GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Arano
Root Admin
Root Admin

GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Arano »

Here you can ask any question you like about GDW, and hopefully you'll get an answer from someone!

Can I ask as many questions as I want?
There's no limit to how many questions you can ask, but please remember to not double-post.

If you are going to answer a question:
Please remember to quote their post in your reply if possible.

What if someone's asked a question that's been answered before?
It doesn't matter - you can answer it again or you can quote the previous answer for them.
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Marchosias »

Did Yoshi completely forget about Teru after the Russian dog arc
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

He forgot Chuutora and Tesshin's backstory, so I won't be shocked if he forgot about one of Kyoushirou's pack memebers.
icon by azzai
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Smith wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:56 pm Did Yoshi completely forget about Teru after the Russian dog arc
Teru did jump in to save Gin from Viktor. Most likely he died there, just not that dramaticly shown.
Wait for me; Terrex, Baghéera, Nokorde, Smulan, when its my time I come

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Tora wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:02 pm
Smith wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:56 pm Did Yoshi completely forget about Teru after the Russian dog arc
Teru did jump in to save Gin from Viktor. Most likely he died there, just not that dramaticly shown.
ahh ok, must have missed that when I read that chapter
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Smith wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:21 pm
Vol. 47 ch. 2. ^^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Tora wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:52 pm
Smith wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:21 pm

Vol. 47 ch. 2. ^^
thanks Tora
Tove
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Tove »

Tora wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:02 pm Teru did jump in to save Gin from Viktor. Most likely he died there, just not that dramaticly shown.
Oh dear lord please no, not Teru D:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

He was still alive after Victor's attack, and Daisuke and Hidetoshi are later seen lifting him in their car to take him to a vet. He's never seen after that, so presumably he either died off-screen or Yoshi mixed him up with the similar-looking Taabou, who's shown returning to Futago Pass with Musashi and Jaguar later on.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:19 am
He was still alive after Victor's attack, and Daisuke and Hidetoshi are later seen lifting him in their car to take him to a vet. He's never seen after that, so presumably he either died off-screen or Yoshi mixed him up with the similar-looking Taabou, who's shown returning to Futago Pass with Musashi and Jaguar later on.
I think it must been Taabou that Daisuke and Hidetoshi took, as Taabou's the one they're releasing with Musashi and Jaguar (same 3 dogs taken, same 3 dogs released), and Taabou just happen too looks like similier Teru when lifing in the car in vol 48. As it's clearly Taabou in vol 52. Or do the dogs say Teru's name when taking away Musashi and Jaguar and Teru/Taabou?

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Tora wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:29 am
Digsu wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:19 am

I think it must been Taabou that Daisuke and Hidetoshi took, as Taabou's the one they're releasing with Musashi and Jaguar (same 3 dogs taken, same 3 dogs released), and Taabou just happen too looks like similier Teru when lifing in the car in vol 48. As it's clearly Taabou in vol 52. Or do the dogs say Teru's name when taking away Musashi and Jaguar and Teru/Taabou?
I don't have my GDW volumes at hand right now, so I can't check it myself, but I'm fairly certain the dog Hidetoshi and Daisuke take away has Teru's facial markings (white muzzle and cheeks, while Taabou only has a white muzzle). Daisuke noting that they're only taking away the dogs with broken bones would also fit with the narrator stating that Teru's neck/spine had been damaged by Victor's attack.

Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:57 am
Tora wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:29 am
Digsu wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:19 am He was still alive after Victor's attack, and Daisuke and Hidetoshi are later seen lifting him in their car to take him to a vet. He's never seen after that, so presumably he either died off-screen or Yoshi mixed him up with the similar-looking Taabou, who's shown returning to Futago Pass with Musashi and Jaguar later on.
I don't have my GDW volumes at hand right now, so I can't check it myself, but I'm fairly certain the dog Hidetoshi and Daisuke take away has Teru's facial markings (white muzzle and cheeks, while Taabou only has a white muzzle). Daisuke noting that they're only taking away the dogs with broken bones would also fit with the narrator stating that Teru's neck/spine had been damaged by Victor's attack.
My guess Yoshi mixed up Teru and Taabou. As they taking 3 dogs, Musashi, Jaguar and Teru/Taabou. And then releasing 3 dogs, Musashi, Jaguar and Taabou.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

Plus, it makes no sense for Daisuke to take Tabo/Taabu because he was perfectly fine after Moss saved him. The one who had a broken bone was Teru. So it must be a mix up.
icon by azzai
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

Atha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:30 pm Plus, it makes no sense for Daisuke to take Tabo/Taabu because he was perfectly fine after Moss saved him. The one who had a broken bone was Teru. So it must be a mix up.
I need to look in my manga if there passed any time between Taabou crawled out under Moss and Daisuke and Hidetoshi came.

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Atha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 12:30 pm Plus, it makes no sense for Daisuke to take Tabo/Taabu because he was perfectly fine after Moss saved him. The one who had a broken bone was Teru. So it must be a mix up.
Actually, Taabou's leg was broken. That's why he couldn't escape, and Moss had to save him.

Victor broke Teru's cervical vertebrae, and he was completely paralyzed, he couldn't even talk. So he probably died offscreen.

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Tora
Legend
Legend

Post by Tora »

methpring wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:10 pm
Actually, Taabou's leg was broken. That's why he couldn't escape, and Moss had to save him.

Victor broke Teru's cervical vertebrae, and he was completely paralyzed, he couldn't even talk. So he probably died offscreen.
Thank you , methpring. ^_^

Banners by GB members

Twitter | GingaWiki
Atha
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Atha »

But Daisuke took three dogs, including Teru, and returned with three dogs, not including Teru right? :?
icon by azzai
methpring
Comrade
Comrade

Post by methpring »

Atha wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:48 pmBut Daisuke took three dogs, including Teru, and returned with three dogs, not including Teru right? :?
This is one of the many questions in Ginga universe that we will probably never know the definite answer. My theory is that Taabou is just drawn mistakenly to look like Teru (they look very similar).

Best manga at the moment: Moriarty the Patriot

My Ginga (and other) collections:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Oh my gosh.... I had to go back the check this out...
Now I'm sad.. Q_Q

ImageImage
Marchosias
Prodigy
Prodigy

Post by Marchosias »

Feels like a waste of Teru since he had so much development during his introduction and although the anime has salty reviews, his va done a great job when he was mourning his father.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”