Your Ginga Collection

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Your Ginga Collection

Post by Arano »

Post your collection here!

What is your most expensive item?

Do you have a favourite?

What's your collection grail that you're trying to get?
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Your Ginga Collection

Post by Regnant »

I used to have a huge collection, but now I've narrowed it down to mostly my favorites. My full list is at https://gingamerch.com/user/?id=1

Most Expensive: Promo Weed by far. I had to sell the rest of my other Ginga plushies to afford it. But I love him~

Favorites: Promo Weed, GNG Phonebook mangas (full set so it's all big and beautiful), Hopeanuoli Tin edition DVD, GNG Episode 4 cels

Trying to Get: rest of the GDW 1st edition obis (1-4, 7, 8, 31), PurePlastic Weed (I had to sell the other one I had sadly), and I'd love to get my hands on the Yamato Reversi game!
Image Image
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

- Small Gin plush, total cost was 2000 euros.

Do you have a favourite?
- Big Ben plush.

- Every Shounen Jump, Goraku etc. magazine that contains Takahashi's dog series.

And here's The collection. Pictures also!
And in GingaMerch: https://gingamerch.com/user/?id=3.
Last edited by methpring on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

I finally have a decent photo of my collection so far!

What isn't shown above:
:gb: GB and Kagetora GDW anime studio sheets (inside the cardboard tube)
:lloyd: GNG Trading Card 26 (recently bought from FutagoShop)
:gama: Kacchuu no Senshi Gamu 3rd Edition (currently in the post)
:riki: Fan-made GNG "Battle for Futago Pass" board game (recently gotten in the post!)

Here's a link to my collection on GingaMerch!
https://gingamerch.com/user/?id=11

:george: My small George plush, which was only $350 (USD) total. A crazy good price for how much I usually see him go for!

Do you have a favourite?
:belmond: Shounen Jump 1988 Kacchuu no Senshi Gamu debut w/ color pages
:kurotora: Kurotora figure
:george: Geroge plush
:ken: Ken plush
:gin: GNG board game
:lloyd: My little GNG trading card #26 that has a Lloyd cameo

:george: George plush (obtained!)
:ken: Ken plush (obtained!)
:kagetora: Kagetora plush
:lloyd: Lloyd cel
:gamu: All editions of Kacchuu no Senshi Gamu (needed: 1st edition vol. 1-2, Finnish vol. 1-2)
:weed: GDW bunkoban volumes
Last edited by Tikikata on Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

My Ginga Collection on Ginga Merch

As soon I got all right and living bigger, I will take pics of my own stuff. ^^

- My Kagetora plushi. It costed a bit over 2'000 SEK. Mum though I was crazy. XD

Do you have a favourite?
- My Meteor Gin book with both the autograph of Mr. Takahashi himself, and the GB members I met at TraCon 2011. ^^

- A Rocket plushie!
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Collection (not sure if up-to-date yet)
https://gingamerch.com/user/?id=5

Probably this cel cost me the most: http://parade.rubberslug.com/gallery/in ... mID=380734

Do you have a favourite?
Hmm, well the manga are the best but nothing too special about owning some regular edition manga. So collection wise, probably one of my Hakuro cels and my PurePlastic Mel plush (which is so adorable <3).

Nothing comes to mind.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Astor
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Astor »

I will have to make an account on Ginga Merch, but for now, I found a list I made on an old Tumblr, so I hope its not too long of a post! (Turns out I already had an account that I had forgotten about XD )

In total, I paid the most for all of the GNG First Edition books, but now my Weed would be worth the most, despite only paying £40 at the time.

Do you have a favourite?
My Weed plush will always be my fave.

Kagetora, Gin and Riki plushes would be a dream. I do wanna get all of the newer plushes too eventually.

Collection
  • Ginga Nagareboshi Gin Volumes 1-18 (First Edition 1984 - 1987))
  • Ginga Nagareboshi Gin Volume 1 (Second Edition Sept 1993)
  • Ginga Legend Weed Volume
  • Ginga Densetsu Weed Volume 30
  • Ginga Densetsu Weed Volume 60
  • Ginga Densetsu Weed Meishoubu Retsuden
  • Weed Gaiden
  • Shin Gaiden
  • Shin Gaiden 2 - Remix
  • Ginga Densetsu Akame Volume 1
  • Ginga Densetsu Akame Volume 2
  • Ginga Densetsu Riki
  • Ginga Densetsu Weed: Orion Volume 1
  • Ginga: The Last Wars Volume 1
  • Bootleg DVDs that my parents bought me XD
  • Ginga Densetsu Weed Official Soundtrack - Y2 DOGS
  • A whole bunch of the studio references printed in a folder that again, my parents had put together for me on year
Image Image 2
  • Small Weed Plush
  • Full set of 21 Ginga Densetsu Weed Figures
  • PLUSH an extra Ken Figure

And the one that started it all!
  • The Dog Collection Magazine Issue 49 - Akita
Image Image 2 Image 3
Last edited by Astor on Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caninesrock
Supreme
Supreme

Post by caninesrock »

Well, my Ginga collection is fairly small, but I do have a few of the manga.

1st Edition Japanese GNG Volumes 1, 2, and 5
1st Edition Japanese GDW Volume 56
1st Edition Japanese Yamato Volume 16
^
All the above my sister got me as gifts from a used bookstore in Japan when she visited while she was teaching English in South Korea.

Ginga Legend Weed English volume 1
^
This was a lucky find for me in a local used book store.Got it for only like $5. Actually, I had also gotten volumes 2 and 3 as well for the same price, but sadly, some years ago when I really needed money, I sold them on Amazon. Now if I want them again, I'd have to pay the Amazon prices to get them back which is like $30+ last time I looked. :/

Other Books I Want to Add to My Collection: Replacements of the English volumes of Weed that I sold, Japanese and/or Finish edition of FANG manga, some more Yamato manga, the Japanese White Lotus manga, preferably first edition, wolf arc GNG first edition manga volumes, Russian dog arc first edition GDW manga volumes, Lassie manga, Weed Gaiden manga, Shin Gaiden manga, maybe some Gamu manga, Farewell Wolves of the North in either the magazine or his other manga series with the tiger. Speaking of, I'd like all volumes of that tiger manga series as well. Maybe the GDW artbook and GNG databook.

Other Merchandise I Want to Add to My Collection: Maybe the small bronze John figure, Danish or Swedish 2007 GDW DVDs (can't speak either language, but just think those editions have the prettiest DVD covers out of all of them) , Jerome Japanese plush (if it ever gets reasonably priced), Jerome coaster, Jerome Figure, Jerome Finnish Plush, Jerome Keychain, Jerome straps, maybe Japanese John plush (if it ever gets reasonably priced), maybe GDW John figure, Kaibutsu figure, Pachinko DVD, Pachinko Machine (like it would ever be affordable though) , Rivals Yamato badge, Monster in Paradise GDW poster, and Gin and Noroi Iphone Case, and one of the GDW and GNG dvds with English subs (yes, I know those are all bootleg).
Capt. Snugglebottom
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Capt. Snugglebottom »

It was my Small Gin Plush - Now its my Kagetora Plush

Do you have a favourite?
My plushies are my favourites - But out of all of them, my ultimate favourite is my Small Weed. I got him incredibly used and cleaned him up pretty good. He's not perfect but he's a lot better than he was.

I'm not actively collecting Ginga anymore - but my grail is and has been a Rocket Plush (Small - the large one is gross looking).
Not a Creep
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Weed World Vol 5 @ $55 CAD without shipping for single item. GDW omnibus (My Big Special) collection as a group ($8 each).

Do you have a favourite?
WEED WORLD LOL. Artbook, Yamato bookmark, GNG volume 6 4th edition (a gift from Crystal!)

GDW Soundtrack, Weed figure garage kit, rest of Weed World, GNG wolf arc omnibus, GDW phone straps, GDW Clear flies, GDW manga boxes.
SCatz

Post by SCatz »

Definitely Promo Weed plush, but majority of the plushes were hella expensive.

Do you have a favourite?
I like all of the ones I have really. It's hard to choose.
I do like the small curly tailed Weed.

I'm content with what I've got. I've gotten a good chunk of the plushes, minus the bigger variations of some characters. Check them out on my DA page if you'd like: https://shinytoydinosaurs.deviantart.co ... -689042754
RiKyy
Mentor
Mentor

Post by RiKyy »

I will fresh the site in the next week, but here is my collection: https://rikyy.weebly.com/ :) :riki:

My collection site: https://rikyy.weebly.com/
Check it :riki:
Bolty
Potential
Potential

Post by Bolty »

My Collection --> My Ginga Merch

The 3rd edition of Shiroi Senshi Yamato I think

Do you have a favourite?
The 18 volumes of GNG <3

Kacchu no Senshi Gamu and some plushies for PurePlastic

:akatora: :ben: :benizakura: :gb: :gin: :kurotora: :jerome: :gdwjohn: :riki: :tesshin: :toube:
Lingo
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Lingo »

I believe it's my Top SangYo GB!

Do you have a favourite?
I believe my current favorite item in my collection at the moment is my recently obtained PurePlastic Tesshin!

Kurojaki figure is my grail to end all grails when it comes to Ginga merch >:]
And plush! You can never have enough Ginga plush!

My current collection! https://gingamerch.com/user/?id=93
Lune
Friend
Friend

Post by Lune »

I don't know how much either go for, but I have the full 3rd edition of the GNG manga and the first 40 volumes of GDW (both Japanese)! Just by sheer amount of books alone I'd imagine that the Weed series is the more expensive of the two though, but I'm not sure.

Do you have a favourite?

GNG 3rd edition - the paper quality is lovely and the pocket size is great for travel! Back in my high school days I liked to sneak a copy into my jacket pocket to "read" between classes; my Japanese is only rudimentary but the art is definitely a joy to look at.

And as wonky as the official GDW figures are, I have those too! I have a set that I keep as-is and a set that I've been meaning to give a better coat of paint. One of these days I will, and when that happens that might make that set more of a favorite for me!

One of these days I would love to get a Pureplastic plush of one of the GDW characters! I haven't decided who though, and I'd rather wait until I've worked more at my job before getting in contact with someone who could be a middleman for that.
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

I don't have any merch quite yet due to struggling to save up money let alone make it :EMPTY: But I'm hoping to eventually get some of the figurines and PP plushies!
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Terrier
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Terrier »

Used to have a lot of the mangas when I was younger and a few of the GDW figures

Now I just have my small John plush. <3 Which … of course is my most expensive and favorite item. ;p Who woulda thunk
He fortunately still has his tag and currently holds my college key / ID on a lanyard on his neck :D

Only plan on collecting the plushies as there's so few of them and they're pretty elusive (although definitely not cheap). Would want Gin, Riki, or TI Weed the most next … maybe Jerome, too.
Satsuma

Post by Satsuma »

- I guess the pachinko machine is the most expensive item in my collection. I paid 1300€ for it.

Do you have a favorite?
- All the items are dear to me but I tend to like the older and rarer stuff the most in my collection. My favorite items at the moment are the GNG coloring book, GNG sandals and the GNG chopsticks.

- I'm a sucker for full sets so my dream would be to collect all the GNG figures in 1st and 2nd sets in all colors. This could take years but I am in no rush. ^^ I'm also dreaming of collecting all the GNG waffle stickers some day.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Satsuma wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:08 pm What is your most expensive item?
- I guess the pachinko machine is the most expensive item in my collection. I paid 1300€ for it.

Do you have a favorite?
- All the items are dear to me but I tend to like the older and rarer stuff the most in my collection. My favorite items at the moment are the GNG coloring book, GNG sandals and the GNG chopsticks.

- I'm a sucker for full sets so my dream would be to collect all the GNG figures in 1st and 2nd sets in all colors. This could take years but I am in no rush. ^^ I'm also dreaming of collecting all the GNG waffle stickers some day.
Just want to say that I'm a great admirer of your collection! Like you I particularly like the older and rarer GNG items, I enjoy seeing when you update your deviantart gallery with something new :)
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

I guess you can say my collection is quite big, but I feel it's small compared to some of ya'lls.

- Most currently expensive would probably be my large Top Sangyo Weed plush although I paid $50 for it back when they came out. He still has his tag.
- Most expensive item I bought was the GNG boardgame which cost me roughly $400. Only missing the Akatora piece and one of the Gin figurines.

Do you have a favorite?
- I'm very proud of my only GNG cel with a dog and it features badass puppy Gin.
- Also very proud to own TWO full sets of GNG trading cards with boxes and cards still in packing.
- And this particular bundle with small John and Ben plushies along with my (tiny) collection of GNG figurines and pretty rare GNG milkcaps. I'm particularly proud of the caps as I've only seen them pop up a couple of times.

- More cels of GNG, particularly dogs. I would DIE for a Kurojaki, Riki or Kurotora cel. Also the Riki plush!! Character sheets from both GNG and GDW to get the remaining ones I am missing.

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”