GDW General Questions Thread

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Re: GDW General Questions Thread

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

FoxxTrott wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:55 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:46 pm
FoxxTrott wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:30 pm So there is a chance that a reboot or continuation could happen reboots have become popular as of late
It could happen. But as Yamadora said, it really depends on Japan first, so something needs to happen over there that would make Ginga big enough or something like that. Then the possibility will show itself I think.
You are most definitely right there. Is Ginga still popular in Japan like if I asked random people on the street if they know of this dog would they know. I'm just asking because I just don't hear much about Ginga other than from here.
I don't think that it is that well-known in Japan. I only think it's in the Nordic countries. But I could be wrong. GNG and GDW both got an anime, so maybe people will know what you are talking about.
Have a nice day!
FoxxTrott
Recruit
Recruit

Post by FoxxTrott »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:59 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:46 pm

It could happen. But as Yamadora said, it really depends on Japan first, so something needs to happen over there that would make Ginga big enough or something like that. Then the possibility will show itself I think.
You are most definitely right there. Is Ginga still popular in Japan like if I asked random people on the street if they know of this dog would they know. I'm just asking because I just don't hear much about Ginga other than from here.
I don't think that it is that well-known in Japan. I only think it's in the Nordic countries. But I could be wrong. GNG and GDW both got an anime, so maybe people will know what you are talking about.
So ginga is no Pikachu but I still have hope because where there is a will there is a way
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

FoxxTrott wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:03 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:59 pm
So ginga is no Pikachu but I still have hope because where there is a will there is a way
I like your spirit:) Keep up that hope. It could happen someday after all. This GNG license and GDW fandub could get us a step in the right direction.
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

We did get the GNG stage play and we are getting a continuation of it by the end of the year, so I think there is some hope for a reboot since there is an audience out there.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:07 pm We did get the GNG stage play and we are getting a continuation of it by the end of the year, so I think there is some hope for a reboot since there is an audience out there.
A continuation? So are they gonna do a GDW stage play or am I misunderstanding here?
Have a nice day!
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Wolpard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:07 pm We did get the GNG stage play and we are getting a continuation of it by the end of the year, so I think there is some hope for a reboot since there is an audience out there.
What's this continuation??? 😱
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:18 pm A continuation? So are they gonna do a GDW stage play or am I misunderstanding here?
Nuulo27 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:31 pm What's this continuation??? 😱
The first stage play didn't finish the story of GNG, it only went up until when they were planning to go to Shikoku, so the continuation will be the rest of the GNG Akakabuto arc I'm assuming.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:45 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:18 pm A continuation? So are they gonna do a GDW stage play or am I misunderstanding here?
Nuulo27 wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:31 pm What's this continuation??? 😱
The first stage play didn't finish the story of GNG, it only went up until when they were planning to go to Shikoku, so the continuation will be the rest of the GNG Akakabuto arc I'm assuming.
Oh like that! I never saw the stage play or anything, so I just assumed that they finished the entire story.
Have a nice day!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

There were sure a lot of people on stage. Maybe around 500 people or more. I don't exactly remember but it was a lot!! And was full in the room. So maybe around 5000 or even more dans watched the show. 😊 It was a lot! I was shocked that they didn't finished the show because there were so much more. 😊
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Raki wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:52 am There were sure a lot of people on stage. Maybe around 500 people or more. I don't exactly remember but it was a lot!! And was full in the room. So maybe around 5000 or even more dans watched the show. 😊 It was a lot! I was shocked that they didn't finished the show because there were so much more. 😊
5000 people for a Ginga stage play? That does seem like a lot.
Have a nice day!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:52 am
Raki wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:52 am There were sure a lot of people on stage. Maybe around 500 people or more. I don't exactly remember but it was a lot!! And was full in the room. So maybe around 5000 or even more dans watched the show. 😊 It was a lot! I was shocked that they didn't finished the show because there were so much more. 😊
I think so. They had the show for few days in different towns. I watched it in Tokyo and there were a lot of people watching the show. So I guess around the number or even more. :surprisegin:

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Raki wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:54 am
I think so. They had the show for few days in different towns. I watched it in Tokyo and there were a lot of people watching the show. So I guess around the number or even more. :surprisegin:
So around 5000 people watched the stage play in Tokyo alone? I wonder how many people have actually seen the stage play then.
Have a nice day!
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Woah, that's a lot of ginga fans
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_mrdCI6Rw
This GNG video has 730 000 views and 4,4k likes!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Kaiken wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:57 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_mrdCI6Rw
Damn... That's a lot. I've found some videos as well that have many views, but not as much as that. Most of them are just the ending and opening of GDW, GNG, and other songs and soundtracks, but that was expected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbzoWR5QWrc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HamWMR2f52s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOxfqX2onqU

Just a few videos with a lot of views as well. But as I said. None of them has as many as that one!
Have a nice day!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:00 am

So around 5000 people watched the stage play in Tokyo alone? I wonder how many people have actually seen the stage play then.
Not on the same day. I guess it's total people of all shows. I'm not so sure how many it really was. 😊

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Kaiken wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:57 am https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4_mrdCI6Rw
Aaaaa this still sends shivers down my spine. Both GNG and GDW anime openings are really catchy and good!
Kaiken
Banned
Banned

Post by Kaiken »

Nuulo27 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:50 am
Aaaaa this still sends shivers down my spine. Both GNG and GDW anime openings are really catchy and good!
Yeaa, they really are! Imagine what they could do for GDWO or Russian arc!
Favorites:
:kamakiri: :Hayate: :sunny: :stone: :victor: :gamu: :mole: :missile: :john: :yukimura: :sniper: :orion: :riki: :jerome: :matheus: :bon: :blanka: :akakama: :bayern :chutora: :akatora: :kurotora: :trigger: :bruiser:
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Raki wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:04 am

Not on the same day. I guess it's total people of all shows. I'm not so sure how many it really was. 😊
Okay. Just needed to make sure if it was 5000 people in Tokyo alone, or if it was around 5000 people for all the shows:)
Have a nice day!
FoxxTrott
Recruit
Recruit

Post by FoxxTrott »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:15 pm
Raki wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:04 am

Okay. Just needed to make sure if it was 5000 people in Tokyo alone, or if it was around 5000 people for all the shows:)
I really wish I could see it :nosebleed:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”