GNG Tiermaker List!

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

GNG Tiermaker List!

Post by Dragon »

Hey guys! I just made a GNG tier list! Use it however you like. I'd love to see what you guys come up with, whether it's for fun, joking, or ranking your favs!
https://tiermaker.com/create/ginga-naga ... ers-752318

Here's my first take on it LOL:

What characters would do if a snack they tried getting from a vending machine got stuck

ImageImage
Reno
Friend
Friend

Re: GNG Tiermaker List!

Post by Reno »

Fun! I did one of my own:
I did mine by favorites
Image Avatar and banner done by Kasi. Sprite by GSDJohn!
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Oh yes!! Thanks for taking the time for making this, I'll definitely be using it a lot :EXCITE:. I already liked to make Ginga tier lists before this one! (Text-based ones, though)

First I'll put here the basic tier list: a tier list of my character preferences! ...Yeah, just 4 categories, and there is not a single "I hate them" or even "I dislike them" category. I just love all the cast asdfasdf: the good guys for their heroism, the villains and meaner characters for their evulz, the developed characters for their character depth and the flat characters for the possibility of interpreting their personalities and abilities. I only excluded the humans because I'm in for the fighting dogs and bears, didn't even feel like creating a 5th category for them:jeromeder:

----
And here is a graphical version of the Text-based tier list I made for my custom version of the Battle for Futago Pass board game! What's this, you say? Here's the topic explaining it, containing all the character abilities. It also contains a much longer explanation for the positions of the characters on the list. (Though some positions have to be updated) To put it shortly, I made a custom ruleset for the Battle for Futago Pass board game where every character has different abilities that can help you speed up your own game, hinder your foes, and many other things. This is my own tier list of the character abilities on said game after doing quite a bit of testing of it playing it on December!

--To provide some commentary on our experience testing this variant of the game:
- :uzuki: Uzuki would always be very handy to have as his ability could help win the battles faster :EXCITE:.

-We never got :moss: Moss's ability to work :jeromeder:. The person using it would always roll an even number (the ability does nothing unless you roll an odd number). But it keeps a good position on the list as the effect is quite terrifying if it works (remove 1 ally from every opponent that has more allies than you).

- :smith: Smith's ability backfired on me 2 of the 3 times I used it :). "A random player loses a turn, this could be yourself". My own Smith made me lose two turns :tfw_aokabuto2:. On the first tier list I made I put him of the lowest tier, but he is actually a bit better than :wilson: Wilson because he is LVL2 and his ability at least does something (if just a minor annoyance that can backfire).

- :bill: Bill's possibility of stealing a new ally chip is really good! It's a free win on a battle! We would actively try to get Bill first because of his ability :jeromeder:

-...Unless somebody got :kisaragi: Kisaragi and kept him until an opponent got a strong character, as Kisaragi's ability here is reducing the uses of a rival's ability to zero! Using Kisaragi against an enemy Bill is very effective... as is getting Kisaragi AND Bill as allies so that the others don't cancel your Bill's ability!

-With :john: John you can select where to attack Akakabuto on the final battle, which actually helped players win the matches! (As more and more spots gets occupied it becomes hard to aim at Akakabuto).

-For a LVL1 character, you can pull quite the stunts with :jaguar: Jaguar XD. He can be used to exchange your weak ally with your opponent's LVL3 character! Similarly using :hyena: Hyena (who is also LVL1) is great to spy on your opponent's cards and take decisions on how to use abilities from other characters accordingly!
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
reenarules
Friend
Friend

Post by reenarules »

y'all know I had to meme on 'em :orion3:

Can I copy your homework?

Lemme just say that I was so stuck on most of the ones in the "Yeah sure" category lkjhgbhyJUG, I kinda treated it like neutral ground here

also the fact that the tiermaker logo is blocking some of the characters is bothering me so much
ImageImageImage
Kirara chibis made by Dragon!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Nice lists, guys!! :bon1:
reenarules wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:56 am y'all know I had to meme on 'em :orion3:

Lemme just say that I was so stuck on most of the ones in the "Yeah sure" category lkjhgbhyJUG, I kinda treated it like neutral ground here

also the fact that the tiermaker logo is blocking some of the characters is bothering me so much
LMAO This feels so legit. The 'we had homework?' and 'bold of you to assume I did it' tier is perfection, and the read tier killed me LOL

ImageImage
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

reenarules wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:56 am y'all know I had to meme on 'em :orion3:

I actually made a text tier list exactly like this one on early 2019 :jeromeder:, though it was with mostly GDW characters and the question more precisely was "Can you help me with my homework?". Here's that tier list in graphical form and with GNG characters:

Can you help me with my homework?

And now that there is a Ginga School AU these tiers make much more sense xD
--------
And here I'll leave another list :p.

How Ginga characters would write on the Internet:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

GSDJohn wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 3:17 pm And now that there is a Ginga School AU these tiers make much more sense xD
TRUE 👀
And here I'll leave another list :p.

How Ginga characters would write on the Internet:
LOL This is so legit. Especially Hakuro and the dry people aaaaaa

ImageImage
Nerdykestrel74
Recruit
Recruit

Post by Nerdykestrel74 »

Here's my own take. I tried to add every character except for the bears. Only one character is missing because I for the life of me could not remember who he is.

EDIT: Sorry for the tiny text in the first box. idk what happened :tfw_aokabuto2:

Who says fuck?
Akakama my beloved <3 :akakama:
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

Nerdykestrel74 wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 7:52 pm Here's my own take. I tried to add every character except for the bears. Only one character is missing because I for the life of me could not remember who he is.

EDIT: Sorry for the tiny text in the first box. idk what happened :tfw_aokabuto2:

Who says fuck?
LOL I love this
thank you for this jdosjoisj

The dog you forgot is Musashi! I'll admit, I forget him sometimes myself :tfw_bella1:

ImageImage
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Okay, new tiers here!!

Another Ginga school themed one! :EXCITE:

What would the GNG characters do during an exam:

Edit: Oh wait!!
:bill: Bill won't steal the materials from random students, but from students that deserve it (bullies, etc) and he would convince the teacher that it's them the ones that didn't bring the materials so that they're punished :EXCITE:

-------------
Not everybody will understand what the second one is about :jeromeder:. I'll leave it as a bonus for these that do understand it :EXCITE:

How would the GNG characters play Japanese Mahjong:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

GSDJohn wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:14 am What would the GNG characters do during an exam:
LMAO why is this so real :tfw_rigel1:

ImageImage
LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

I always wanted to do one of these
I just did one of my faves bc I'm not creative enough to make a different kind of list lmao
:tfw_rigel1:

The logo is eating my soul
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

How would the GNG characters react if you sent them a funny text:

---
I had a lot of fun making this second one :tfw_rigel1:, it was originally supposed to follow a simplistic tier list that has been done before but then it came to tell some sort of little story :p.

What would the GNG characters do if they saw a child crying:

You messed up really bad, :sniper: Sniper :tfw_rigel1:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Dragon
Adviser
Adviser

Post by Dragon »

LIBRAKIND wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:03 pm I just did one of my faves bc I'm not creative enough to make a different kind of list lmao
:tfw_rigel1:
That's fine! I love your last tier's name LOL I can agree with feeling that way with some characters.
GSDJohn wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 7:12 am What would the GNG characters do if they saw a child crying:
Oh my gosh, the 'gets annoyed' tier looool
Kurojaki and Moss caring is so surprisingly wholesome :tfw_orion1:

ImageImage
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

And here is another tier list!! I had a lot of fun making this one as well! :EXCITE:

What would the GNG characters be like if you owned them as pets:

I need to get a lot of dogs all with Ginga names asdfasdf
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

Reviving this topic! :EXCITE:

What GingaBoard emojis would characters use more frequently:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

---
Raki
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Raki »

GSDJohn wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:27 am Reviving this topic! :EXCITE:

What GingaBoard emojis would characters use more frequently:
so good :tfw_rigel1:
Banner made by Akame, thank you <3

Made by GSDJohn
Thank you!<3

Thank you <3
FlickaBee
Legend
Legend

Post by FlickaBee »

I've seen these tier lists floating around and I'm excited to find a gng one. I ranked based on favorite to least favorite.

- The 'Love' category is just my all around favorites (Gin, John, and Tesshin are my all time favorites so belong here by default lol). Plus Beni who is just a great character with a great story.
- And then 'Really like' are characters that aren't my favorite but still deserve a special spot.
- 'Neutral (positive)' are characters I don't have an overall strong feeling towards but still lean more positive/likable.
- 'Neutral' are characters that are just kind of there and that I don't have any strong feelings for but like them enough to still appreciate them in some way.
- 'Meh' are characters are ones that I don't necessarily dislike but wouldn't say I liked either. They exist and that's all.

LIBRAKIND
Upholder
Upholder

Post by LIBRAKIND »

Okay after some rethinking I felt the need to redo this :surprisegin:

Not that much different from my previous one, but I feel better with this one's rankings lmao
^click me!^
My Socials
Mukonga and Hunderian banners made by me
Libra sprite made by GSDJohn and Dragon

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”