Unpopular Opinion (Ginga version)

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Vicutooru

Re: Unpopular Opinion (Ginga version)

Post by Vicutooru » Fri May 31, 2019 9:23 am

I dont like Hiro and everything about his ball snatching personality. It was painful to see from the beginning of his appearance in gdw and i felt sorry for every single victim of his torturing method to emasculate them. Its just not funny. :KRUMP:
:EMPTY:

JazzyJazz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JazzyJazz » Fri May 31, 2019 6:08 pm

I think people are too hard on Bella, especially in GDWO. I know Ginga could use a female with a personality and role beyond "needing to be rescued/having puppies", but Bella I think gets antagonized too much since she's Weed's daughter. Yeah, it sucks that she's in the background, but I think it's unfair to berate her for being a crybaby, considering she's been in a volcanic eruption that separated her from her family, and for months, she's been in the freezing cold, not knowing if her family and friends are dead or alive, and eventually separated from everyone entirely to live with some humans. The AUs of Bella being a badass are cool, but I feel like those don't give her real character development. Idk, maybe I'm just thinking too hard about it.

My favorites of the Bearhound Fam:
:gin: :riki: :orion: :rigel: :bella:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu » Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:03 pm

Mkay I know this is going to sound horrible but

Gin forbidding his soldiers from killing Akakabuto's infant cubs was 100% the worst way to handle the situation at hand
The only time anything good comes out of it is when Monsoon has flashbacks to Gin saving his life when he sees Sirius, and even that comes off as a massive asspull because it only happens with Sirius, not with, y'know, Gin himself, and regardless of what you think of Sirius (or my opinion of Sirius), it only serves to undermine his message: the only reason Monsoon doesn't smash him into little sticky bits when he starts attempting to communicate with him is purely because he looks like Gin, not some latent goodness in his heart or whatever the narrative was probably going for. "He's totally a good guy, but if you don't look like a carbon copy of the guy who saved his life as a kid, he'd kill you and eat you without a second thought."

Anyway, all in all letting the soldiers kill all bears except the cubs is just moronic. You've murdered their families (sometimes in front of their eyes), driven them from their home, and they've inherited the worst disposition in all of Japan from their father, no shit they're going to plot revenge! Either forbid the soldiers from killing the bears at all, maybe at most allow them to drive them away from your territory (which is admittedly still a bit risky, but would involve far less childhood traumas than what actually happened), or just tell them to sniff out and kill every single bear on the mountains, regardless of age or gender, maybe even put up a bounty system so that dogs all over Japan know to kill red-maned bears on sight, until you're absolutely sure that Akakabuto's lineage has been stamped out for good (which would be a very effective if, y'know, absolutely and utterly horrible solution). But going down the middle road like Gin did is just pure insanity.

Banners and avatar by me

Dragon
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Dragon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:21 am

Digsu wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:03 pm
The only time anything good comes out of it is when Monsoon has flashbacks to Gin saving his life when he sees Sirius, and even that comes off as a massive asspull because it only happens with Sirius, not with, y'know, Gin himself, and regardless of what you think of Sirius (or my opinion of Sirius), it only serves to undermine his message: the only reason Monsoon doesn't smash him into little sticky bits when he starts attempting to communicate with him is purely because he looks like Gin, not some latent goodness in his heart or whatever the narrative was probably going for. "He's totally a good guy, but if you don't look like a carbon copy of the guy who saved his life as a kid, he'd kill you and eat you without a second thought."
LMAO this is a really sad realization. Sirius was never right from the start. It was Gin's single kindness that saved Sirius' chance from the very start. So in a not 'plot armor' world, realistically, the story would have ended in half of what it was XD man... just sad.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”