Ginga: the First Wars

General discussion related to spin off short stories from the main Ginga series. Current subforums: Ginga Densetsu Riki, Ginga no Inutachi, Ginga Densetsu Anju to Jiromaru and the Gaiden series.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Regnant »

Tora wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:04 pm
Arano wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:31 pm The manga is the same size as usual, here it is in a box with volume 22 of last wars:
https://twitter.com/mirumon09/status/11 ... 03520?s=19

I think that other Twitter photo is taken from a false perspective?
Could most likely be then. If there was more manga vols in that and TFW was a bit higher up then TLW.
That what I was thinking. There's maybe 1 or 2 TLW books and then a whole stack of TFW in that other twitter photo. Or like 1 package set of books compared to 2 package sets of books.
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

My copy of TFW volume 1 (or copies rather, I ordered two so I can use the other for scans) just arrived. Turns out that it includes all the chapters we've seen thus far, including chapter 16 from last month. At the very end there's also a couple four-panel comic strips starring the various random animals we've seen thus far. It shouldn't take me long to translate those so I'll probably be uploading them to the TFW translation topic in a few hours. (also I'll naturally get to translating chapter 5, which is the only chapter we're currently missing, after that's done)

The book is the exact same height and width as normal manga volumes, as seen in that tweet Arano linked to.

The text bubbles of the older chapters have all had furigana added to them.

Lastly, the obi has an ad for TLW 22.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Ohh thank you! So there're gonna no more TFW volumes?
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Raki wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:59 pm Ohh thank you! So there're gonna no more TFW volumes?
Considering there's a 1 on the volume, and it's still being published in Monthly Goraku, there will be more!
Image Image
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Looking good! I sure look forward to more ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Regnant wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:11 pm
Raki wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2019 3:59 pm Ohh thank you! So there're gonna no more TFW volumes?
Considering there's a 1 on the volume, and it's still being published in Monthly Goraku, there will be more!
Wonderful! I'm looking forward it! Thanks!! :EXCITE:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I just noticed something interesting: they've actually changed some of the text in chapter 1.

In the original magazine version, Orion accuses his siblings of being dickless and Bella gets mad at him for using such coarse language in front of a lady.

In the book version, it's this instead:

:orion: And you call yourselves males?!
:bella: I'm a girl, dumb big bro!

This, along with the added furigana, seems to support my theory that the book release of TFW is marketed at a younger audience than the original magazine version.

edit: original panels for science

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:25 am I just noticed something interesting: they've actually changed some of the text in chapter 1.

In the original magazine version, Orion accuses his siblings of being dickless and Bella gets mad at him for using such coarse language in front of a lady.

This, along with the added furigana, seems to support my theory that the book release of TFW is marketed at a younger audience than the original magazine version.

Nice catch Digsu!
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:25 am I just noticed something interesting: they've actually changed some of the text in chapter 1.

Sweet catch on that!
I like to know if there's more language change between in Goraku and final in volume. That's pretty interesting. ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I haven't noticed any other differences in the dialogue itself, but for some reason some of the chapter names have been changed.

1 Boiling Blood (滾る血) --> Crossing the Cliff (崖越)
2 Killing Technique (必殺技) --> Battouga (抜刀牙)
3 Monster (怪物) --> P4
11 Ninjutsu (忍術) --> Ninja Dog (忍犬)
13 Lord of Terror (恐怖の支配者) --> Aokabuto (青カブト)

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:06 pm I haven't noticed any other differences in the dialogue itself, but for some reason some of the chapter names have been changed.

1 Boiling Blood (滾る血) --> Crossing the Cliff (崖越)
2 Killing Technique (必殺技) --> Battouga (抜刀牙)
3 Monster (怪物) --> P4
11 Ninjutsu (忍術) --> Ninja Dog (忍犬)
13 Lord of Terror (恐怖の支配者) --> Aokabuto (青カブト)
Wow... O.o

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
CrownedCanine
Fighter
Fighter

Post by CrownedCanine »

Any idea of when/if First Wars will start producing chapters again? :O
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Does anyone know how many color picture was used to promote TFW? And where the pictures were used? (Like cover of Manga Goraku etc.) I'm hoping to get some promotion material for TLW (as it's being translated in Finnish), but so far I only have the cover...
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Uru wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:21 pm Does anyone know how many color picture was used to promote TFW? And where the pictures were used? (Like cover of Manga Goraku etc.) I'm hoping to get some promotion material for TLW (as it's being translated in Finnish), but so far I only have the cover...
These images were all posted online by Tsuji Tsukasa to promo the series. I don't believe any of them were ever used in printed materials, aside from the very first image as a cropped version was used on the cover of the first Goraku Special it appeared in.
SPOILER

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

THEY BEFRIEND A BOAR?! this is crazy. I really miss seeing more of this series </3

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 1:52 am THEY BEFRIEND A BOAR?! this is crazy. I really miss seeing more of this series </3
Unfortunately, that image was just made to celebrate 2019 being a year of the boar and the boar piglet isn't a character who actually showed up in the series proper
:tfw_orion1:

Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

i really do hope we see more, it's good to see the four pups work together as a team, which I wish was a reality in the actual stories.
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Uru
Friend
Friend

Post by Uru »

Digsu wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:04 pm
Uru wrote: Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:21 pm Does anyone know how many color picture was used to promote TFW? And where the pictures were used? (Like cover of Manga Goraku etc.) I'm hoping to get some promotion material for TLW (as it's being translated in Finnish), but so far I only have the cover...
These images were all posted online by Tsuji Tsukasa to promo the series. I don't believe any of them were ever used in printed materials, aside from the very first image as a cropped version was used on the cover of the first Goraku Special it appeared in.
SPOILER
Thanks! These will be a huge help!
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

I hope they make another of these. It was fun to read and see the characters not be so serious all the time :tfw_sirius3: :orion3: :tfw_rigel3: :tfw_bella2:
Cubes

Post by Cubes »

The first time I saw this I was sooo weirded out by it but I have grown fond of how cute they look now :bon2:

Return to “Other Ginga Related Manga”