Question regarding the narration

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Question regarding the narration

Post by Arctic Ranger »

So I'm watching the anime again, and when I first heard Akame talk I got some strange sense of familiarity, I'd liken it to a déjà vu but it wasn't quite that.

His voice sounds really similar to the narrator to me. Am I completely mistaken on this matter or is it the same person? And if that's the case, is Akame actually narrating the events?

Edit: Spelling
Last edited by Arctic Ranger on Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
JazzyJazz
Seasoned
Seasoned

Re: Question regarding the narration

Post by JazzyJazz »

Yep, it's the same guy. Honestly, that's kind of a neat headcanon that the narration is Akame telling the events of the war after it's happened, and the episodes are us seeing more details.
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

JazzyJazz wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:00 pm Yep, it's the same guy. Honestly, that's kind of a neat headcanon that the narration is Akame telling the events of the war after it's happened, and the episodes are us seeing more details.
I don't suppose there's any confirmation then. It is a lovely idea though, I agree wholeheartedly.

I guess one could figure out if the narrator at any point says something that Akame or anyone else for that matter could not really know.

Words to truly live by.
Digsu
Legend
Legend

Post by Digsu »

I also like to headcanon that Akame really is narrating the story, but I wonder what Studio Deen's actual intention was when they cast the same guy as both the narrator and as Akame. Looking at the cast list, there are several actors who voiced multiple characters so maybe they just figured "hey, this guy could also do the narration"?

But on the other hand, Akame seems to be the only major character whose voice actor had more than one role, so maybe they did make the guy voice both characters on purpose. :THOT:

Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

I'll try to spot anything that would ruin my headcanon regarding this, but I've yet to do so definitively. I find it quite peculiar that Hougen's disgraced servants reveal his backstory to Weed and Co, with Akame present. Doesn't feel like it adds much of anything, except of course... That would explain how Akame knows his backstory, no?

It's just a stupid fan theory sure, I get that. But it's so exciting to think about. xD

Words to truly live by.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”