PurePlastic Plushies

News and general discussion of topics that encompass all Finnish translations of Yoshihiro Takahashi's series.
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Re: PurePlastic Plushies

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Digsu wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 11:34 am PurePlastic has announced a contest where people can submit ideas for a future plushie set! The first part (out of four) asks you to suggest a pose for the plushies, based on either a picture from Ginga or a photo of a real-life dog.
Oooh, what a fun idea! I wish I could participate, but I like to stay away from Facebook, I haven't touched the account I made since 2012, and I don't intent to get involved again. Would they also be accepting answers from their Instagram, or other social media? If not, I'd love to see the concepts that others have to show, there are a lot of creative people in the fandom!
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Whatever happens I'd love to see plushies of the Kai dogs next, and Hakuro.
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Shiruba wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:57 pm Whatever happens I'd love to see plushies of the Kai dogs next, and Hakuro.
I second you on that - I wonder which designs they would use for the Kais? So far, we've only seen one character from GNG, presumably due to copyright. Hakuro would be amazing, especially with a new pose! Like laughter, or a big smile.

I'd love to see Smith, as his character design in GDW has him missing a leg, which would in a way be changing his pose. (Making him stand upright would be a hassle though, unless he's sitting maybe)
man-faced dog
Rals
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Rals »

Kai bros plushies would be nice, but I worry about the stripes.
The air brushing on the PP plushies is notorious for running and fading, so it wouldn't take long for kai plushie to look pretty bad.

The posing can be interesting though. Or if they made like pillow pets versions.
A red pandolar bear pandolar bearing along

Pfp and sig by Akame <3
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Morti wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:48 pm Kai bros plushies would be nice, but I worry about the stripes.
The air brushing on the PP plushies is notorious for running and fading, so it wouldn't take long for kai plushie to look pretty bad.

The posing can be interesting though. Or if they made like pillow pets versions.
I would hope they would use already brindle-like texture then draw stripes
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

Morti wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:48 pm Kai bros plushies would be nice, but I worry about the stripes.

Perhaps they could use fabric that's already got the stripes on it? Like they do with tiger plushies, except with red, brown and blue colors instead of orange. Pillow pets do sound cute and cuddly though - I haven't had one since I was a child!
man-faced dog
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

All four parts of the PurePlastic plushie contest are now live!

Part 1: Suggest a pose
Part 2: Suggest a facial expression
Part 3: Suggest an existing plushie for reference
Part 4: Design a plushie

The deadline for all parts is January 5th.

Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I'm kind of considering making a burner account just for this. It really looks interesting, and I'd love to see more updates of others' designs and suggestions
man-faced dog
GingaDensetsuItalia
Friend
Friend

Post by GingaDensetsuItalia »

Shiruba wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:57 pm Whatever happens I'd love to see plushies of the Kai dogs next, and Hakuro.
KAI plushies yes!
John22

Post by John22 »

It would be nice see them do the Four Heavenly Kings of Mutsu and GB.
:gin: :john: :akame: :andy: :izou: :zion: :kisaragi: :orion: :hakuro: :victor:
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Don't think this ever got posted here! A giant PurePlastic Akakabuto plush is now available!

He's 80cm (30in) tall, has an LED eye, and is LE100. Price is 120eur, and can be shipped unstuffed to save on international shipping costs.

As of right now, there are 22 remaining: https://www.urumi.fi/tuote/hopeanuoli-a ... d-edition/

Image Image
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Goodness that's an absolute unit of a collectible. :derpgin: I've gotten all Pureplastic plushies thus far but I think I'll have to pass on this because I literally don't have anywhere in my apartment where I could put him.

The photos on unstuffed plushie on Urumi's Facebook make me wonder if you could just leave it that way, or only stuff the head, and display it as a mini mock bearskin rug of sorts. It's probably a bit expensive for that but it's an amusing thought.

Shiruba
Legend
Legend

Post by Shiruba »

Oh man, i want that so bad but can't afford it. :tfw_orion1:
Almond

Post by Almond »

John22 wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:20 pmIt would be nice see them do the Four Heavenly Kings of Mutsu and GB.
Yes, totally agreed on GB! I'm kind of shocked that PurePlastic hasn't done him yet. I'm sure he'd look amazing in their style and I would be the first one in line to order him.

Anyway, I'm internally debating whether or not I want to get that Akakabuto... with him being limited edition, I know that if I don't buy one now I may never have the chance again since I'm sure his secondhand price will be even more steep in a few years. But, like Digsu, I don't know if I really have the room for him in my tiny apartment. Decisions, decisions.

EDIT: I caved, lol. :surprisegin: I wonder how many are left.
Regnant
Technician
Technician

Post by Regnant »

Gin fidget spinner is a preorder bonus for Akakabuto! Only available with preorder, and it ends today!
Akakabutot ovat nyt saapuneet varastoon eli tänään on viimeinen tilaisuus saada Gin-spinneri kaupanpäällisenä!

Pehmojen postitus alkaa huomenna ja jatkuu maanantaille asti.

Akakabuto is now instock! This is the last day to order & get Gin-spinner!
https://twitter.com/UrumiFi/status/1635641441488629761
Image Image

Return to “Hopeanuoli and other Finnish Publications”