Namonaki Inu no Uta

General discussion of all things related to other manga series by Yoshihiro Takahashi.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Re: Namonaki Inu no Uta

Post by YamaDora »

It was made because Takahashi visited Finland. The story apparently has a message for the Finnish Ginga fans.
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

YamaDora wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:46 pm It was made because Takahashi visited Finland. The story apparently has a message for the Finnish Ginga fans.
What kind of message? It seemed like a fairly normal Ginga story to me... albeit redundant in the first chapter.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Wolpard wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 9:39 pm
YamaDora wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:46 pm It was made because Takahashi visited Finland. The story apparently has a message for the Finnish Ginga fans.
What kind of message? It seemed like a fairly normal Ginga story to me... albeit redundant in the first chapter.
I don't own the story myself so I haven't read it, but there should be be a sidenote somewhere saying something along the lines "Ginga has taken over Finland" or something like that. I don't think the message is in the story itself.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Aaa, so this is why John is all over GNG promo art, because John was a favorite there? O:

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:48 am Aaa, so this is why John is all over GNG promo art, because John was a favorite there? O:
I don't think John is particularly super-popular in Finland, just a popular character among the fandom in general.

Also this is obviously just my guess, but I don't think John being retconned into being from Finland is because of his (supposed) popularity with Finnish fans, Yoshi just wanted to "bring him back" in the form of Andy and decided to throw his Finnish fans a bone on the side. Similarly I'm assuming that Namonaki Inu no Uta being "dedicated" to his Finnish fans was an afterthought and the story was intended to just be a generic story about one of the many, many "nameless" dogs who fought and died in the battle against Akakabuto.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 6:56 am Yoshi just wanted to "bring him back" in the form of Andy
Veeeerry true, you can really tell Yoshi freakin' loves John. I almost feel bad he killed him off early, but it was such a touching scene, I don't regret it.

ImageImage
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I actually liked the side story of them :3
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

I read this story a few times, and I think it's wonderful. I really like how it gives out a thankful message to the Finnish community.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I liked it but I think it should have been in the Gaiden series, it felt like it could fit in there perfectly.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Derry
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Derry »

Gingaddict wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:00 am it should have been in the Gaiden series, it felt like it could fit in there perfectly.
Agreed. That would make it more accessible, I think, and also it could have been translated into Finnish too, if it was included in the Gaidens.
:masamune:

Return to “Other Yoshihiro Takahashi Works”