Your Favorite Soundtrack

General discussion of all things related to Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Your Favorite Soundtrack

Post by Phantom Riki »

What's your favorite soundtrack from the series??Mine is 'Sorrow (Riki version and classic).
Power isn't Justice.Justice is Power!!
Previously known as Mr Charisma
WolfKing
Friend
Friend

Re: Your Favorite Soundtrack

Post by WolfKing »

Mine is "Gin and Daisuke" such a heartwarming and touching friendship theme
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

I would have to prefer the GDW soundtracks, especially the intro played slowly, which they use in some dramatic scenes.
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

Nuulo27 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:07 am I would have to prefer the GDW soundtracks, especially the intro played slowly, which they use in some dramatic scenes.
Ahhh... so which is is your favorite?
Phalene
Mentor
Mentor

Post by Phalene »

Phantom Riki wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:23 am
Nuulo27 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 7:07 am I would have to prefer the GDW soundtracks, especially the intro played slowly, which they use in some dramatic scenes.
Ahhh... so which is is your favorite?
I'd say the GDW soundtrack, I love the vocals!
People don't get upset about things,
but their beliefs of them
Wolpard
Defender
Defender

Post by Wolpard »

I like the GNG soundtrack as a whole better, but my favorite tracks are Kokoro no Kiba (GNG) and Way of Soldiers, Way of the Monster (GDW)
Tonizerna
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Tonizerna »

Favorite is Shouri No Uta, because it's such a catchy lyrics and melody
AlaskanGingaFan

Post by AlaskanGingaFan »

"Hoero Gin" is like the best J-rock song ever, but all the GNG songs are super powerful
GSDJohn
Champion
Champion

Post by GSDJohn »

I love the GNG soundtrack :bon2:, I find it to be very awesome, it's one of the major reasons why the GNG anime is my favorite one!

As for specific tracks I like from it, I absolutely love the opening, it's pretty catchy and a great way to start every episode, it's also the first Ginga song I heard as my first exposure to the Ginga series (on 2015, when I still wasn't that much of a fan. But still, the memories!!) was watching the GNG anime, so I guess there's also sort of a nostalgia factor here. The opening song alone makes it worth it rewatching GNG even if I don't usually rewatch things! Run and run, run and run, kaze ni nari hashiree!! :gin: :john: :akame: :ben: :kisaragi: :moss: :cross: :bill: :akakabuto:

Of course John's theme ("Appearance of Rival John 2") is also a favorite of mine :john:. It certainly has a John feel to it. Like it's a song depicting somebody skilled and not afraid to challenge others 😎, but it has a light pitch and cheery tune to it, it makes it clear that the character in question is not one of the villains. I like listening to it while working on things and while playing games that have no background music!

There's also the song "In the Trap" among my favorites. Such a dark and eerie sound to it! :P4:

There might be other GNG songs that I love and I forgot to mention, guess it's time for a GNG rewatch! Awesome opening, here I go! :EXCITE:
~ Image ~

TeePublic Merch

Crumble, Oreo Bastard! :hougen: 🍪

---
Banners and Papercrafts by me. Multiversal Trio Art by SoullessDog. DTJ Art by Dolan!
Bluey_Madison
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Bluey_Madison »

I really like all of the vocal soundtracks, and I have to agree with WolfKing with 'Gin and Daisuke.' But one of my top favorites would be 'Across the Sea.' I like the mystery and adventure that it gives off, and it works perfectly for introducing the next stage of the journey. It's got a lot of feeling to it, and I like it. Overall, the whole GNG soundtrack might be very dated, but they've got a lot of catchy themes in there that I often find myself humming after I've listened to the tracks for drawing. I also like the end parts to 'Mystery 2.' It's hard to describe why I like a song like that, sometimes I just like parts of songs for the way they sound. This one in particular feels like a memory.

I really liked the GDW soundtrack too, but now that I know even that's ripped off several other series, it's hard not to think about that when I hear the songs. But out of the whole list, I like Smith's theme the best.

Dubbed versions of the openings and endings are really cool to listen too as well. I like the Swedish versions of GNG and GDW, and there's a Spanish version of GDW's theme that I like to come back to sometimes.
man-faced dog
right dog is made by CantaloupeFish, left dog is unknown publisher magazine
:rocket: :jet: :missile: :luke:
DweZie Hype

Post by DweZie Hype »

I love all the soundtracks in GNG. But if I have too pick two it would be Tomorrow, I Revived peace and Birth of Gin
Fino
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fino »

I always loved Kokoro no Kiba. The GNG soundtrack overall is probably my favorite but I do like the GDW Tsukiakari and intro theme too.
canisfamiliariz

Post by canisfamiliariz »

I really love ''Last Rising of Akakabuto'' (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsSTBn2 ... Deathspair) even if i never heard it get used in the anime myself. Its still a really awesome track nonetheless
Arctic Ranger
Comrade
Comrade

Post by Arctic Ranger »

Main theme of course, but also the common battle theme, which I believe is titled "Defeat Akakabuto" and is listed as the 13th (B) track here on this playlist:

https://soundcloud.com/stellannord/sets ... collection

Honorable mention goes to the track which plays when the pack is returning to meet up with Riki, it's a kind of uplifting and pump-up track. In the aforementioned playlist it's titled the same, but "13c" instead.
"Exceed the you from yesterday."
-Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin

Words to truly live by.
Jinto
Fighter
Fighter

Post by Jinto »

If we don't count the main theme of GNG or GDW I'd say my favourite is Call of the Wild.
TenderVulture
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TenderVulture »

Run for a New Future and Across the Sea.
zj
Adviser
Adviser

Post by zj »

That sad horn and guitar bit that wasn't released on the soundtrack vinyl :tfw_orion1:

Phantom Riki
Seasoned
Seasoned

Post by Phantom Riki »

zj wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:30 pm That sad horn and guitar bit that wasn't released on the soundtrack vinyl :tfw_orion1:

The nostalgia |( :)
Sandatora
Translator
Translator

Post by Sandatora »

I love GNG's soundtrack but my top favorite is 'Fighters'

Icon by VyzWares on Twitter!
🌺 Art topic | Oc generator & Picrew | Art Fight | Toyhouse | Tumblr | Art Tumblr 🌺
Sonichu
Defender
Defender

Post by Sonichu »

Gathered Strike, Across the Sea, Afterwars (unrealeased), Shouri no Uta, and Sad memory of Father/Sorrow :)

Return to “Ginga: Nagareboshi Gin”