Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: The Last Wars.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Re: Ginga: The Last Wars SPOILER THREAD

Post by Raki »

Dragon wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:14 pm I was rereading some parts of TLW and for some reason, this scene in chapter 152 really got me. I felt like drawing them as humans helped with the dramatic emphasis, and changed the words a bit.
Sirius witnessing his little brother turning more and more into a dangerous killing machine right before his eyes, farther dividing their chances of reaching a peaceful conclusion together. Tragic 😔

Ohh love the art! So much feels
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Digsu wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:49 pm I love the art, but I just can't for the life of me take that scene seriously because in it Sirius, without a hint of irony, shows more concern towards a tree than he does towards other dogs for most of the series.

Monsoon murders an innocent dog by ripping his paws off, subjecting him to an extremely slow and painful death? Zero damns or sympathies given. But a tree gets its branches cut off? ohhh nooo poor tree, why would someone do such a thing??
RIGHT? Since the beginning of that chapter starts with that, all I can think is 'lol r u srs' but Orion's abruptness broke me out of the mindset for a second enough to visual this xD
Sirius sometimes (all the time). I swear :tfw_sirius2:
Raki wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:15 pm Ohh love the art! So much feels
Thank you! ^^

ImageImage
Kasi
Retired Admin
Retired Admin

Post by Kasi »

Dragon wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 8:14 pm I was rereading some parts of TLW and for some reason, this scene in chapter 152 really got me. I felt like drawing them as humans helped with the dramatic emphasis, and changed the words a bit.
Sirius witnessing his little brother turning more and more into a dangerous killing machine right before his eyes, farther dividing their chances of reaching a peaceful conclusion together. Tragic 😔
This is so good! If only the Ginga manga could display emotion like this, I think the style of the dogs is a bit challenging to read expression most of the time.
Read Ginga Densetsu Weed Orion in English
NEW NEW NEW: Volume 26 now available!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Kasi wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:17 pm
This is so good! If only the Ginga manga could display emotion like this, I think the style of the dogs is a bit challenging to read expression most of the time.
I know :tfw_orion1: It's like I can sometimes get a hint of it, but not always. I can only imagine the faces Yukimura would have made during his arc and saying crazy stuff like 'you ate that kid's parents'.

ImageImage
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

So the Finnish version of TLW 22 is out now and looking at Yoshi's essay at the end of it, he outright confirms that TLW was meant to be the end of the series and that he was more or less forced into making GDN by the publishing company. He even points out how silly continuing the series after The Last Wars would be.

I went ahead and quickly translated the whole thing, as I thought it was pretty interesting.
SPOILER
Somebody please just let this poor man sleep already.

Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Digsu wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:19 pm So the Finnish version of TLW 22 is out now and looking at Yoshi's essay at the end of it, he outright confirms that TLW was meant to be the end of the series and that he was more or less forced into making GDN by the publishing company. He even points out how silly continuing the series after The Last Wars would be.

I went ahead and quickly translated the whole thing, as I thought it was pretty interesting.
SPOILER
Well ain’t that something? If he intended to have TLW be the last of the series, he probably should have thought of a better ending for it. But yeah, he really needs to sleep peacefully at some point, not be forced to write until he dies. Maybe GDN will be the finale? I don’t know.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

I feel so bad for poor Yoshi....
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Spirit Tree wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:44 pm
Digsu wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:19 pm So the Finnish version of TLW 22 is out now and looking at Yoshi's essay at the end of it, he outright confirms that TLW was meant to be the end of the series and that he was more or less forced into making GDN by the publishing company. He even points out how silly continuing the series after The Last Wars would be.

SPOILER
Well ain’t that something? If he intended to have TLW be the last of the series, he probably should have thought of a better ending for it. But yeah, he really needs to sleep peacefully at some point, not be forced to write until he dies. Maybe GDN will be the finale? I don’t know.
I do wonder if it's a slightly paraphrased version of the events and Yoshi actually had this conversation with his editor before the final chapter was done, and he was both desperate to get those few months off and possibly a bit disheartened by hearing TLW wouldn't be the grand finale for the series he'd been planning, so he just phoned in the ending. But that's just speculation on my part.

Either way, it kind of sounds like the publisher will never let him end the series unless its popularity drops significantly. :tfw_sirius5:

Tsukitora
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Tsukitora »

Damn... knowing for sure GDN was an executively-forced continuation makes me very ticked at the canon :EMPTY: Ginga deserved so much better.
Call me Cammi!
:mukonga: :fuuga: :mangariki: :gdwcross: :gdwakatora: :gdwkurotora: :gin: :lenny: :blue:

Avatar credit to the amazing Kasi!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Holy crap, that was DEPRESSING. Let the old man rest! This explains so much for sure then. The abrupted, incomplete feeling TLW end, and now how Noah seems to be a bit of a callback arc. It hurts knowing he did intend TLW to be the end just to be forced, yet again, to think up a way to extend it.
Poor Yoshi u_u

ImageImage
Shining Sirius
Soldier
Soldier

Post by Shining Sirius »

SPOILER
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

SPOILER
Oh my god, let this poor man rest. :Koyukisweat:
Nerdykestrel74
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nerdykestrel74 »

Well now I'm even more convinced to just straight up not read GDN once I'm finally able to continue and finish reading TLW :tfw_sirius1:
Akakama my beloved <3 :akakama:
Flanoir
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Flanoir »

What kind of leverage do you think the publisher has in this? How do they convince the authors to go on? Stuff like threatening to reduce royalties from previous works?
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Flanoir wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 7:07 pm What kind of leverage do you think the publisher has in this? How do they convince the authors to go on? Stuff like threatening to reduce royalties from previous works?
Im not entirely sure but my guess would be some contract is involved that deters him from leaving. IIRC there is no "retirement" age either so there's no real frame of reference for when the right time is for Yoshi (but if you ask me, poor guy is overdue).
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Hey guys. If you have seen my post about what ginga_soul shared to me about the development of TLW effecting the ongoing process of GDN, well ginga_soul messaged me again and shared this radio link. I’m putting this here because it only relates to TLW. Here is one thing that ginga_soul said about Yoshi’s radio interview:

Ijuin Hikaru Torajito (Radio) 2019/07/01
For the last episode of GTLW, Yoshihiro wanted to draw two more weeks. In the concept, Monsoon ended up being killed by Orion and then going up in a fisherman's net, but he had to end it a little early because the book was set to end.

So there was actually going to be more to TLW, but then...Yikes. :Koyukisweat:
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Spirit Tree wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:13 pm Hey guys. If you have seen my post about what ginga_soul shared to me about the development of TLW effecting the ongoing process of GDN, well ginga_soul messaged me again and shared this radio link. I’m putting this here because it only relates to TLW. Here is one thing that ginga_soul said about Yoshi’s radio interview:

Ijuin Hikaru Torajito (Radio) 2019/07/01
For the last episode of GTLW, Yoshihiro wanted to draw two more weeks. In the concept, Monsoon ended up being killed by Orion and then going up in a fisherman's net, but he had to end it a little early because the book was set to end.

So there was actually going to be more to TLW, but then...Yikes. :Koyukisweat:
That would've been a way better ending to understand...
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Nate

Post by Nate »

I love this
Nate

Post by Nate »

Tora wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 4:46 pm I feel so bad for poor Yoshi....
Me too

Return to “Ginga: The Last Wars”