Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Shining Sirius »

Thank you for the chapter, Fanta! Sorry it was really boring for you to translate.

:orion:: "Going after that bear is the reason I was born!!"
You and your siblings were only born because your dad had a massive Oedipus complex, boy.

:weed:: "He kept acting selfishly..."
Says the father of the kid who injured his own brother by throwing a deadly weapon at his head, was willing to slice a bereaved bear cub to shreds with a piece of bamboo in the name of "training" and attacked his own brother again by slicing him in the face with said stick of bamboo. God, I hate Orion...
Reiterating too that I am now 100% behind the theory that Weed has sustained brain damage. Really glad that Weed is still my favourite in the anime.

Also, judging by Sunny and Maru's faces, I assume we're just going to gloss over the Stephen King level of bullying they both did only a few chapters previously? Oh, and is anyone else kinda bothered by Kyoushiro's dialogue in the panel where he discusses Sirius' ideals with Sasuke? Kyo once thought that all adults were abusive and he himself never wanted to think about getting along with them until he met the Ohu army... I don't know, it just feels strange that he would say that.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:52 am Also, judging by Sunny and Maru's faces, I assume we're just going to gloss over the Stephen King level of bullying they both did only a few chapters previously?
Nobody whose name isn't Orion or Sirius is getting any meaningful character development (and even in their case it's highly questionable), so pretty much yeah.

Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

Digsu wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 pm Nobody whose name isn't Orion or Sirius is getting any meaningful character development (and even in their case it's highly questionable), so pretty much yeah.
It's rather depressing, really. Taking into account the rumours of Yoshihiro's health, too. If it does turn out that he truly did not enjoy writing/illustrating TLW and just did it because his agency or whatever demanded it, then I truly feel sorry for him. I know what it's like to try and create something when your heart is just not in in.
What I will accredit to TLW however is the civil war dynamic between Sirius and Orion. Despite my loathing for Orion, I will admit that he is actually a good character, from a storytelling perspective.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Shining Sirius wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 1:02 pm
Digsu wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 12:12 pm Nobody whose name isn't Orion or Sirius is getting any meaningful character development (and even in their case it's highly questionable), so pretty much yeah.
It's rather depressing, really. Taking into account the rumours of Yoshihiro's health, too. If it does turn out that he truly did not enjoy writing/illustrating TLW and just did it because his agency or whatever demanded it, then I truly feel sorry for him. I know what it's like to try and create something when your heart is just not in in.
What I will accredit to TLW however is the civil war dynamic between Sirius and Orion. Despite my loathing for Orion, I will admit that he is actually a good character, from a storytelling perspective.
Eehhh, I'm not really sure if it can be called a civil war when Orion is backed by the entire Ohu army while Sirius... basically has Shion (who's at least a little bit unsure if he's right after all), Chibi (who's currently hibernating), and Akakama.

I don't like Sirius but even I feel like it would have been more interesting if more dogs sided with him. They wouldn't even necessarily have to oppose killing Monsoon to join his cause, just the idea of there being a way to resolve the conflict without any more casualties (and with it being all of them against Monsoon, they would suffer more casualties than their opponent) could have been enough incentive to convince them.

Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Thank you Fanta. Yeah this chapter looks like a chore to translate...

Weed: "I cannot forgive a mass murderer and let him live!"
Orion: "...Didn't you exile me specifically for trying to kill a mass murderer?"

Weed then: "I know Hougen tortured your best friend John to death, dad, but he still must live!"
Weed now: "Monsoon cannot live after killing Jerome's mate!"

Weed then: "Jerome I'm exiling you for killing a dangerous enemy. I don't care how unpopular my opinion is, life is precious."
Weed now: "Sirius brings DISHONOR TO THE FAMILY for wanting to spare lives!"
Shining Sirius wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:52 am Oh, and is anyone else kinda bothered by Kyoushiro's dialogue in the panel where he discusses Sirius' ideals with Sasuke? Kyo once thought that all adults were abusive and he himself never wanted to think about getting along with them until he met the Ohu army... I don't know, it just feels strange that he would say that.
Kyo has been acting OOC in the whole TLW so much that at this point this is nothing sort of surprising.
Last edited by Atha on Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
icon by azzai
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Atha wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:57 pm Thank you Fanta. Yeah this chapter looks like a chore to translate...

Weed: "I cannot forgive a mass murderer and let him live!"
Orion: "...Didn't you exile me specifically for trying to kill a mass murderer?"

Weed then: "I know Hougen tortured your best friend John to death, dad, but he still must live!"
Weed now: "Monsoon cannot live after killing Jerome's mate!"

Weed then: "Jerome I'm exiling you for killing a dangerous enemy. I don't care how unpopular my opinion is, life is precious."
Weed now: "Sirius brings DISHONOR TO THE FAMILY for wanting to spare lives!"
I'm still for this those where dogs, while Monsoon's a bear, and also that Weed was on to kill the Hybrids as well.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Dragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:54 am >'the hot-blooded youth didn't cry, especially Orion!'
>only shows Orion and George as the only ones not crying
Are you calling George youthful, Yoshi LOOL
Unsai called George young earlier too. Yoshi is pretending hard that he and Tesshin are strapping young lads.
icon by azzai
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Atha wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:06 pm
Dragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:54 am >'the hot-blooded youth didn't cry, especially Orion!'
>only shows Orion and George as the only ones not crying
Are you calling George youthful, Yoshi LOOL
Unsai called George young earlier too. Yoshi is pretending hard that he and Tesshin are strapping young lads.
It's really funny, because sometimes in GDW Jerome is treated like he's old, and at one point it's pointed out that Tesshin is older than him...even though Tesshin is being treated like he's young.

At this point I'm not questioning any of these age things and just go with it.
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

It's a stretch but in one way it somewhat makes sense. German Shepherds tend to have a shorter lifespan than a healthier breed like a Saluki or mix. Even a few years in a dog's lifespan makes a big difference XD

To say they're ''youthful'' though... Ha.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Leomonade
Friend
Friend

Post by Leomonade »

Haha I love how they keep saying that most of the dogs are young.
They just don't want to face the fact that almost everyone from GNG are pretty much ancient at this point! XD
Everyone is gonna look youthful next to Akame!

To be fair, they use the word youthful and not actually young. So it might be that Jerome just acts like an old dude while some of the dogs like Kyo and George haven't lost some of their childishness? Tho I find it funny how George is in the youngsters' group and Kagetora is not?? George is a hot head but isn't he pretty mature?
Image Image
Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Limonzy wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:06 am Haha I love how they keep saying that most of the dogs are young.
They just don't want to face the fact that almost everyone from GNG are pretty much ancient at this point! XD
Everyone is gonna look youthful next to Akame!

To be fair, they use the word youthful and not actually young. So it might be that Jerome just acts like an old dude while some of the dogs like Kyo and George haven't lost some of their childishness? Tho I find it funny how George is in the youngsters' group and Kagetora is not?? George is a hot head but isn't he pretty mature?
:yoshihirotakahashi: I don’t even know anymore. Since his eyes are like Kyoshiro’s I figured nah

:george: GET A CREATIVE ASSISTANT TO KEEP YOU UP WITH THE CANON, YOSHI
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Doragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:47 pm It's really funny, because sometimes in GDW Jerome is treated like he's old, and at one point it's pointed out that Tesshin is older than him...even though Tesshin is being treated like he's young.
Wait
Are you for real LOL
i can't. i give up. it's hard not to point out sometimes, but i should really stop.
What we should come to realize in Yoshi's perfect world: George, Ken, Kyoshiro, Kagetora, and Tesshin are youthful adults [a little older than weed]. Weed and Kyoshiro are very young adults... but so are Weed's kids now. Sasuke is somewhere between the two age groups? Jerome is an older adult, but not old enough to be called a grandpa. Gin and the other actual oldies are still, in fact, oldies... but capable of being as fast and agile as the youngins.

ImageImage
Eclipse-Wolven
Legend
Legend

Post by Eclipse-Wolven »

The first half of this chapter is like a perfect microcosm of everything wrong with the writing in the series. Page 6 in particular kills me. Literally the whole conversation on that page could be other dogs talking about Weed himself in GDW. And now that Sirius is doing something similar to his father, NOW it's "selfish" and "crazy" and "embarrassing".

Also, and I know I've said this before but still, I love that no one in the pack is mentioning that Monsoon is literally a monster of their own creation. Especially when they're talking about sins of the past. Had John, Kurotora, etc. not tried to kill him and his siblings in the aftermath of Akakabuto's defeat, he might not have grown up with the grudge he had that led him to come and kill their friends in the first place. Not that that makes Monsoon any less at fault for his actions, mind you, but still...

Oh and don't try and wrap your head around their ages. That'll just give you a headache. XD
Banner by Kairi292 & Avatar by Kasi

My stories (on FF.net):
Ginga Densetsu Weed: Dark Legend
The Chronicles Of Ohu

For he today who sheds his blood with me
Shall be my brother...
Troll Berserker
Hero
Hero

Post by Troll Berserker »

Dragon wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:16 am
Doragon wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:47 pm It's really funny, because sometimes in GDW Jerome is treated like he's old, and at one point it's pointed out that Tesshin is older than him...even though Tesshin is being treated like he's young.
Wait
Are you for real LOL
i can't. i give up. it's hard not to point out sometimes, but i should really stop.
What we should come to realize in Yoshi's perfect world: George, Ken, Kyoshiro, Kagetora, and Tesshin are youthful adults [a little older than weed]. Weed and Kyoshiro are very young adults... but so are Weed's kids now. Sasuke is somewhere between the two age groups? Jerome is an older adult, but not old enough to be called a grandpa. Gin and the other actual oldies are still, in fact, oldies... but capable of being as fast and agile as the youngins.
Not to mention Orion, Sirius, Bon and Yamabiko are teens/young adult perfectly capable of taking care of themselves while Jerome's kids at the same age are some angsty and reckless young teens and Hiro's kids are apparently still kids.
The Jinputi banwagon. All characters (c) to me
Hyzenthlay Rose
Banned
Banned

Post by Hyzenthlay Rose »

I'm still baffled by the fact that Hiro's kids didn't grow up until TLW. They were born all the way back in GDW so they should've become adults a while ago :|
The Gay Jackalope

Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story
FDQ
Legend
Legend

Post by FDQ »

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

That last pic, two lover running to eachother XD
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

Oh jeez. Monsoon's flying again. XD
fantachan
Translator
Translator

Post by fantachan »

YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

Thank you, Fanta!

The panels with Monsoon standing in the morning sun are pretty, I love them!

"Two hours later"...someone please insert the Spongebob clip here : D

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”