Silver Fang – Big in the North

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Miles

Silver Fang – Big in the North

Post by Miles »

Finally finished and published my latest multi-month video project:

SILVER FANG – Big in the North

Hopefully some of y'all here will enjoy it!

Please consider leaving a comment and giving it a like, as it does help a whole bunch with making the video more visible.
Last edited by Miles on Sat May 01, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spirit Tree
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Silver Fang – Big in the North

Post by Spirit Tree »

This is a great video. After watching, I got to learn more things about GNG that I’ve never seen before. Incredible research. :surprisegin:

If you do choose to make another video on Ginga, I’ll be glad to see it in the future. Thank you for sharing.

Also that could help to attract more people that have never seen Ginga before.
:mangariki: :fuji: :gin: :smith: :sakura: :ben: :hyena: :noah: :weed: :gb: :koyuki: :kotetsu: :jerome: :lydia: :aram: :sasuke: :yukimura: :orion: :rigel: :bella: :bon:
Chibi by Dragon; banners & sprite by GSDJohn
Miles

Post by Miles »

Thanks a bunch, Spirit Tree! Really glad to hear you enjoyed it! This definitely took a while putting together.

Would be happy if it could help increase awareness of the series (and the extended Ginga universe), but will see how much traction it gets.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Miles wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:50 pm Finally finished and published my latest multi-month video project:

SILVER FANG – Big in the North

Hopefully some of y'all here will enjoy it!

Please consider leaving a comment and giving it a like, as it does help a whole bunch with making the video more visible.

Just finished watching it. Great video. I haven't looked into other dubs before so it's great to hear the Finnish dub isn't the only bad one lmao. I heavily dislike how they turned it into 4 mini-movies with horrible dub and forced to be more "child friendly". It ruined the story towards the end. I wouldn't mind if they would show it on TV or if they would re-dub it but that's never gonna happen.
Miles

Post by Miles »

Thank you, Jinto! The overall best dub might be the Swedish one, from what I've heard, but I think they had the same issue as the Norwegian one with having only a few voice actors playing many characters. (I think all the dubs did.)

The dubs all have some nostalgic value to those that grew up with them though, and they're definitely "historically" interesting. I still enjoy the Norwegian dub a whole bunch, and plan on eventually fully watching the Swedish dub and – if I can get my hands on it – the Danish dub.
Tonizerna
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Tonizerna »

Really good video. I liked how you dealt with the Nordic countries in great detail. Awesome work :tfw_bella2:
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

I really like the video! :D Great job!
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
Miles

Post by Miles »

Thanks a heap, Tonizerna and Raki! Glad you both enjoyed it!
Miles

Post by Miles »

I'll be doing a live Q&A and behind the scenes stream on Twitch tomorrow (May 9th) at 21:30 CEST over on my Twitch channel. I don't expect much of a turn-out, but if anyone from Gingaboard wants to drop by that'd be awesome!

Here's a quick little trailer I managed to put together.

Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

Miles wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 4:55 pm I'll be doing a live Q&A and behind the scenes stream on Twitch tomorrow (May 9th) at 21:30 CEST over on my Twitch channel. I don't expect much of a turn-out, but if anyone from Gingaboard wants to drop by that'd be awesome!

Here's a quick little trailer I managed to put together.

Gotta go to work on Monday so unfortunately I can't come. That and I prefer watching streams on YouTube. But hope it goes well
Miles

Post by Miles »

Jinto wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:26 pm Gotta go to work on Monday so unfortunately I can't come. That and I prefer watching streams on YouTube. But hope it goes well
Aw, too bad. And thanks! Again, don't expect a very big turn-out for this, but will hopefully be fun and relaxed.
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

This video was so good and well made!! I gave it a retweet on Twitter ^^ I even learned a lot too!
Cute art by the way! cx

ImageImage
Miles

Post by Miles »

Dragon wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:57 am This video was so good and well made!! I gave it a retweet on Twitter ^^ I even learned a lot too!
Cute art by the way! cx
Aw, thank you so much! Really appreciated the retweet, always helps with reaching more people (which ain't easy!).

... and of course, glad you liked the video! Silver Fang is both a great anime, and a fascinating phenomena.

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”