Ginga: the First Wars

General discussion related to spin off short stories from the main Ginga series. Current subforums: Ginga Densetsu Riki, Ginga no Inutachi, Ginga Densetsu Anju to Jiromaru and the Gaiden series.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Re: Ginga: the First Wars

Post by Arano »

New chapter!

https://twitter.com/Dino_roko/status/10 ... 3300408320

A super cute Kurotora makes an appearance XD and so do him and his brothers chibi-fied fighting the snake as pups ;D;
Tikikata
Legend
Legend

Post by Tikikata »

Arano wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:42 pm New chapter!

A super cute Kurotora makes an appearance XD and so do him and his brothers chibi-fied fighting the snake as pups ;D;
I'm crying

I love Kurotora sooooo much HE'S SO CUTE -cries-
GingaBoard's Resident Lloyd Fan
:belmond: :kurotora: :lloyd: :hyakkiga: My Twitch || My Twitter :george: :ken: :lydia: :unsai:

Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Arano wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:42 pm New chapter!

I... think we need some context here :derpgin: Why are the pups (very ineffectively) ganging up on Kurotora?

Also what on earth are Rigel and Bella attempting to do in this panel? Aside from tickling poor Kuro to death but I assume that might have been unintentional.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

LOL
Did Yoshi come in to guest draw Kurotora or something? Looks like his style came back on kurotora, but mixing in with the other guy's chibi style. Though Kurotora's toes are drawn a little different... so maybe not.

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:33 pm LOL
Did Yoshi come in to guest draw Kurotora or something? Looks like his style came back on kurotora, but mixing in with the other guy's chibi style. Though Kurotora's toes are drawn a little different... so maybe not.
Pretty sure that's just Tsuji Tsukasa copying Yoshi's style. It looks close, but it's just different enough that you can tell something's off. The panel where the pups are in a pile (or possibly fused into some sort of fluffy Lovecraftian monstrosity - it's a bit hard to tell) in particular has him looking a lot fatter than usual.

Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Haha can't wait for this one!
icon by azzai
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I adore the Kai bros as pups in that flashback. XD
Can't this come out in a manga volume already? I wanna read! XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

OMG the pups in the pile is so adorable!! XD And poor Kurotora is ticklish XD

YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

http://twitter.com/BETSUGORAKU/status/1 ... 437634?p=v

I think this is the first colored art we've gotten out of this manga? I also wonder what this tweet is about...
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Doragon wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:34 pm http://twitter.com/BETSUGORAKU/status/1 ... 437634?p=v

I think this is the first colored art we've gotten out of this manga? I also wonder what this tweet is about...
It appears to be an ad for a service called Goraku Egg. I'm guessing it's some sort of subscription-based online service for certain comics?

Following the link in the tweet leads to this page, which in turn has links to four complete TFW chapters.

Part 1 (the one with Orion's dramatic jump)
Part 2 (the Battouga one)
Part 3 (here they visit the lab Kaibutsu was created in, I think?)
Part 4 (guest-starring Akame)

I wonder if the paid service gives you online access to all TLW chapters...? If someone could figure it out we have a far easier time getting them. Or maybe I'm horribly mistaken about what the Goraku Egg even is. :derpgin:

edit: Upon further research I'm not 100% sure anymore that it's a paid service, just a partial archive of the chapters published in the monthly special. While the first three chapters are labeled 1, 2, and 3, the fourth one is simply "newest chapter". Maybe the first three are permanently up while the fourth changes each month (or more frequently, the banner at the top seems to say at least some of the comics are updated on the 10th, 20th, and 30th of each month)?

Another possibility is that there's a selection of free comics and the ones you have to pay for are separate - the bottom of the page seems to have various series locked behind a paywall like that. A third possibility is that the selection of free and paid-for comics cycles periodically. I don't know I'm confused now.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

I freakin loved the first one LOL;;;;;;

I think I'll need to know what's going on for the 2nd one though...

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Dragon wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:44 pm I freakin loved the first one LOL;;;;;;

The first and second ones can be found translated on the Silver Fang Legend Reader.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:09 pm
Doragon wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:34 pm http://twitter.com/BETSUGORAKU/status/1 ... 437634?p=v

It appears to be an ad for a service called Goraku Egg. I'm guessing it's some sort of subscription-based online service for certain comics?

Following the link in the tweet leads to this page, which in turn has links to four complete TFW chapters.

I wonder if the paid service gives you online access to all TLW chapters...? If someone could figure it out we have a far easier time getting them. Or maybe I'm horribly mistaken about what the Goraku Egg even is. :derpgin:

edit: Upon further research I'm not 100% sure anymore that it's a paid service, just a partial archive of the chapters published in the monthly special. While the first three chapters are labeled 1, 2, and 3, the fourth one is simply "newest chapter". Maybe the first three are permanently up while the fourth changes each month (or more frequently, the banner at the top seems to say at least some of the comics are updated on the 10th, 20th, and 30th of each month)?

Another possibility is that there's a selection of free comics and the ones you have to pay for are separate - the bottom of the page seems to have various series locked behind a paywall like that. A third possibility is that the selection of free and paid-for comics cycles periodically. I don't know I'm confused now.
IIieeep!!! Finally able to see more of The first Wars!!

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Digsu wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:09 pm

That's awesome!
There was some other manga I was reading that released chapters online for free by the publisher (I think the earlier chapters started to be taken offline after a while?). I wonder what kind of marketing strategy that is, but it's great to see these chapters.
Dragon wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:44 pm I freakin loved the first one LOL;;;;;;

That image is GOLD!
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

There's a new TFW chapter on the Goraku Egg page! Link

In this chapter Sirius is moved by stories of the Four Lords of Mutsu and declares that he and his sibs should become the Four Lords of Ohu. Hilarity ensues.

As for the technical side of things, 1) the TFW chapters are apparently always updated on the 10th of each month, and 2) the first three chapters stay up while the fourth "newest" chapter changes. So the Akame chapter was replaced by the Mutsu chapter and thus is no longer available.

Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Digsu wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:25 am There's a new TFW chapter on the Goraku Egg page! Link

In this chapter Sirius is moved by stories of the Four Lords of Mutsu and declares that he and his sibs should become the Four Lords of Ohu. Hilarity ensues.

As for the technical side of things, 1) the TFW chapters are apparently always updated on the 10th of each month, and 2) the first three chapters stay up while the fourth "newest" chapter changes. So the Akame chapter was replaced by the Mutsu chapter and thus is no longer available.
They are trying their best!
icon by azzai
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

They're calling themself as the Four Heavenly Kings of Ôu, kinda adoroble <3

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:31 pm They're calling themself as the Four Heavenly Kings of Ôu, kinda adoroble <3
Technically, from what I can gather, it's mostly Sirius who's doing that. The others are just kinda dragged into it XD

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:35 pm
Tora wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:31 pm They're calling themself as the Four Heavenly Kings of Ôu, kinda adoroble <3
Technically, from what I can gather, it's mostly Sirius who's doing that. The others are just kinda dragged into it XD
True, but still XD

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

"Rigel's snot is seeping itself into Bella's tail!"

Ewwwww... XD

Return to “Other Ginga Related Manga”