(Poll) Manga or anime? GDW

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).

Manga or anime?

The manga
74%
The anime
26%

Total votes: 89

Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

(Poll) Manga or anime? GDW

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

Which one of these do you prefer?
Have a nice day!
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Re: (Poll) Manga or anime? GDW

Post by YamaDora »

I very much prefer manga over the anime. I have my cripes with the anime *cough*stolen soundtrack*cough* but I have to give it some credit (improving Jerome's storyline).
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

The Manga has more emotional attachment to the story and characters and captures the spirit and tone of GNG better than the anime. It's inclusion of Daisuke, His parents, Hidetoshi, George among others was a big bonus, and it's kind of overlong but involving narrative captured my attention right away.

The anime is okay, and i do watch it once in a while. It just doesn't live fully up to the Manga or GNG anime. The anime of course does cut off some subplots and some pointless scenes but which is good, but it doesn't show as much passion or excitement as GNG. An example is Gin and Weed's first official meeting which was underwhelming as heck.
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

YamaDora wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:12 pm I very much prefer manga over the anime. I have my cripes with the anime *cough*stolen soundtrack*cough* but I have to give it some credit (improving Jerome's storyline).
You noticed The Last Samurai rip-off?
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

WolfKing wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:16 pm
YamaDora wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:12 pm I very much prefer manga over the anime. I have my cripes with the anime *cough*stolen soundtrack*cough* but I have to give it some credit (improving Jerome's storyline).
No, but all the Digimon rip-offs instead. (yes, there's more than one)
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

YamaDora wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:25 pm
No, but all the Digimon rip-offs instead. (yes, there's more than one)
Oh yeah

Digimon and GDW were both made by Toei Animation. Coincidence? i think not

If you listen you can kinda hear cheap rip-offs from all kinds of movies and series
YamaDora
Comrade
Comrade

Post by YamaDora »

WolfKing wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 1:27 pmDigimon and GDW were both made by Toei Animation. Coincidence? i think not
No, GDW anime was made by Studio Deen.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

I also prefer the manga because the anime avoided a bunch of characters, but it is still great:)
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

The anime is okay, and i do watch it once in a while. It just doesn't live fully up to the Manga or GNG anime. The anime of course does cut off some subplots and some pointless scenes but which is good, but it doesn't show as much passion or excitement as GNG. An example is Gin and Weed's first official meeting which was underwhelming as heck.
I haven’t read til the point where Gin and Weed meets each other in the manga, but the scene with Weed and Gin meeting each other was not as good as it could have been. Besides, IT WAS THEIR ONLY MEETING IN THE ANIME, SO IT MADE ME DISSAPOINTED!
But at least it happened I guess.
Have a nice day!
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Post by WolfKing »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:16 pm
I haven’t read til the point where Gin and Weed meets each other in the manga, but the scene with Weed and Gin meeting each other was not as good as it could have been. Besides, IT WAS THEIR ONLY MEETING IN THE ANIME, SO IT MADE ME DISSAPOINTED!
Just wait till you get to that part in the manga, YOU'LL LOVE IT! It's even better than what i was hoping for. I knew it was gonna be good in the manga considering the differences but it exceeded my expectations a bit. The anime meeting was a missed opportunity yes. I was like really Gin? You got to meet your son and what? You're suddenly all Stoic and emotionless. No tears or anything of joy or sadness.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

WolfKing wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:20 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 2:16 pm
Just wait till you get to that part in the manga, YOU'LL LOVE IT! It's even better than what i was hoping for. I knew it was gonna be good in the manga considering the differences but it exceeded my expectations a bit. The anime meeting was a missed opportunity yes. I was like really Gin? You got to meet your son and what? You're suddenly all Stoic and emotionless. No tears or anything of joy or sadness.
Now I’m just excited for that part:)

BTW, when Gin and Weed met each other for the first time, I laughed when Gin said that Weed had surpassed him just because of a pep talk. I was screaming “WHAT!?” and just laughed at him. I found it very weird.
Have a nice day!
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I'd say manga. Has a well done story and good characters. So much more details that isn't in anime!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Raki wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 5:07 pm I'd say manga. Has a well done story and good characters. So much more details that isn't in anime!
The anime also changed a lot. Now, I have not read the entire Hougen arc yet, so I can’t really say which one I prefer yet, but so far, the manga. One of the main reasons is because it has the humans, but that’s just one. I don’t really wanna go into detail since I haven’t read all that the anime covered yet.
Last edited by Silver_Alchemist on Sat May 02, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

The anime is butt-ugly most of the time but I prefer the writing in it to the manga overall. Sucks that some characters get cut out, like George, but the anime cuts down on a lot of unnecessary stuff that happens and I think it just progresses a lot more smoothly.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:42 pm The anime is butt-ugly most of the time but I prefer the writing in it to the manga overall. Sucks that some characters get cut out, like George, but the anime cuts down on a lot of unnecessary stuff that happens and I think it just progresses a lot more smoothly.
What would you consider unnecessary?
Have a nice day!
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:03 pm
Wolpard wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 8:42 pm The anime is butt-ugly most of the time but I prefer the writing in it to the manga overall. Sucks that some characters get cut out, like George, but the anime cuts down on a lot of unnecessary stuff that happens and I think it just progresses a lot more smoothly.
There are just some random moments that drag, like Weed and the gang stopping to help random dogs that never really reoccur/aren't important. Like we get it, Weed and his gang are the good guys. We don't need to see this a hundred times. :bella3: The anime just moves at a faster pace and doesn't dilly-dally.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Wolpard wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 10:57 pm
Silver_Alchemist wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 9:03 pm
There are just some random moments that drag, like Weed and the gang stopping to help random dogs that never really reoccur/aren't important. Like we get it, Weed and his gang are the good guys. We don't need to see this a hundred times. :bella3: The anime just moves at a faster pace and doesn't dilly-dally.
I see what you mean:) Yeah, that is true. If we talk about all these nice deeds, then the anime is more smooth. Personally, I don’t care if the manga does these little stops, as long as it is good content, and not boring, but still, I see what you mean, and I do agree.
Have a nice day!
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I picked anime because I just know not many are going to pick it and it was how I was introduced to the Ginga series!
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Gingaddict wrote: Sun May 03, 2020 11:32 pm I picked anime because I just know not many are going to pick it and it was how I was introduced to the Ginga series!
That's fair:) That is usually what people also think is the best of something (unless you binge watch it from start to finish). It's always what introduced you to it in the first place.
Have a nice day!
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

striker32 wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 6:44 pm i would very much prefer the anime although i haven't read the manga :bon1:
You can read up to chapter 171 on SilverFangReader :surprisegin:

It's still ongoing
Have a nice day!

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”