Ginga confessions

General discussion of topics that encompass more than one of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series, as well as topics relating to Takahashi himself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Re: Ginga confessions

Post by Dragon » Tue May 18, 2021 11:09 am

As cool of an arc it was, Yukimura's final battle with Shogun is hard to watch because of all the axe killings ;;;
Sharp weapons always made me squirmy and Yoshi went all out with how realistic Shogun's sloppy slices would hurt the others. Heads getting just part of an ear cut off, that one traitor monkey's imperfect cut, even Yukimura's stab and being held up by the stick was like AAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I still feel this way about Kurojaki VS Akame with the sickle, Hayato's death, and Orion's finishing attack on Monsoon too. ~.~

..BUT DOGS CUTTING WITH THEIR FANGS ARE OK. Weird brain :tfw_sirius2:

Shining Sirius
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Shining Sirius » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:45 pm

I always struggle to remember which of the doberman assassins is Thunder and which one is Lecter. :thunder: :lecter:

I've used their smilies here to remind me for the hundredth time, but I can guarantee you that I will have forgotten again in about an hour's time. :yama1:
:riki: :gin: :john: :ben: :gdwcross: :akatora: :moss: :akame: :benizakura: :terry: :mangahakuro: :mukonga: :thousanddragon: :gaia: :weed: :hook: :jerome: :kaibutsu: :reika: :toube: :saheiji: :gdwokotetsu: :sirius: :monsoon: :bearchibi: :noah: :lonelyron: :bull: :belmond:

KremlinJill
Defender
Defender

Post by KremlinJill » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:52 am

The dog fighting arcs/characters never really bothered me since they were so fantastical, yet I shudder at the (Pit Bull) fight writeups in my vintage dog books. :THOT:

Dragon wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:09 am
As cool of an arc it was, Yukimura's final battle with Shogun is hard to watch because of all the axe killings ;;;
Sharp weapons always made me squirmy and Yoshi went all out with how realistic Shogun's sloppy slices would hurt the others. Heads getting just part of an ear cut off, that one traitor monkey's imperfect cut, even Yukimura's stab and being held up by the stick was like AAAAAAAAAAAAA.
I still feel this way about Kurojaki VS Akame with the sickle, Hayato's death, and Orion's finishing attack on Monsoon too. ~.~

..BUT DOGS CUTTING WITH THEIR FANGS ARE OK. Weird brain :tfw_sirius2:
Possibly because axes/sickles etc are human. We see them go in and our monkey brain goes 'that could happen to me!' while fangs don't have the same strong effect(?)
Yukimura's arc was probably the goriest one tbh

Return to “General Talk About Takahashi's Works”