GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Raki wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 pm When we are talking about scars, we know how Kagetora got his but... How about Ken?
Another character I didn’t know had scars. Well, Imma see what clues I can find when I have time for it:)
Have a nice day!
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Raki wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:07 pm When we are talking about scars, we know how Kagetora got his but... How about Ken?
We don't know.

My guess is that he got them in a past altercation with Kagetora, since we're shown that he can wound Ken pretty easily when he wants to.

Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Disturbinnggggg. If Nero did have a mate, wtf were you gonna do with her, Hougen...? >>
we know what, but I hope he never succeeded in doing this ever in his life time;;

ImageImage
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Spirit Tree »

Dragon wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:02 pm Image
Disturbinnggggg. If Nero did have a mate, wtf were you gonna do with her, Hougen...? >>
we know what, but I hope he never succeeded in doing this ever in his life time;;
That scene is just so very painful. All GB wanted was protection for two innocent little puppies that he cared so much for. But Hougen didn’t even talk to GB about them. If Hougen had the consideration of asking more about the puppies instead of going into some stupid hasty conclusion, those puppies probably wouldn’t have gotten killed. Hougen was such a damn cruel monster right here to cause the deaths of those puppies.

Hougen likely wanted to do some business with a female if Nero ever had one. But having someone kill innocent puppies to prove that he’s not lying is completely unforgivable. It’s no wonder GB was scared to help Weed and care for him when he found him as a puppy who just lost his mother.
:tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1: :tfw_orion1:

I am glad GB found strength, purpose, and love with Weed through GDW. But that horrible scene is still too painful.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Why did they change the ending of GNG in GDW? We know how it ended in GNG, with Akakaboto's head was cut off. But in GDW Akakaboto died of a battouga and this is it? Is it beacause of copyright? :tfw_aokabuto1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Raki wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:56 am Why did they change the ending of GNG in GDW? We know how it ended in GNG, with Akakaboto's head was cut off. But in GDW Akakaboto died of a battouga and this is it? Is it beacause of copyright? :tfw_aokabuto1:
It's hard to know for sure, but my guess is that it had something to do with the series having to be edited so it could be shown on TV. The GDW anime in general doesn't show any decapitations (North's death also got changed from Kaibutsu ripping his head off to him just getting his throat slashed) and some of the other super-duper gory stuff got softened, too, like Nero's death and Hougen trying to rip out John's intestines.

Of course the anime is still violent, but it seems like Studio Deen had some limits on how much and what kind of violence they could show in it.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:24 pm
It's hard to know for sure, but my guess is that it had something to do with the series having to be edited so it could be shown on TV. The GDW anime in general doesn't show any decapitations

Hougen cuts off head of one of Koga's soldiers in episode 26.
Everyone believes for a while that Hougen's head is cut off after taking first battounga. While this doesn't really count, when I was watching that episode with my grandmother she believed that he really got decapitated not just buried in snow. He didn't look headless to me in that scene, but apparently it does to some people.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:24 pm
It's hard to know for sure, but my guess is that it had something to do with the series having to be edited so it could be shown on TV. The GDW anime in general doesn't show any decapitations

Everyone believes for a while that Hougen's head is cut off after taking first battounga. While this doesn't really count, when I was watching that episode with my grandmother she believed that he really got decapitated not just buried in snow. He didn't look headless to me in that scene, but apparently it does to some people.
Where exactly does that happen? I checked Hougen's fight against the Kogas at 3:41-3:57 and none of them get decapitated. Are there any other scenes in the episode where the Kogas fight Hougen?

My point was that the GDW anime is less violent than the manga. Pretending that a character's head was cut off is very, very different from it actually happening; for example, Aardman Animations managed to do the "character looks like their head was cut off" thing in Chicken Run, a family film. But I don't think a family film would ever get away with showing a full decapitation like Akakabuto's on screen, so I don't really think the two are comparable.

Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:42 pm

Where exactly does that happen? I checked Hougen's fight against the Kogas at 3:41-3:57 and none of them get decapitated. Are there any other scenes in the episode where the Kogas fight Hougen?

My point was that the GDW anime is less violent than the manga. Pretending that a character's head was cut off is very, very different from it actually happening; for example, Aardman Animations managed to do the "character looks like their head was cut off" thing in Chicken Run, a family film. But I don't think a family film would ever get away with showing a full decapitation like Akakabuto's on screen, so I don't really think the two are comparable.
Yea, I agree that GDW animated is way less violent, I just wanted to clarify that there has been one actual decapitation too.
it is 3:41 - 3:57 scene and it's rather blurry and a quick blink and miss it moment, but one of the kogas' body is seen to fall down at Hougen's feet, headless, for a brief moment before the third koga makes his attack.
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Kaiken wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:49 pm

Yea, I agree that GDW animated is way less violent, I just wanted to clarify that there has been one actual decapitation too.
it is 3:41 - 3:57 scene and it's rather blurry and a quick blink and miss it moment, but one of the kogas' body is seen to fall down at Hougen's feet, headless, for a brief moment before the third koga makes his attack.
Ah, I think I see what you mean now. It doesn't look like the Koga actually loses his head to me, though; I think it's just an odd angle, an animation goof, or both. But it's so blurry and fast that I definitely can't say for sure.
:tfw_aokabuto1:

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Oh, it could be the reason that they made it less violence in GDW! It'll be more suited for kids maybe. :)

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Digsu wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 5:04 pm
Kaiken wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:49 pm

Ah, I think I see what you mean now. It doesn't look like the Koga actually loses his head to me, though; I think it's just an odd angle, an animation goof, or both. But it's so blurry and fast that I definitely can't say for sure.
:tfw_aokabuto1:
Hmm could be then. I kind of always thought that the head is gone, even when I first watched it.
Favorites:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Sounds familiar doesn't it...
But no, Orion = Riki. Not Yukimura.

ImageImage
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

What about Noss?
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Mr Charisma wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:00 am What about Noss?
What do you mean?
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

I mean he death was less brutal in anime.He got his head decapitated by Kaibutsu in manga.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Mr Charisma wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:48 am I mean he death was less brutal in anime.He got his head decapitated by Kaibutsu in manga.
Oh, yeah. Didn't realize you were referring back to the anime cleaning up violence in manga. North's death is definitely less brutal in the anime.
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Any guess how Gin and Sakura met each other for first time?

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

Raki wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:44 pm Any guess how Gin and Sakura met each other for first time?
It's explained in GDW volume 35. Two years prior, Gin, John, and Akame stumbled upon Sakura during their journeys. She'd gotten her leg caught in a bear trap, so the trio helped her out and then brought her back to her home. However, a month later Sakura ran away from home to join the Ohu dogs and she and Gin (who'd "fallen in love with her at first sight") got together some time afterwards.

Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Digsu wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:51 pm
Raki wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:44 pm Any guess how Gin and Sakura met each other for first time?
It's explained in GDW volume 35. Two years prior, Gin, John, and Akame stumbled upon Sakura during their journeys. She'd gotten her leg caught in a bear trap, so the trio helped her out and then brought her back to her home. However, a month later Sakura ran away from home to join the Ohu dogs and she and Gin (who'd "fallen in love with her at first sight") got together some time afterwards.
Oh that's right! Forgot it. I'll reread the monkey arc again! Thanks! :surprisegin:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”