PurePlastic Plushies

News and general discussion of topics that encompass all Finnish translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series.
Fayt
Legend
Legend

Re: PurePlastic Plushies

Post by Fayt »

@Kasi Ahh thanks for letting me know I didn't know anything was said about them as I haven't been keeping up with the news much on them due to lack of time to check, I can do it myself and I'm happy to make a quick little photo set showing people how to do it if anyone would like to do it themselves ^^ I also didn't click on about the older ones not having the embroidery paw pads till you said.
Arano wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:00 pm
Fayt wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 2:44 pm Can ignore my last post UPS didn't get them and they arrived today by Parcel force, YAY.

I got Kurojaki and Riki for now and I love them. Both are super nice and soft like the last set. One thing I did notice is they don't have thread sculpted paws (threaded toes) like the last set (I'm sure the last set had it) and or the prototype photos. I'll add that myself later. After looking at photos Pure Plastic have posted themselves it seems like none of the plushies have the threaded toes so it looks like the factory forgot to do that.

Over all nice just like the last set and hope to get a few more soon ^^
This gives me hope because I've been dreading getting a Parcelforce envelope with the import fee a la Brexit ;; but I guess as they were ordered before January it doesn't apply? If I get the dreaded envelope I'm gonna be annoyed XD

It's a shame about the threaded toes, but embroidered toe beans are so cute as a trade off. I'd love to see if you add the toes to yours! Is it fairly easy to do? I recently acquired a sewing kit so I might give it a go on at least one for fun...
If your lucky you won't get one as I'll admit for the last year and a half I haven't had many import fee or custom fees from Parcelforce at all and I import a lot from Japan and the USA. It can still apply due to shipping after the time frame, let's hope you don't get one as well.

I didn't even realize or know they did that as a trade off, I was so sleepy yesterday as I'm working 7 days in a row I had just woke up after a nap when they arrived XD so it never clicked on that the older ones didn't have embroidery paw pads till checking this XD Sure I'll see if I can do it today after work. It's super easy to do and very quick as well. I'll take photos showing how to as well if I remember and don't fall sleep again XD
Is a Gilgamesh obsessed mongrel.
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Fayt wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:34 am If your lucky you won't get one as I'll admit for the last year and a half I haven't had many import fee or custom fees from Parcelforce at all and I import a lot from Japan and the USA. It can still apply due to shipping after the time frame, let's hope you don't get one as well.
I've just got the demand to pay £82.78 for their release. This isn't fair :(
I find that Parcelforce never forget me without fail, but with my friends who also import from USA all the time they just forget them. Our customs is a joke because our parcels would have arrived into the country at the exact same time if they were dispatched from Urumi on the same day x)
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Arano wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:08 pm I've just got the demand to pay £82.78 for their release. This isn't fair :(
Yikes, that is steep. :Koyukisweat:
I have never been charged that much for a package from overseas... what is the need for that payment all about? Is that a combination of Brexit and the items being delayed thanks to the Suez Canal incident?
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Shining Sirius wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:18 pm
Arano wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:08 pm I've just got the demand to pay £82.78 for their release. This isn't fair :(
I have never been charged that much for a package from overseas... what is the need for that payment all about? Is that a combination of Brexit and the items being delayed thanks to the Suez Canal incident?
It is customs import fee now that UK isn't a part of the EU. It is 20% VAT on top of the shipment value plus £12.50 clearance fee.

This applies to all imports into the UK, most I've paid is I think £110 for ginga merch from Japan totalling over £400.

Basically, it sucks to buy things online here because everything good is made overseas 🙃
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Gin (puppy), Kurojaki and Riki are tentatively sold out. For technical reasons, more of them were visible on the webstore. Orders will now be checked in chronological order, after which we will see if they remain for general sale after.

There is also a very small chance that if you have placed an order during August, then they may have run out.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSe3OJ4rvYK/
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Aw, I was hoping to buy a puppy Gin at some point. I hope there's still some left after they're done double-checking the orders.

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Digsu wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:50 pm Aw, I was hoping to buy a puppy Gin at some point. I hope there's still some left after they're done double-checking the orders.
Same, I was thinking about using my bday money on ordering puppy!Gin or Riki :tfw_orion1:
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Arano wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:47 pm
Shining Sirius wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:18 pm
It is customs import fee now that UK isn't a part of the EU. It is 20% VAT on top of the shipment value plus £12.50 clearance fee.

This applies to all imports into the UK, most I've paid is I think £110 for ginga merch from Japan totalling over £400.

Basically, it sucks to buy things online here because everything good is made overseas 🙃
Same here. The customs need to suck a d. Doesn't help that Postnord here is an absolute joke of a company.

I bought 3 used AKB48 cds from Japan last month and last week I recieved a letter with import fee that I had to pay before they would give me my package. Fair enough, I go to the website to pay and it's expired! The letter was delivered AFTER they already send my package back to Japan! I am still so furious about that! I contacted Postnord and they didn't respond until 11 days after telling me they couldn't do anything. F them.

Hoping Mandarake will resend my cds :(

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Digsu wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:50 pm Aw, I was hoping to buy a puppy Gin at some point. I hope there's still some left after they're done double-checking the orders.
There will likely be wonky reject plushies sold at a discount later on so you may get a chance to buy a literal :derpgin:
Fayt
Legend
Legend

Post by Fayt »

Sorry to see you got hit with the fee Arano, I was hoping you'd miss it.

@Shining Sirius fees for importing items to the UK has always been steep even before Brexit but before it we didn't get them if buying from the EU. Pretty much anything that costs £15 or over could get customs fees so importing anything had super high risk of fees but it's the risk we have had to take for years now if we ever want/ needed to import things. I remember I ordered some fabric years ago from the US and in the end I had to pay double due to fees.

It's good to hear the plushies have sold well, I'll be honest, the main reason I made sure to order Kurojaki and Riki is that I was worried they would sell out like this. I didn't expect puppy Gin to sell out but I guess I should have XD

I do hope to get more down the line, but I'll have to wait awhile as I have other collection items I want more from other series. Maybe I should add them to my bday list of things for my bf to get me XD
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Aaaahhhhh
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

https://twitter.com/gingashu/status/142 ... 43591?s=19

I've just put this up on twitter about my very wrong looking Riki plush, and that they can handle being squished and reshaped.

I got the whole set and they did not disappoint, Kurojaki turned out amazing! I also really like Akame, he's very cute.
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Here's my Twitter thread of my plushies ^^
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Fayt
Legend
Legend

Post by Fayt »

I thread, sculpted Riki's paws today. Here's a photo of one done and one not done

Here's a quick thread sculpting step by step if anyone wants to do it. I'm not the best at explaining things, sorry if it's bad. It looks a lot of work, but it's really easy and quick.

I've posted it on my DA sta.sh and in the artist comments wrote how to do things. I hope the photos help and show you I would make a vid but ahhhhhh.....I hate doing vids ^^;

https://sta.sh/0mflqmgwwqp

I hope it helps if anyone is wanting to thread sculpt the toes themselves. Again, sorry if it's not fully clear I'm dyslexic, so explaining things like this is hard for me.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Fayt wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:01 pm I thread, sculpted Riki's paws today. Here's a photo of one done and one not done

Here's a quick thread sculpting step by step if anyone wants to do it. I'm not the best at explaining things, sorry if it's bad. It looks a lot of work, but it's really easy and quick.

I've posted it on my DA sta.sh and in the artist comments wrote how to do things. I hope the photos help and show you I would make a vid but ahhhhhh.....I hate doing vids ^^;

I hope it helps if anyone is wanting to thread sculpt the toes themselves. Again, sorry if it's not fully clear I'm dyslexic, so explaining things like this is hard for me.
Ohh that's awesome!!!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I remembered that Puolenkuun Pelit stocked the first PP plushies, so I went to check and it turns out they had some puppy Gins in stock so I ordered one. At least now I won't have to worry about Urumi running out of them.
:FLY:

Unlike the previous plushies, though, they seem to only have two of the plushies in stock this time (the aforementioned puppy Gin as well as his adult counterpart). I wonder if part of the reason for Urumi running out of puppy Gins so fast is because some of the stock went to Puolenkuun Pelit for sale...
:tfw_aokabuto1:

Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

Post by Arano »

Fayt wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:01 pm I thread, sculpted Riki's paws today. Here's a photo of one done and one not done

This is cool, thank you for the tutorial!

Question for everyone who has a Puppy Gin and another one of the new plushies - is Puppy Gin the biggest? Mine is taller with a bigger head than the others and I'm curious as to whether that is on purpose or if mind is a chonky overstuff.
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Arano wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:56 pmQuestion for everyone who has a Puppy Gin and another one of the new plushies - is Puppy Gin the biggest? Mine is taller with a bigger head than the others and I'm curious as to whether that is on purpose or if mind is a chonky overstuff.
My puppy Gin at least is a bit bigger than Riki (with noticeably larger tail), so take that as you will.
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Digsu wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:06 pm I remembered that Puolenkuun Pelit stocked the first PP plushies, so I went to check and it turns out they had some puppy Gins in stock so I ordered one. At least now I won't have to worry about Urumi running out of them.
:FLY:

Unlike the previous plushies, though, they seem to only have two of the plushies in stock this time (the aforementioned puppy Gin as well as his adult counterpart). I wonder if part of the reason for Urumi running out of puppy Gins so fast is because some of the stock went to Puolenkuun Pelit for sale...
:tfw_aokabuto1:
LOOOL
This is so funny to me because the Urumi shop in Tampere and Puolenkuunpelit are pretty much facing each other hahaha.

I did not even try checking Puolenkuunpelit. I was really lucky last Saturday since there were still plushies left in Urumi shop. I snagged the last Kurojaki from the shelf. I wonder if I should get Akame too...
Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Leomonade wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 4:00 pm I did not even try checking Puolenkuunpelit. I was really lucky last Saturday since there were still plushies left in Urumi shop. I snagged the last Kurojaki from the shelf. I wonder if I should get Akame too...
Akame doesn't seem to be quite as popular as the other limited edition plushies (Urumi will let you put over a 100 Akames in your cart before telling you "not enough stock available") so I assume he's not going to get sold out that quickly.

Return to “Hopeanuoli and other Finnish Publications”