What is the most unexpected thing that has happened in Ginga?

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

What is the most unexpected thing that has happened in Ginga?

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

You can also say something from GDN if you want to.

Since there will definitely be spoilers in this topic, then please, turn the spoilers into spoilers:)
Have a nice day!
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: What is the most unexpected thing that has happened in Ginga?

Post by Spirit Tree »

Unexpected things? I’ve seen things that were unexpected to me. Here’s one of them:

GDN Chapter 34:
Shuou, the Aka-ari army’s third king, blowing a big ass fart bomb at his follower’s faces! It’s supposedly humor, but it’s WAY gross!

You know what, here’s another one from GDN:

GDN Chapter 22:
Fucking Kyoushiro/Jyoushiro grabbing a puppy’s testicles! I mean what the hell, Jyoushiro?!

I may add more later. Not just from GDN but from the other mangas.

EDIT: You know what, screw it! How about this one as unexpected:

ALMOST EVERYTHING IN GTLW!!! :tfw_sirius4:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Spirit Tree wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:25 pm ALMOST EVERYTHING IN GTLW!!! :tfw_sirius4:
Well, that doesn't sound too good XD

But why do you then have GTLW as one of your favorites on your profile description? Hmmmmmmmm??:)
Have a nice day!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

GNG: Hyena unknowingly eating dog meat. I was caught off guard with this when i was a kid. I did suspect something strange but not cannibalism.

TLW: The way it ends , The unceremonious death of Lydia, Mushashi and Jaguar

practically everything in TLW to tell the truth

GDN: Hyena is Noah , also what Spirit Tree stated nuff said

These are pretty stand out examples for me, but for differing reasons
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

WolfKing wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:34 pm GNG: Hyena unknowingly eating dog meat. I was caught off guard with this when i was a kid. I did suspect something strange but not cannibalism.
Yeah, I would have NEVER expected cannibalism! I got a little scared of it as a child now that I remember XD It's not the nicest thing in the world... You know... Cannibalism.
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

All of GDN so far. Basically what WolfKing and Spirit Tree said so far. There is so much poor characterization (*coughcough*Kyoushiro*cough*) and the whole Noah thing being a big ass retcon.

Also the ending of TLW.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:30 pm
Spirit Tree wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:25 pm ALMOST EVERYTHING IN GTLW!!! :tfw_sirius4:

But why do you then have GTLW as one of your favorites on your profile description? Hmmmmmmmm??:)
Did you not see the “but not that much” part right next to it? Whatever then. I changed it to “least favorite” to make it more sense. Now you can tell me, “That’s better, Spirit.” LOL

I shall now reward you with two more unexpected things in Ginga. Two more from GDN:

Chapter 3:
Kyoushiro/Jyoushiro hitting the puppy named Hirota! That’s when us members started calling him “Jyoushiro.”

Chapter 12:
Jyoushiro does it again! What the fuck, Jyoushiro?!

You know what, dude, I’m rewarding you one more because why the hell not! :P4:

GDWO:
Unsai abruptly checking out Orion’s testicles when they both first met! Give me a damn break!

Once you read TLW, you’ll know why I see it as the most disappointing manga in Ginga. But it’s up to you to see it however you want to see it.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Actually, yanno what? Anything that involves touching or looking at genitalia in Ginga usually catches me off guard.

I feel like it really shouldn't since we have Hiro the ball-snatcher
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Spirit Tree wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:24 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 5:30 pm

Did you not see the “but not that much” part right next to it? Whatever then. I changed it to “least favorite” to make it more sense. Now you can tell me, “That’s better, Spirit.” LOL [/quote]

MUCH better Spirit! :)

[/quote]
I shall now reward you with two more unexpected things in Ginga. Two more from GDN:
[/quote]

Spectacular! It sounds like what I want! I'm not gonna read them tho:) I don't want spoilers:)

[/quote]
You know what, dude, I’m rewarding you one more because why the hell not! :P4:
[/quote]

Now, THIS is lovely!

[/quote]
Once you read TLW, you’ll know why I see it as the most disappointing manga in Ginga. But it’s up to you to see it however you want to see it.
[/quote]

I'm just gonna try and see all the positive things in it now when I'm gonna read it:) Honestly, the thing I care most about is the story. If Yoshihiro had an idea, and I will be able to see it, then I will probably like GTLW. But still, the characters do play a HUGE part in it as well! Even tho I might know what Yoshihiro wanted to do with GTLW (when I'm gonna read the manga), then if the characters are just a mess, then I will be outraged, since the characters are the ones that keep the story going, and if the characters are messed up, then the story won't be as good as intended! So if I have to listen to all these things I have heard so far about GTLW, then I am gonna have a painful time XD The only thing I really care about in the end, is a satisfying ending. As I have said, the most important thing to me is the story, and if the ending is spectacular, then the shitty moments will just look like a few "meh" moments, because the ending made it all tie-up, because it was good. That is literally the only thing I am hoping that Yoshihiro will pull of. A satisfying ending for us all. That is all I am asking from Ginga, and any other story that has ever existed. A fitting and good conclusion:)

EDIT: Sorry for all of these weird quote things. I haven't really figured out how to have more than one quote at a time XD please just take it this time. I used like 5 minutes of my life to try and do it XD
Last edited by Silver_Alchemist on Tue May 05, 2020 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Have a nice day!
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

GDN...existing. :Koyukisweat:
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:32 pm Actually, yanno what? Anything that involves touching or looking at genitalia in Ginga usually catches me off guard.

I feel like it really shouldn't since we have Hiro the ball-snatcher
When I was first introduced to Hiro, I WAS caught off guard! Then I just laughed when I heard his name XD The danish name for him is just so stupid. To be honest, you can have so many cool names in English, and when you translate it to danish... Well... I don't even wanna talk about it! NOTHING SOUNDS COOL IN DANISH!!! IT FRUSTRATES ME! I just want something cool from my language:( There is a few stuff that can sound cool, but it is literally only threads and puns. You can not make any cool names. Just threads and puns, because we have the most f*ck*d up curse words ever! They sound so horrible! But at least there is one thing where we are good at I guess.

I just realized that you can easily break someone's heart with a danish curse word XD Why does that have to be the thing where our language actually sounds cool? It's sad:(
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:40 pm EDIT: Sorry for all of these weird quote things. I haven't really figured out how to have more than one quote at a time XD please just take it this time. I used like 5 minutes of my life to try and do it XD
It would be (quote) text (/quote) but with [ and ] instead of the parentheses. :)
But it would only show a "blank" quote like this unless you put the post ID code in, which is the "quote=Silver_Alchemist post_id=83034 time=1588704030 user_id=3977" thing you see at the top of each quote when you're writing it!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:51 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 6:40 pm EDIT: Sorry for all of these weird quote things. I haven't really figured out how to have more than one quote at a time XD please just take it this time. I used like 5 minutes of my life to try and do it XD
It would be (quote) text (/quote) but with [ and ] instead of the parentheses. :)
But it would only show a "blank" quote like this unless you put the post ID code in, which is the "quote=Silver_Alchemist post_id=83034 time=1588704030 user_id=3977" thing you see at the top of each quote when you're writing it!
Thank you for this:) Now let's see if I will remember it later on XD
Have a nice day!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

In my first go of GDW, I was shocked by the dopplegangers xD (Thanks to @Knight for reminding me about that =w= )

In recent time... I couldn't believe that Yoshi forgot that he drew Hyena dead/as a ghost already and BROUGHT HIM BACK TO LIFE AS A REAL CHARACTER.
I also couldnt believe, in GDWO, that Weed would beat his kid and exile him in front of everyone... his kid, not even a year old yet, being exiled in front of the almighty ohu leader. Weed has fallen very low =l it's one thing to throw a tantrum on your ADULT subordinate for disobeying you, but your own small child!?

ImageImage
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Probably just echoing what everyone else has already said, but;

The debauchery of Kyoushiro's character. :kyoushiro:
Weed turning out to be a piss-poor parent. :weed:
Hyena being canonically dead yet written back into the story as Noah. Remember when we were all speculating who Noah could be and nobody got it right because we weren't expecting Yoshi to start caring so little that he forgot Hyena was a ghost? I suppose I'm grateful for Hyena's tale of redemption getting expanded, though. Hyena was never really going to be one of my favourites for everything that he was in GNG... but Noah is a bona fide gentleman and I love him. :noah:
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

Pretty much everything in Ginga Noah has been unexpected but not really in a good way
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by JazzyJazz »

Honestly, Sirius' death, since Yoshi prefers killing the red brother over the blue brother. It's not a bad thing ofc but still. Just wish he'd stay dead.
ZackThePuppy
Veteran
Veteran

Post by ZackThePuppy »

I'm surprised no one mentioned those dogs in GDWO that killed a bear by going up its' asshole and bursting through its stomach like an alien.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

ZackThePuppy wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 5:07 am I'm surprised no one mentioned those dogs in GDWO that killed a bear by going up its' asshole and bursting through its stomach like an alien.
Yeah, that is just... :orion4: :tfw_rigel2: :jeromeder: :OUT:

------------------

And speaking of alien...

Alien ass worms. :jeromeder: :tfw_aokabuto2: :OUT:
shiki123

Post by shiki123 »

like eveything in the gng serie , idk if other countrys has 2 versions of the manga serie but in sweden we have one in swedish where all like really bloody scens are removed , like 20 minuts of the end was cut and when they fought the 4 other bears and lost half of the army was also cut

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”