukimura. If Joe was going to get killed off like that, why even kill off Yukimura to begin with? I would have loved to see Yukimura still living get more action. Weed got robbed!
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

I agree with Gingaddict and Jazzy Jazz about:

MUSHASHI and JAGUAR
Surviving Akakabuto, Hougen, Russian war dogs, and volcano eruption, but then they get abruptly and unceremoniously killed by Monsoon and hardly acknowledged later on. These guys have been around for more than 30 years and this is the treatment they get. It's not helped by the empty feel the ending gives us, so i never felt felt that the ending made justice to them being killed off.

SIRIUS
I always liked him, even if i his his morals were questionable. Hell everyone's morals were questionable. But anyway his death is so sad and like Gingaddict said, it drags on forever. It was like a never ending loop of pain and suffering before a bullet goes through one's head very suddenly.

LYDIA
An already watered down character from GDW and then killed of brutally and lazily as a plot device only to be used as an example why Monsoon had to be killed. So lame. Thumbs down definitely here.

GB
HE DIDN'T NEED TO DIE. He was always looked down on despite several moments of competence and usefulness. No one took him fully seriously until he got injured and ultimately died.

DISHONOURABLE MENTIONS:

TONOV, KOTA and JIROMARU
Once again unceremoniously killed off and used as a plot device to superficially show cruelty and excuse to violence and killing. Also Jerome and Reika losing more of their families is just rubbing salt to wounds
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Well have you seen the cut version of GNG anime?? XD the "death" of Riki was unbelievable.

But apart from that, Jerome's death in GDW anime. And also Smith's
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Moxi

Post by Moxi »

Sirius In my opinion is The worst they killed of a main character then just ended it plus he didn't deserve to die in such a way
Tonizerna
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Tonizerna »

Akatora was my favorite character, but why did he have to die
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Buckle up, I've got death-salt to share.
Sirius: This one is self-explanatory. I love Sirius to the stars and back, so I not only felt sick to my stomach watching him in agony but in seeing everyone ignoring his pleas too... and how his story of many hardships just ended so abruptly after all that development. It just felt like Yoshi had stopped caring not only about his characters, but his own story, and that's a tragedy in itself. Sirius was too good for this world. :sirius:

Monsoon: Abrupt and unpleasant. One of the few times we've seen a bear get some character development, only for him to be finished off with an insultingly OP slice of the throat... underwater. And we never even got proper clarification that Monsoon was dead beyond Orion claiming to have got his "weak spot" - that's coming from the same guy who we'd already seen making several mistakes with that precious sickle. I still wonder if Monsoon is really dead since his death was as hurried as Sirius' and we never actually got to see him dead... :monsoon:

Lydia: Just plain insulting. Lydia was a trained Russian war dog who'd fought a bear in the Hybrid Bear arc, so to see her graphically crushed by a bear was just... ugh. So unnecessary. :lydia:

Musashi and Jaguar: A staple character of GNG and the last of Moss' lineage, both of whom fought against Akakabuto and the bears of his fortress, wiped out by bears. I was neutral towards both of them, but they deserved better than that. :musashi: :jaguar:

Tonov: Was confirmed deceased in the volcanic eruption, watched his mother and 3 of his siblings die, was near-disowned by his father and brought back to life only to be killed off by Aka-ari pawns. Tonov could've re-educated his father about being a strong, selfless person who gave back to and protected the people who nurtured him. :tonov:

Hyena: Apparently had an awakening of courage... and proceeded to throw himself off a cliff to his death. I don't think it was ever implied that he even made it to save Ben unlike in the manga. :hyena:

Bill and Bemu: Again, characters that I was pretty neutral towards, but they still deserved better. :bill: :bemu:

Chutora: What. Happened. To. Him? Yoshi, why take 1/3rd of the Kai Brothers and give him an off-screen death under very mysterious circumstances? :gdwchutora:

Demon: I still think this one is shady...

Kyoushiro's Character: Enough said, LOL. :kyoushiro:
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Worst death was of Lloyd.Dude just appeared in the episode and got killed by Sniper without providing a fight.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

I will never not be angry about Lydia's death. She deserved so much better.

GB too. Seriously, what was the point of killing him off?
Unbothered. Moisturized. Happy. In My Lane. Focused. Flourishing

Bear photo by Dennis Field
Av by OsoAventuroso
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

Chutora only because we never got to see it and he was left to rot in the void forever
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Jerome's death in GDW anime. He is alive in manga so why kill him in the anime
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I'll add something yet unmentioned for variety: Thunder Wolf. Yes that kinda irrelevant bloke who fought Mukonga. Now why do I say this?

I think Mukonga's moment and fight with him was quite important for his character and center of attention for a bit, but when Mukonga triumphed (at the cost of his own life), I was just left wondering: "Wait what? Did he kill that other wolf?"

The answer is, yes he did, but it's never explicitly shown. For a series were bears and dogs/wolves get visibly beheaded, impaled and crushed, it just strikes me as hella weird how arguably the most important moment of that character's death (and also a semi-important moment for Mukonga who was dying) wasn't shown, if anything just implied.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Pretty much everyone in GTLW and GDN because either they didn't deserve it and even if they were gonna die it was in a lackluster way (most of them) or they didn't suffer enough (Sirius, Monsoon and fucking Bark Bark).

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”