Who is the most badass character in Ginga?

General discussion of all things related to Ginga Densetsu Weed (also known as Ginga Legend Weed).
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Who is the most badass character in Ginga?

Post by Phantom Riki »

I know this question is really weird but I wanna know!!For me,it's Jerome all the way.
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Who is the most badass character in Ginga?

Post by Spirit Tree »

I would like to say Riki. He was awesome and superb. He was definitely one of the most badass characters.

By the way, I think this topic should be in the General Talk section to make it more fit.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

Tough question considering Ginga likes to surround itself in badass-ary.

Riki, John, Benizakura, and Akatora all come to mind specifically- especially since they all had incredible death scenes.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Riki - Do I even need to say? The only opponent worthy to him are bears. He defended his fort all by himself for 3 months alone, despite how thickening Akakabuto's territory was expanding.

John - Faced all sorts of wild beasts alone as a hunting dog, took down tons of Koga dogs alone, I'll never forget the scene where he made Henry the Third bow down and kiss his feet, and even as an old man on the verge of death, took down tons of dogs. He. cut. his own. intestines. Enough said.

Akatora - He's cool and got attitude, but of course the winning moment is taking Akakabuto's swing, losing half your body and still blinding him successfully. Top tier

Izou - I might be alone on this, but that's fine -v- I loved all his scenes in GDWO. Even if his ruthlessness rubbed off on Orion [which I don't think it did, Orion was a problem from the beginning], the scene that won me over was him and his brothers walking right into Masamune's base without hesitation, taking that kai ken's bite without flinching, and facing Masashige without a care of the results was just really cool to me. Him being a nice guardian to Orion adds to it too.

Jerome - He's a bit of a mixed bag sometimes. He looks so cool [especially in the well animated episodes], is very clearly skilled, goes above and beyond in cleverness when fighting against most enemies, knows when business needs to be done [killing the assassins/scouts] and even when drenched in blood, he never stops trying or demand fairness [like vs the russian dogs or vs tesshin]. He gets beat up a lot though and can be so easily swayed by whatever new thing Weed brings up as a moral to have, but ignoring those scenes, he's usually pretty cool.

Orion can one day be on this list because he has a lot of traits of one. Being unstoppable, strong, skilled, brave and a don't-care attitude... but I'll wait til he becomes more humble. It'd feel annoying to add him when I just think about TLW him, who was really annoying and not 'badass' to me.

ImageImage
skinklegs
Comrade
Comrade

Post by skinklegs »

Akatora is definitely up there. It's hard to top getting half your body obliterated and then coming back for more because you're just that angry.

I would also like to nominate Kyoushiro, though.
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

I wonder how people haven't mentioned Hakuro yet!!
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Kurotora in GDW, definitely!

But I want to say that John is the original badass. If Riki didn't have any puppies he would be the ultimate badass bachelor
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

skinklegs wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:40 pm Akatora is definitely up there. It's hard to top getting half your body obliterated and then coming back for more because you're just that angry.

I would also like to nominate Kyoushiro, though.
OG Kyoushiro is definitely up there! Love me a punk who beats up child abusers
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

I would like to put one more name here:Shiro.I mean he was said to be a fearsome bear hound dog.Plus when Heiji and his pack noticed him they stopped coming to the way of Riki...whenever he went to meet his mother.Guess Jerome is not my only pick.
AlaskanGingaFan

Post by AlaskanGingaFan »

KYOSHIRO!!!!!!!! HE IS SO BADASS
canisfamiliariz

Post by canisfamiliariz »

In my opinion i would definitely say John. Im really impressed by the fact that even on the verge of death he'll stare Hougen in the eyes and give him the biggest ''fuck you''. And in his prime he fought all kinds of animals that i personally would not dare take on myself!
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Definitely Riki, at least that's clealry with author's intent. A big deal is made about how impressive and capable he is, even Benizakura with all his buildup and shows of strength, is utterly moved upon seeing Riki for the first time.

John of course is a honorable mention as well, how he went out in GDW, as is Toubei. But they're also shown to be vulnerable the same as everyone else, which I feel was never the case with Riki.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Silver_Alchemist
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Silver_Alchemist »

This series is filled with some absolute badass characters that narrowing it down to just one is very hard for me. I would say that the contenders for my number one spot would be Riki, Hakuro, the kai brothers, John, Benizakura, Jerome, Hiro, and Gohei (I fucking love this man. Chopping off his own leg to feed his dog and give him strength :tfw_orion1: fucking badass). I really don't know which one of these would be my number one, but it's definitely one of these dudes.
Last edited by Silver_Alchemist on Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Have a nice day!
kahooton
Comrade
Comrade

Post by kahooton »

How has nobody mentioned Ben yet?! :orion4:

My picks are Ben, Riki, Mukonga, John, Kurojaki, Toube, Kenshin, and Kagetora.

most of these are pretty self explanatory, but Toube Kenshin and Kage.

:toube: Toube literally died and sacrificed himself for the better of Ohu and died STANDING UP

:kenshin: Kenshin was stabbed through his whole body against a tree, and was then spared and survived. Not to mention he is also a shinobi :orion4:

:kagetora: Kagetora hasn't been getting attention as of recent, but when he jumped on Kaibutsu's face to throw him down the ledge after telling him about Akatora... wow. Also in GDN Crow was threatening to break his neck and he really said "bet. go ahead"
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

I would say Riki. He had an impressive reputation as an Ohu boss in the whole country.
Last edited by Jinto on Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gingaddict
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Gingaddict »

I'd go for a tie between Riki, Akame and Jerome because they do kick alot of ass on their own but at the same time don't always let their opponents know about it so they catch them off guard. I think character is more badass when they don't glorify it. like John Wick :tfw_akame:
I did a Ginga dog horoscope and according my calculations, I am most like Gin! Am I lucky?

I took one of those 'Which character are you?' tests, one which happened to be Ginga related and it said I would
be most like Tesshin! I feel quite honoured!
DweZie Hype

Post by DweZie Hype »

I'd say Akame, riki and toube
sabrus
Recruit
Recruit

Post by sabrus »

...sasuke. :sasuke:
:kisaragi: :uzuki: :hazuki: :minazuki: :izou: :harpoonbear: :retsuga: :rigel:
GingaDensetsuItalia
Friend
Friend

Post by GingaDensetsuItalia »

in Weed is Jerome,
in the whole series: RIKI
GangstaGuru
Mentor
Mentor

Post by GangstaGuru »

I don't know if this question is directed to just GDW or the whole series. This being posted in the GDW section is just confusing XD

For GDW itself, Jerome is the first that comes to mind, even though he's not of my favourites. For someone that's a trained assassin/guard dog, he comes across as calm and cool. John would be up there as well, I actually much preferred his character development in GDW than GNG personally. Akame as well, and I think his badassery has been consistent throughout every Ginga series.

But for the whole Ginga-verse, I think there's a reason why Riki is the popular vote here. Mannerisms aren't too different to what I said with Jerome, but his fighting skills absolutely eclipse him. I don't think there's been a dog who's got anywhere near to defeating him in a fight (Except in the first encounter with Heiji and his crew, but he was only a puppy then so I'll let that pass).
Other reasons: He literally fought off bears by himself while everyone else went across the country recruiting, he learnt a killer fighting move from a wolf. Also something that someone else mentioned which was a very valid point, is that his reputation was known throughout all of Japan (and possibly further) to dogs. Gin is probably the only other leader who had a somewhat similar level of reputation, simply for killing Akakabuto. But Weed or Orion I don't think ever had or ever will have, that type of reputation.

Akame, Akatora and Kenshin would've been the next picks for me
FurAffinity
DeviantArt
Twitter

If you want to change the world, start off my making your bed

:akame: :EXCITE:

Return to “Ginga Densetsu Weed”