everything bad about weed

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Re: everything bad about weed

Post by Gingaddict »

kahooton wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:30 pm Weed had so much missed potential, his whole "everyone is born good!! Don't kill these dogs!! I don't care if they tried to murder me and my family a thousand times! Trust me or you're banished!" thing is just bad writing i think. He should have been scolded by Gin eventually for this behavior, mainly because everyone else treats him like the second coming of Jesus
I've been saying that for ages! All the dogs treat Weed like Jesus, especially during the Russian Arc when the young dogs feel they cannot move without him and treat him like he's the only one who can stop a whole army and for me, that was just pandering to Weed and it was sick!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
OreozFox
Rookie
Rookie

Post by OreozFox »

I partially blame the older Ohu dogs for Weed's behavior. They were all there for the fight with Akakabuto. They know killing is necessary sometimes.

And yet to them Weed is sooo perfect, and all bc he's Gin's son. Like Tesshin reassuring Weed in the anime, telling him that Gin would have thrown Jerome out too. No he wouldn't have! That's just what everyone wants to believe, probably bc they're desperate for another Gin while Gin was being held hostage. But then when Gin had the opportunity to show everyone that Weed was wrong, including Weed, he rewards Weed for his foolishness by letting him lead the Ohu Army! And then Weed continued to get worse.
DreamingParadise

Post by DreamingParadise »

This entire thread just made me feel so much better about not liking Weed...
MeteorGin

Post by MeteorGin »

For me it was all downhill after GNG, which kind of sucks haha. Weed as a character took all the qualities that made Gin kind of bland, and amplified them without getting any good traits of his own to balance those out. And then he got 500 chapters.
Vicutooru
Potential
Potential

Post by Vicutooru »

Weed is awesome
:EMPTY:
SoullessDog
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by SoullessDog »

I like Weed, but everyone here has a good point here and there. From the bad writing to his character, to everyone not acknowledging any of it, his hypocrisy, etc., etc.

I can forgive some of the things he does, like his naivety. But I can't forgive what he did in GDWO, and I'm not sure what he did in TWL.

-----
Banners and Sprites by GSDJohn

Photoshop Banner by Me

Multiversal Trio Art by Me
chance

Post by chance »

Weed: Jerome how dare you kill these two spies even though we're in the middle of a dog war, killing is never okay

also weed: im gonna go murder this guy by myself because i heard he killed my dad
AlaskanGingaFan

Post by AlaskanGingaFan »

The weirdest thing in my opinion about Weed is his name. My god! A lot of you are Europeans, but in America, "Weed" refers to marijuana or pot. That is a drug. XD I've always just assumed that Yoshi's English was bad and he didn't know this underlying meaning. In Japan, characters are named after, for example, things in Nature. "Flowing Stream" would be one I suppose, or "Mountain Wind". So why not a word that meant "Wild Plant" in English? Apart from 'weed' being a drug, it is also not referring to a 'good' wild plant; they are annoying trashy hobo plants that will destroy your garden, and they are impossible to get rid of! ALSO, IT'S A DRUG! Do your research Yoshi XD
Apart from that, I just found Weed not to be a fitting protagonist for such a violent, dark and cruel show, completely different from GNG which is much more colorful and lighthearted, in a way. Weed is much too young to be a leader, and this is why he is too merciful of his enemies and makes poor decisions. It is very sad that people trash him for being wimpy because he is just a scared little kid who is putting on a show of bravado when it matters. There's a lot of pressure on the little guy and he doesn't know what to do, and what kind of kid wants to kill another of their own species?! That's just my opinion though. Weed is a terrible protagonist because of his name and because he is little.

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”